Question from the COD forum: The Future of Wiimote FPS?

Wiimote tutorials, configurations and GPC scripts (FPS like in Nintendo Wii/WiiU).

Moderator: OFC-Giorgio

Question from the COD forum: The Future of Wiimote FPS?

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:00 pm

A question from the Activision call of duty ghosts forum:

I started playing Ghost again. 3 Weeks and counting.
The Online Numbers are sad and even MW3 and Black Ops on Wii pull better Numbers.
But i stay and enjoy. It was never about COD for me its all about the Wiimote Control.
That Option made me a FPS Lover in the first Place.
I like Nintendo but i would join any Console COD with at least the same Level of Motion Control
(and i dont want to heavy customize and jump hoops like for that Titan thing)

My answer:
I feel your pain The last years I searched the whole planet for wiimote support in FPS.

The Titan One dongle is just a usb dongle sitting between the console and the wiimote and translates the wiimote controls to ps/xbox controls.

I already published the translation script for COD and Battlefield so I went through a million of hoops (even before finding the Titan One at consoletuner . com) that you and other wiimote lovers don't have to go through.

After you installed the script in to your Titan One it stays in its memory so the "hoops" to play a game on PS3 or XBOX with the wiimote are:
- Turn on your gaming console and sensorbar
- Press the red sync button of your wiimote
- Press the button on the Titan One (to activate one of ten scripts that are stored in it)
- PLAY!

Reply:
i saw some videos but the pointer stays centered x.x nice idea but not exactly an alternate way for me.

My Reply:
Note that TreyArc has code running WITHIN the game and did a great job in implementing the wiimote support which is much more than just mapping the wiimote buttons to the dual stick controller buttons. They also programmed the camera view inside the game and they exposed a big number of parameters to the option screens.

The Titan One can only do the mapping and some calculations but can never have the control WITHIN the source code of a game.

In the beginning I was afraid that the centered pointer would be a total different experience than the wii(u) but for me it works fine (90% of the wiiu experience I would say) and I do not even notice that the pointer is centered anymore.

I am very happy with the Titan One (and my PS3; but PS4/XBOX/XBOXONE/PC works too) and it allows me to play all the old cod games I played on the wii (as well as the missing mw2 and advanced kangaroo jumping warfare), including the extra (full) maps, detailed graphics, a huge number of players, many software updates/patches, dlc, etc.

Besides cod I also fell in love with Battlefield 3+4 and there are tons of FPS and other games available that are not on the wii(u) (and unfortunately will never make it to the wiiu).
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Question from the COD forum: The Future of Wiimote FPS?

Postby ashep49017 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:46 am

Any thoughts on how to get Treyarch to release some code they used to program Ghost on the Wii U?
ashep49017
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Question from the COD forum: The Future of Wiimote FPS?

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:12 pm

ashep49017 wrote:Any thoughts on how to get Treyarch to release some code they used to program Ghost on the Wii U?

No clues here. My guess is that they will never release their source code.

So far I am shooting kangaroos in COD Advanced Warfare with the titan one and wiimote.
I even made my first (double jump) kangaroo jump myself lol
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Wiimote, Nunchuk and Sensorbar