How to use a headset when using a Wiimote with PS4

Wiimote tutorials, configurations and GPC scripts (FPS like in Nintendo Wii/WiiU).

Moderator: OFC-Giorgio

How to use a headset when using a Wiimote with PS4

Postby Gwb2709 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:36 pm

I am new to the forum and the information has been so helpful in getting set up. I just got my wiimote to work of Black Ops 3 and still needs some tweaking. The downloadable script has been in valuable while using the TitanOne.

My question is, How do you get a headset with mic to work while using the Wiimote? Where to you plug it in if you not using the PS4 controller and what type of headset will work.

I am on of the first of the ODB clan making a move to PS4 using a Wiimote. My id on the Wii Ghost online play is gwb2709(ODB1)

This are several more of the ODBs going to make the change over to PS4 because of lack of games on the WiiU. Trying to get things set up for our clan members.

Thanks for this great Support!
Gwb2709
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: How to use a headset when using a Wiimote with PS4

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Welcome to our forums. :)

Titan One does not support audio pass-thru. Therefore, any headset the needs to be connected on the controller will not work properly. However, you can use any wireless headset with Titan One. The recommended headset for PS4, to use with the Titan One, is the official PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explo ... o-headset/
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Gwb2709 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:20 pm

Thanks for quick response. I will look into it, one question , will I be able to chat also with the wireless setup?
With a clan , in multiplayer this is a must have.
Gwb2709
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:21 pm

yes, with the gold headset you will be able to chat normally. :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Gwb2709 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:50 pm

Thanks, I was just on the PlayStation website for the Gold headsets. I will be buying one. This will works out great, we have about 6 clan members who will be buying PS4's and Titan One dongles this month and more to come. Most of us are older guys and will only use the Wiimote in game play and now we can enjoy the new Call of Duty games. Thanks Again!
Gwb2709
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:15 pm

You are welcome! :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:48 pm

Gwb2709 wrote:Thanks, I was just on the PlayStation website for the Gold headsets. I will be buying one. This will works out great, we have about 6 clan members who will be buying PS4's and Titan One dongles this month and more to come. Most of us are older guys and will only use the Wiimote in game play and now we can enjoy the new Call of Duty games. Thanks Again!

Welcome to the old timer wiimote club :)

Also check: Battlefield 4!

After wii: cod waw, mwr, bo1, mw3
and wiiu: bo2, ghost

:)
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby riverrun » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:15 pm

Hello Wiimoters,

I'm also thinking to buy this Sony Gold Wireless headset to play with a Wiimote (through Titan One) on a PS3/PS4 but I'm a bit confused. So, I confirmed that this Sony headset is wireless but not bluetooth. Does this mean that Titan One will replace the Sony headset USB wireless adaptor and communicate with both the Wiimote (through USB bluetooth dongle) and the headset?
riverrun
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby The_Rabid_Taco » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:08 pm

No, I use the PS4 with an official PS4 headset, just not the gold I don't think. The PS4 headset will have a separate USB adapter that plugs in next to the Titan One. So the Titan One will handle the controller alone and the separate USB dongle they include with the headset will work completely separate to control the headset functionality. I can say they work seamlessly together and I've never had an issue using the two in conjunction.
The_Rabid_Taco
Major
Major

Return to Wiimote, Nunchuk and Sensorbar