Questions about stickize

Wiimote tutorials, configurations and GPC scripts (FPS like in Nintendo Wii/WiiU).

Moderator: OFC-Giorgio

Questions about stickize

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:28 am

I've been analyzing a few Wii scripts and I notice a lot of coders don't bother using stickize, or have gone out of their way to comment it out when it was once there. Why is that? It seems to me this is essential in converting the Wii pointer (which is based on a TV - so it's rectangular) to an analogue stick circle? Is there something I'm not seeing?

Secondly in the documentation it states:

Code: Select all
<radius>     : the radius of the circle, as showed in the picture above. Allowed values range from 100 to 141. We suggest using 129 for PS3 and 113 for XBox 360

https://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/i_o_ ... m#stickize

What do you recommend for PS4 and XB1?
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Questions about stickize

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:16 am

You are right, it is a math transformation to make a square shape coordinate in a circle shape, basically bringing the corners to the center. In other words, reducing the sensitivity of the diagonals.

This was create for the first Battlefield Bad Company, to play with mouse. Worked very well for this game, but since then I had never used this feature any more, that is why I am not including on the Titan Two.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:16 am

J2Kbr wrote:You are right, it is a math transformation to make a square shape coordinate in a circle shape, basically bringing the corners to the center. In other words, reducing the sensitivity of the diagonals.

This was create for the first Battlefield Bad Company, to play with mouse. Worked very well for this game, but since then I had never used this feature any more, that is why I am not including on the Titan Two.

What I'm trying to figure out is why isn't anyone using it? Seems like it would be essential for Wii IR?
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:00 am

The wiimote sends the X and Y positions (range of x: 0...1023 and range of y: 0..767). These values are each 'normalized' so that the values sent to the console is between -1 and +1.
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Wiimote, Nunchuk and Sensorbar