Cr0nus Max, Titan ONE, BT dongle, Titan Two + BT module

Wiimote tutorials, configurations and GPC scripts (FPS like in Nintendo Wii/WiiU).

Moderator: OFC-Giorgio

Cr0nus Max, Titan ONE, BT dongle, Titan Two + BT module

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Last night call of duty black ops 4 arrived and today the Titan Two Bluetooth Module arrived :)

Initially I played the call of duty and battlefield games with the wiimote and nunchuk on the PS3 by loading my scripts into my Cr0nus Max devices and my Titan ONE device.

The configurations looked like this:

Wiimote+nunchuk ) ) ) ) bluetooth ) ) ) ) BT-dongle ==usb==> Cr0nus Max ==usb==> Playstation 3

and
Wiimote+nunchuk ) ) ) ) bluetooth ) ) ) ) BT-dongle ==usb==> Titan One ==usb==> Playstation 3

When I moved to the PS4 I ran into the PS4 authentication problem with disconnects every 8-10 minutes since the Playstation 4 console noticed that the Cr0nus Max device and Titan ONE device were not genuine Sony devices.

This was first solved partial by both devices with new firmware with auto disconnect/reconnect every 8 minutes or so.

Later this was fully solved for the Cr0nus Max device by new firmware (for version 3 and even one of my older version 2 devices) and the use of a small usb hub.

The configuration looked like this:

Wiimote+nunchuk ) ) ) ) bluetooth ) ) ) ) BT-dongle ==usb==> USB HUB ==usb==> Cr0nus Max ==usb==> Playstation 4
The PS4 controller is also connected via usb into the usb hub to solve the PS4 authentication problem. It can not be used as a controller: it is only used for authentication.

For me it was also (kind of) solved when the Titan Two device arrived. By combining the Titan Two device with a Cr0nus Max device or a Titan ONE device I could still use the CM/T1 compatible scripts and did not need to program a single line of code for the Titan Two device.

The configuration looked like this:

Wiimote+nunchuk ) ) ) ) bluetooth ) ) ) ) BT-dongle ==usb==> Titan One ==usb==> Titan Two ==usb==> Playstation 4
The PS4 controller is also connected via usb to the Titan Two device to solve the PS4 authentication problem. The PS4 controller does operate: all of it's buttons work at the same time with the wiimote controller.

In order words in my case: the call of duty script is used in the Titan One device and the powerful Titan Two device is only used to solve the authentication problem and to have the buttons of the PS4 controller available at the same time. Later I also added a foot pedal, so in total, I could use 3 devices at the same time!
:smile0202:

With the arrival of the Titan Two Bluetooth Module I aim (with wiimote :wink:) to have the following more simplified configuration:

Wiimote+nunchuk ) ) ) ) bluetooth ) ) ) ) Titan Two with BT-module ==usb==> Playstation 4
The PS4 controller is also connected via usb to the Titan Two device for authentication and offering a second controller next to the wiimote controller at the same time.

In order for this to work, I do need to convert my T1 scripts to T2 which will be a new journey for me.

The good news is:

I noticed that with the Titan Two Bluetooth Module the pairing of the Titan Two device and the wiimote controller goes smoothly, is activated via the little power button on the wiimote controller and is remembered the next time you connect. Great job J2Kbr! :smile0203:

The little power button is also used to.....power on and power off the wiimote controller. This is not possible with the Cr0nus Max device or Titan ONE device. :smile0203:

And now for the kicker:

One of the biggest advantage of the Titan Two Bluetooth Module is much more accuracy/range for the pointing with the wiimote controller.

The wiimote controller uses the built in infrared sensor to search the little led lights * * * * in the sensor bar and can detect 1 to 4 reference points.

The Cr0nus Max device and Titan ONE device use two reference points to calculate the IRX and IRY values. In case only one reference point is detected the devices consider this a no data / ir_of_screen state.

By adding some extra calculations, which the Titan TWO device can handle nicely, the IRX and IRY can be calculated even when there's only one reference point detected. Hence the accuracy/range of the wiimote controller can be made bigger!

:smile0202: :smile0202: :smile0202:

I implemented these calculations already on a PC in Visual Studio C# and a bluetooth stack that connected to the wiimote controller. So now let's see if I find the time to put them in my first Titan TWO script.

To be continued...
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Cr0nus Max, Titan ONE, BT dongle, Titan Two + BT module

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:16 pm

Also a big THANK YOU to J2Kbr for the X Y plotter in Gtuner (I had one in C# and asked him many times to put one in Gtuner)
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Cr0nus Max, Titan ONE, BT dongle, Titan Two + BT module

Postby WorldBreaker78 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:15 am

Great news ofc
WorldBreaker78
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Wiimote, Nunchuk and Sensorbar