So how good is wii mote on Xbox one?

Wiimote tutorials, configurations and GPC scripts (FPS like in Nintendo Wii/WiiU).

Moderator: OFC-Giorgio

So how good is wii mote on Xbox one?

Postby Frashbrang » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:53 am

Take 2 people with exactly the same skill level, one is using xbox one controller the other is using wii mote. Who has the advantage if any at all?

Trying to decide whether to go out and buy a wiimote and other requires peripherals.

Comments appreciated. Cheers
Frashbrang
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: So how good is wii mote on Xbox one?

Postby EliteKing » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:07 am

prolly as good as the wiimote is on the ps4.

playing CoD on wii/u with wiimote you are at 100% capacity... on ps4 or x1, i personally feel, that the wiimote capacity drops to 95% ish range. ive consistently held a 3kd from waw to BO2 from wii to U. on ps4, i have a 1.75 kd with the same playstyle. ...i also notice that most lobbies on ps4, everybody camps for whatever God awful reason. im a smash mouth rusher, i cant stay still for long, always gotta be on the move. check my vids for ps4/wiimote action from the link in my signature.
EliteKing
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby jerryatric » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:59 am

If it was me with controller wiimote player would win every time with wiimote ihave got a better chance of killing him
jerryatric
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Frashbrang » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:31 pm

Thanks for your replies, would you say aim assist has the same effect when using wiimote compared to Xbox one controller?
Frashbrang
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby EliteKing » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:11 pm

Frashbrang wrote:Thanks for your replies, would you say aim assist has the same effect when using wiimote compared to Xbox one controller?

yes. idk if you've played BO2 on wiiu, but the wiimotes had an ads snap. BO3 on ps4 feels like normal dualstick aim assist. its not snappy, but it will drag you from time to time.
EliteKing
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:07 pm

On ps3/ps4 it feels like 90% of the wiimote experience of the wii/wiiu. On the wii/wiiu the wiimote controls your gun sight while moving/viewing (rotating) is controlled separately (i.e. when your gun sight is going to the far left or right end of the screen your (camera) view starts to rotate. On the ps3/ps4 your eyes/view are the same same as your gun sight (i.e. you "shoot with your nose").

With the T1 and cod script the wiimote gun sight is mapped directly to right stick (view) so you lose the specific independence between gun sight and (camera) view that the wii/wiiu has. However I got very quickly used to it and of course the excitement of playing the new and old cods again helped a lot :)

With the wiimote (on the wii/wiiu) the player can point much more accurately at a target compared to dual sticks. Aim assist is used to make the dual sticks more "accurate".

Aim assist could actually harm the wiimote user since you do not want the console "assist"/"correct' you.

IMO: the mouse is the fastest device. Followed by the wiimote (on a wii/wiiu). However aim assist changes things:

On wii/wiiu (with native wiimote support): 1 mouse, 2 wiimote/dual sticks with aim assist, 3 dual sticks without aim assist.

On consoles without native wiimote support: 1 mouse, 2 dual sticks with aim assist, 3 wiimote, 4 dual sticks without aim assist.
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:03 am

I recently started up COD MW3 the old wii with the wiimote (only 228 people online) and noticed that I was totally not used any more to the independent look and shoot pointers. So one adjusts very quickly to the ps/xbox shooting with your "nose".
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby SwampYeti » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:15 pm

OFC-Giorgio wrote:I recently started COD MW3 the old wii with the wiimote (only 228 people online) and noticed that I was totally not used any more to the independent look and shoot pointers. So one adjusts very quickly to the ps/xbox shooting with your "nose".

I went back to the wii to catch up with some of my old mates, I found the wii mote unusable on the wii now. I like it so much better on the xbox than the wii now using a tweaked version of OFC Giorgio's script.
SwampYeti
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:29 am

I also played MW3 on the PS3 for a while and the wiimote feels much better on the PS3 than on the wii now.

I got bored of BO3 on PS4 so I tried MW1 to prepare for the MW remaster add on with the upcoming cod infinite (star)war(s)fare. In fact coming from the wii cod MWR (=MW1) and playing the same on PS3 is already a huge remastered version :) Unfortunately on MW1 @ PS3 99% of the games are hacked. Same for MW2 (which was never on the wii so a totally new cod for me). So I ended up playing MW3 for a while on the PS3 where many games are hacked or have hackers/cheaters in the game. I even got deranked to level 1 by a clown.
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:31 am

SwampYeti wrote:
I went back to the wii to catch up with some of my old mates, I found the wii mote unusable on the wii now. I like it so much better on the xbox than the wii now using a tweaked version of OFC Giorgio's script.

I wonder which changes you made?
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Next

Return to Wiimote, Nunchuk and Sensorbar