Wiimote on nexus player

Wiimote tutorials, configurations and GPC scripts (FPS like in Nintendo Wii/WiiU).

Moderator: OFC-Giorgio

Wiimote on nexus player

Postby Mr Lachey » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi everyone,

I don't really like asking for help. But I really need some if someone has the time.

If possible could someone rewrite the wiimote script http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=467 for the COD bravo setings so that it is mapped for the Xbox 360 controller instead of the playstation?

Thanks
Mr Lachey
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Wiimote on nexus player

Postby AKHUGHES90 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:43 pm

Mr Lachey wrote:Hi everyone,

I don't really like asking for help. But I really need some if someone has the time.

If possible could someone rewrite the wiimote script http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=467 for the COD bravo setings so that it is mapped for the Xbox 360 controller instead of the playstation?

Thanks

The mappings are universal. It would work with any console whether its scripted XB1 or PS4.
"We always start with completing the difficult. It just takes us a little longer to do the impossible."
Console Tuner Support Team®
AKHUGHES90
Major
Major

Postby Mr Lachey » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:51 am

It won't work that way because I'm using it on android and the device doesn't identify itself.

My device works with xbox 360 mappings perfectly but I need to root and get an app to map for playstation controls.
Mr Lachey
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby AKHUGHES90 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:03 am

Mr Lachey wrote:It won't work that way because I'm using it on android and the device doesn't identify itself.

My device works with xbox 360 mappings perfectly but I need to root and get an app to map for playstation controls.

In Titan One scripts the definitions of buttons are universal and translated to a corresponding number as shown here, http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/i_o_functions.htm?mw=MjQw&st=MA==&sct=MA==&ms=AgAAAQ==

So the Titan One sends a number out to the device to identify the button regardless of whether is scripted to Xbox or PS. Every identifier in a number group is the same output from the Titan One to the device.
"We always start with completing the difficult. It just takes us a little longer to do the impossible."
AKHUGHES90
Major
Major

Postby Mr Lachey » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:26 am

Oh sorry, I must have gotten confused by this section of the code:

main
{
// Console support for PS3, PS4, XBOX360 and XBOX1
if(get_console() && get_console() != PIO_PS3)
{
// PS4, XBOX360 and XBOX1
swap(WII_B, WII_PLUS); // R1 <-> R2 swap buttons
swap(WII_Z, WII_RT); // L1 <-> L2 swap buttons
LETHAL_GRENADE = WII_B;
TACTICAL_GRENADE = WII_Z;
AIMING_DOWN_THE_SIGHTS = WII_RT;
}
else
{ // PS3
LETHAL_GRENADE = WII_PLUS;
TACTICAL_GRENADE = WII_RT;
AIMING_DOWN_THE_SIGHTS = WII_Z;
}

I assumed that the "if(get_console)" part was actually identifying the console through the console.

So.... I have my titan one connected to a usb hub and my Bluetooth dongle connected to the titan one. I have the wiimote paired to the dongle and the titan one is set to xbox360 by default. I have tried setting it to AUTOMATICALLY and ps3 and 4. All of them map the wiimote differently.

So.... Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Mr Lachey
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mr Lachey » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:43 am

After looking through the guide I'm pretty sure that the script is asking for the console to identify itself.

http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/misc_functions_and_constants.htm?q=Z2V0X2NvbnNvbGU=&mw=MjQw&st=MQ==&sct=MA==&ms=AgAAAQ==

I'm glad you pointed out the guide. I can probably get it to work on my own with a little reading :)
Mr Lachey
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby AKHUGHES90 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:08 am

Mr Lachey wrote:After looking through the guide I'm pretty sure that the script is asking for the console to identify itself.

http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/misc_functions_and_constants.htm?q=Z2V0X2NvbnNvbGU=&mw=MjQw&st=MQ==&sct=MA==&ms=AgAAAQ==

I'm glad you pointed out the guide. I can probably get it to work on my own with a little reading :)

It is asking the console to identify itself to know what the in game button mappings are for that console, then its defining what buttons to swap depending on which console responds. Nintendo has reversed A and B buttons from all other consoles as well so its also fixing that.
AKHUGHES90
Major
Major

Postby Mr Lachey » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:00 am

Ok, so now I'm pretty sure I can explain what I need.

But first, here is my setup from input to output to device:

1. Wiimote and nunchuck (official original version without motion plus) --> 2. USB Bluetooth dongle --> 3. Titan One --> 4. USB hub --> 5. USB OTG adapter --> 6. Nexus player (android tv device).

This setup works perfectly if I swap out 1 & 2 with a wireless xbox360 controller and the xbox wireless dongle. So the android device recognizes the key mappings of an xbox360 controller.

What I need is to adapt OFC-Giorgio's script for the cod wiimote bravo settings http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=467 so that it defaults to outputting as an xbox360 controller. Currently I believe it defaults to outputting as a playstation controller.

The script as written is absolutely brilliant imo. But because my device is not officially supported it wont identify itself to the Titan One.

So, is it as simple as changing the get_console part of the script? Or do I have to go through the whole thing and remove all references to the playstation mappings and replace them with the xbox360 mappings?

Thanks, and sorry for any confusion.
Mr Lachey
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby AKHUGHES90 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:03 pm

Mr Lachey wrote:Ok, so now I'm pretty sure I can explain what I need.

But first, here is my setup from input to output to device:

1. Wiimote and nunchuck (official original version without motion plus) --> 2. USB Bluetooth dongle --> 3. Titan One --> 4. USB hub --> 5. USB OTG adapter --> 6. Nexus player (android tv device).

This setup works perfectly if I swap out 1 & 2 with a wireless xbox360 controller and the xbox wireless dongle. So the android device recognizes the key mappings of an xbox360 controller.

What I need is to adapt OFC-Giorgio's script for the cod wiimote bravo settings http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=467 so that it defaults to outputting as an xbox360 controller. Currently I believe it defaults to outputting as a playstation controller.

The script as written is absolutely brilliant imo. But because my device is not officially supported it wont identify itself to the Titan One.

So, is it as simple as changing the get_console part of the script? Or do I have to go through the whole thing and remove all references to the playstation mappings and replace them with the xbox360 mappings?

Thanks, and sorry for any confusion.

I have never tried using Titan with a nexus player, but if it just needs the output to be Xbox 360 have you tried changing the output device from automatic to XB360 in gtuner? this will output all commands and controller inputs as if it was a 360 controller. Like i said the PS4_CROSS and similar mappings are the exact same as XB360_A, the get console part is just because the controller layouts are different for the various console, for instance PS4 fire button is R1/RB where xbox is RT/R2. Let me know if you tried this output method and if it solves your problem. If not, we may be able to set it to recognize your nexus player as a Xbox by making it the only option in the pack. :joia: :joia:
AKHUGHES90
Major
Major

Postby Mr Lachey » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:12 am

Yea, I tried changing the settings. It needs to be set to xbox360 for me to use an xbox controller but it doesn't work with the wiimote script. (the triggers don't work at all, and the buttons are all different). I also tried changing it to playstation 3 as an output but that didn't work either. (the scope was always on and the plus button was shoot). The good news is the movement feels goog so the script is working that way.

If you could make it so the xbox is the only option that would be awesome! But there is no rush because I wont be able to try it out for a couple days anyways, because I'm working some overtime this week.

Mr Lachey
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Return to Wiimote, Nunchuk and Sensorbar