Wiimote and PS3 Question

Wiimote tutorials, configurations and GPC scripts (FPS like in Nintendo Wii/WiiU).

Moderator: OFC-Giorgio

Wiimote and PS3 Question

Postby bisquick25 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:48 am

Hi,

Just bought a Guncon3 from Ebay and tried it out on my PS3. Turns out the gun is pretty useless, it is compatible with only one game disc Time Crisis Razing Storm. I was hoping to use it on HOTD4 and also some PS2 Classics I installed like the Point Blank series.

Just ordered a bluetooth dongle and waiting on it to arrive, think about using the Wiimote to play light gun games with.

So my question is, could the Wiimote be used to play digitally downloaded PS3 games like House of the Dead 4 and also PS2 Classics on the PS3? Will I be able to point the WiiMote to the screen to aim the crosshairs/reticle on traditional light-gun rail shooting games?

Thanks,
Ray
bisquick25
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Wiimote and PS3 Question

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:21 pm

You can use the wiimote to play any game on PS3, including the PS2 classics. However it does not works as a true pointer device, due the PS3 does not have a pointer input (X, Y). What the Titan One does is convert the coordinates X, Y to a analog stick position, for example, if you point the wiimote up, it will the same as pushing the analog stick up, therefore you need then center the wiimote to stop the movement.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Wiimote, Nunchuk and Sensorbar