Basics and Layout Management
A layout is a data structured arrangement which describes how the MaxAim DI engine should map the keyboard, mouse buttons and Direct Input entries to the controller's buttons and how the mouse movements should be translated to the controller's analog stick. A layout can also contain the bytecode of a GPC script for advanced customization, one button press macros, automation of commands, event reaction and more.
MaxAim DI supports multiple layouts for multiple games settings, as every game needs a different buttons mapping and they all have different stick dead-zones, geometries, variable sensitivity, acceleration regions, asymmetric sensitivity and non-linear movement.
The menu bar has a set of drop down menus for easy access of all MaxAim DI functions, such as creating and exporting layouts, configuring mouse settings, Direct Input settings, accessing Gtuner plugin integration tools, displaying help documentation, interacting with application and so on.
• File Menu: The File menu contains a set of operations for layout management.
• Layout Options: Menu with a set of tools and operations for configuration of active layout.
• Direct Input: Enable/Disable Direct Input and game controller settings for Direct Input.
• Device Monitor: Gives access to Gtuner's Device Monitor, this menu is available only in plugin mode.
• Help Menu: On the help menu you have links to our website, to the MaxAim DI online forum and to access this documentation. The About item open a dialog window that shows you information about the MaxAim, copyright and author's credits.
The layout combo box contains all available layouts, select the layout you want configure or for the game your are currently playing. The active layout is also used on export and delete operations.
Gives access to Gtuner's Device Monitor, this menu is available only in plugin mode.
• Open: Interacts with Gtuner to open the Device Monitor window.
• Close: Close the Device Monitor window, if it is opened.
Toggle between Esc or Ctrl+Esc as the shortcut key to leave Capture Mode.