Using HID analog stick gun instead of Wii remote?

Wiimote tutorials, configurations and GPC scripts (FPS like in Nintendo Wii/WiiU).

Moderator: OFC-Giorgio

Using HID analog stick gun instead of Wii remote?

Postby Zebra » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:25 pm

Hi

I just bought a Titan One and have plans to buy a Titan Two when they are back in stock somewhere. I wanted to ask about people's experiences with using a Titan to play Wii games on a Wii console with a PC HID analog controller instead of a Wii remote?

There seems to be plenty of adapters that let you use PS2 or PS3 controllers on a Wii instead of the Wii classic controller. What I want is to play Wii games that only work with the Wii remote, like Ghost Squad and House of the Dead, with one of my arcade guns instead.

I currently use a Sega Type 2 arcade gun from a House of the Dead 4 cab (with 10 sensors around the screen) on my PC using a UHID from Ultimarc. It shows up in Windows like a regular (absolute) analog HID joystick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB-n8Qe25Ww&t=1s

I also use a positional arcade gun with an Apac which also shows up as an analog joystick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Vdo_9FSx8&t=10s

Is it possible to use analog PC controllers like this on a Wii console for light gun games instead of a Wii remote using either a Titan One or a Titan Two? There is a few decent light gun games on the Wii but the Wii remote sucks. It would be great to use my more accurate arcade guns...
Zebra
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Using HID analog stick gun instead of Wii remote?

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:13 am

Welcome to our forums.

With the Titan Two you can emulate a Wii U Pro controller (not Wiimote). If the game supports the Wii U Pro, you can use the Titan Two to convert the input of any compatible controller, including regular PC HID devices, to play the game.

The Bluetooth protocol of Wii U Pro controller and Wiimote are very very similar (to not say almost the same). We can consider add Wiimote as output protocol in a future firmware release for the Titan Two.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Zebra » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:55 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Welcome to our forums.

With the Titan Two you can emulate a Wii U Pro controller (not Wiimote). If the game supports the Wii U Pro, you can use the Titan Two to convert the input of any compatible controller, including regular PC HID devices, to play the game.

The Bluetooth protocol of Wii U Pro controller and Wiimote are very very similar (to not say almost the same). We can consider add Wiimote as output protocol in a future firmware release for the Titan Two.

I doubt Wii "light gun* games would work With a Wii U pro controller as they don't work with the Wii classic controller or nunchuck. There are tons of cheaper adapters that allow PS2 or PS3 controllers to be used as Wii classic controllers. That's of no value to me. I guess it's back to old fashioned pad backs (or Wii remote hacks).

I guess I misunderstood the product info on your site. It lists controller compatibility which includes the Wii remote for both the Titan One and Titan Two but it doesn't state which way. I.e. That you can use a Wii remote on a PC or PS3 but not a PC or PS3 controller as a Wii remote on a Wii.

It's a shame. So many otherwise great games are ruined by forcing the use of the Wii remote or PS Move. The PC has the best and widest range of high quality and affordable controllers. Surely it makes more sense to focus on allowing us to use our PC controllers on consoles than finding more ways of using a Wii remote to move a mouse pointers....
Zebra
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:53 am

Zebra wrote:I guess I misunderstood the product info on your site. It lists controller compatibility which includes the Wii remote for both the Titan One and Titan Two but it doesn't state which way. I.e. That you can use a Wii remote on a PC or PS3 but not a PC or PS3 controller as a Wii remote on a Wii.

Correct, the Wiimote and extensions are supported on both the Titan One and Titan Two as input device (not as output emulation).
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Wiimote, Nunchuk and Sensorbar