Wiimote as a Wiimote on PC

Wiimote tutorials, configurations and GPC scripts (FPS like in Nintendo Wii/WiiU).

Moderator: OFC-Giorgio

Wiimote as a Wiimote on PC

Postby cuzz1369 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:00 am

Really hoping I am overlooking a setting somewhere but there doesn't appear to be an output option as a wiimote.

Here is the deal, I had a Bluetooth dongle with a modified driver so it read my PS3 controller as an Xbox controller for my PC gaming. Works great...not the problem. I recently installed dolphin emulator and aquired some wii motes, seeing some tutorials online before hand saying wii mote can easily be picked up by bluetooth dongles and used on PC w/Dolphin.

Problem was since I had a modified bluetooth driver the wii motes would not connect. I bought a Titan one for the sole purpose of being able to use both PS3 controller and Wii mote controllers on my PC.

Titan one works fine with the bluetooth dongle and I have no problems connecting either one of my controllers to the titan one.

Problem here is there is no output option to have my PC read the wiimote as a wiimote. Only "outputs" available are PS3, Xbox 360, ps4 and Xbone. Please tell me there is something I can do...

#BuyersRemorseJustOpenedTheBox
cuzz1369
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Wiimote as a Wiimote on PC

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Hi, The Wiimote protocol is not not possible over USB (only Bluetooth). The Titan One can only output using USB. What our device can do is convert the Wiimote inputs to the XB360 protocol, so it can be used on PC.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby cuzz1369 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:50 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Hi, The Wiimote protocol is not not possible over USB (only Bluetooth). The Titan One can only output using USB. What our device can do is convert the Wiimote inputs to the XB360 protocol, so it can be used on PC.

That's extremely disappointing, I understand the hardware limitation but all the documentation I read before purchase never said anything like that.
cuzz1369
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:14 pm

I'm sorry for you disappointing. The documentation is clear about the supported consoles, controllers, etc. If a device is not listed as supported, then the premise is that it is not supported.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby cuzz1369 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:08 pm

J2Kbr wrote:I'm sorry for you disappointing. The documentation is clear about the supported consoles, controllers, etc. If a device is not listed as supported, then the premise is that it is not supported.

The documentation is clear that a wii mote is compatible with a PC. Just not in this manner. Thank you for your time.
cuzz1369
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:49 pm

Could you please link the documentation you are referring? ("wii mote is compatible with a PC") If it is ambiguous I'll make sure to fix. Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby cuzz1369 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:49 am

J2Kbr wrote:Could you please link the documentation you are referring? ("wii mote is compatible with a PC") If it is ambiguous I'll make sure to fix. Thanks.

http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/usage ... s=AQAACA==

Nothing there leads me to believe that it would not function within the normal parameters of a wii mote. Nothing is mentioned under the limitations. I'm not trying to say you guys did anything under handed. I'm sure this is just some type of over sight. It never occurred to me that I can connect the wii mote to a PC with a BT dongle natively but would have a limitation to XB 360 output when used through the Titan. It seems odd that there is no type of pass-through that could be enabled. But learning more about this device and what it does makes it clear it was not exactly what I was looking for.
cuzz1369
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:48 am

thanks for sharing your thoughts. And again, I'm sorry the misunderstanding about the Titan One capabilities. I would be happy to add the Wii as output protocol, but -as explained above- it is not possible over USB.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby cuzz1369 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:55 pm

J2Kbr wrote:thanks for sharing your thoughts. And again, I'm sorry the misunderstanding about the Titan One capabilities. I would be happy to add the Wii as output protocol, but -as explained above- it is not possible over USB.

Turns out I have found a use for my Titan one. It works flawlessly on my android TV(nexus player) I've read in some other forums(XDA) that it works too. Just wondering why you don't mention any support for android.
cuzz1369
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:00 pm

You are right. It works with android devices (using OTG USB cable). I'll be updating the documentation to add this information. Thanks for your suggestion. :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Wiimote, Nunchuk and Sensorbar