SOLVED: Wiimote connection problems with PS4

Wiimote tutorials, configurations and GPC scripts (FPS like in Nintendo Wii/WiiU).

Moderator: OFC-Giorgio

Re: Wiimote connection problems with PS4 (part. solved)

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:13 am

Maybe you read already my posts:

01 Switching from wii(u) to console FPS wiimoting
02 Wiimote Setup guide

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=486
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=468

where you can see my long quest to get wiimoting on a non wii machine (pc and ps3) and successfully ended up wiimoting on a PS3 (but ps4/xbox360/xbox1/pc is possible too) with the Titan One.

For hardware you need the titan one and a little blue tooth adapter that you put in the titan one (n.b. the wiimote is a bluetooth device). You also need a sensorbar (so your wiimote knows it's bearings).

You need a PC only once to install a script (that handles the mapping of the wiimote's buttons to the PS4 buttons) into the Titan One. I published some wiimote scripts for call of duty and battlefield in the consolertuner titan one library. The Titan One can store 9 scripts in its memory.

In my titan one I have 4 scripts: battlefield 3, battlefield 4, call of duty general and call of duty AW (only change compared to cod general: different button for switching hybrid scopes). By pressing the button on the Titan One you switch scripts (the LED display will show the number of the active script: 1, 2, 3, 4 etc).

I don't see any hurt to your console by the titan one (changes are higher that you throw your wiimote through the window after a call of duty match full of lag and faster players than you :) ) since the titan one presents itself as a ps4 controller.

The exo kangaroo jumps etc can be made with the wiimote as well. In fact with the Titan One you can reassign the key layout to your own wishes. And going a little bit further to the gray area you can even make the required double tapping of the jump button for exo jumping into a single press of the button via a simple script change. You can even go to the DARK SIDE (which I don't prefer at all; I rather play fair) and automate more actions like dodging, rapid fire, anti recoil, etc.

The wiimote settings in the wii/wiiu made by Treyarch are IN GAME i.e. they for example can make the camera angle change within the game and they exposed a lot of sensitivity settings to the user menu screens.

These settings are not in the non wii/wiiu versions of the game so that is why to me wiimoting on the consoles with the Titan One makes me extremely happy but it is 90% of the wii/wiiu experience.

But I am thrilled with all the other games that are not on the wiiu (e.g. battlefield 4 is one of my biggest loves now).

Sheepdog320 wrote:I am a previous Wii u owner and switched to ps4 for advanced ware fare. I am struggling with da controls and would love to be able to use titan one and my trusty wiimote. I have a few questions, is titan one all I need to use the wiimote or is there other hardware I need to purchase? Is there any possibility using titan one will cancel my warranty or can it hurt my system? Will I still be able to use all the new exo suit capabilities with the wiimote? When using the wiimote on ps4 is it similar to wii ( sensitivity of controls and such). That is in advance for any replies!
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:14 am

P.S. I just had a look at the documentation and I figured out that the PS3 and PS4 key id's values are the same so my PS3 scripts should work on the PS4 also!
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Sheepdog320 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Lol at the name, thanks for the reply,is there a certain Bluetooth dongle I need to purchase or will any work? If someone could post a link to the one I need it would be awesome. I read ofc Giorgio's post about sensor bar, I'm a tad bit confused. I have my sensor bar from my original Wii, I also used it on wiiu. From what I can tell I need to modify the plug to be able to plug into a wall plug to power it. I can tell there has been a lot of work put in to be able to use the wiimote on the ps4 and I appreciate it.
Sheepdog320
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:19 pm

With regards to the bluetooth dongle: I have the Asus USB-BT400 and a BT that I ordered with the Titan One dongle from extrememods and both work fine. Maybe Support J2K can tune in on this one. Is there a compatibility list?

With regards to the sensorbar: You can use your wii/wiiu as a power source for the sensorbar but you have to make sure the wiiu won't go to sleep mode and stops the power for the sensorbar. You also have to make sure that your wiimote is NOT connecting to your wii instead of to the titan one. Hence my setup in which I hooked up the sensorbar to it's own powersource.

Thanks for the appreciation...if only loads of the old wiimoting cod players from the wii/wiiu come back and reunite on the ps3 or 4 (or xbox360/1) my mission is done and I am happy :)
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:46 am

P.S. You do need an original nintendo wiimote (both the old one and the new one with the motion plus work).
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: SOLVED PART. Wiimote connection problems with PS4

Postby ashep49017 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:47 am

j2k,

Any more updates to the reconnect problem every 10 mins?

BTW... Its more random sometimes its 2-3min especially right after starting the PS4 up and launching AW and sometimes 7-10 minutes apart. It does seem to come right when I dont need it to happen. Like during ADS in a gun fight. :-)
ashep49017
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: SOLVED PART. Wiimote connection problems with PS4

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:32 pm

yes, the time can vary, depending how often the PS4 makes the authentication requests.

As far as the final solution goes, I'm still working on the external module to address that.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:06 am

ashep49017 wrote:PS OFC Giorgio...sell the car.

I did not sell the car but I am on PS4 with BO3 now :) please pm your PSN ID :)
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: SOLVED: Wiimote connection problems with PS4

Postby MrSlaybury » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:29 am

Hello. For some reason, when I try to access the tab on device settings that will allow me to check the box for partial ps4 crossover, the entire tab's contents are grayed out and I cannot access it.

I'm a bit confused, I understand that the PS4 is searching for authentication from a controller every so often, and I know everyone is waiting for the Q1 2016 Titan One that will have two USB ports, but is there anything I can do now to play? I'm wondering if by keeping the Titan one connected to Gtuner constantly this is possible? Any ideas? Thanks!
MrSlaybury
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: SOLVED: Wiimote connection problems with PS4

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:41 am

MrSlaybury wrote:Hello. For some reason, when I try to access the tab on device settings that will allow me to check the box for partial ps4 crossover, the entire tab's contents are grayed out and I cannot access it.

I'm a bit confused, I understand that the PS4 is searching for authentication from a controller every so often, and I know everyone is waiting for the Q1 2016 Titan One that will have two USB ports, but is there anything I can do now to play? I'm wondering if by keeping the Titan one connected to Gtuner constantly this is possible? Any ideas? Thanks!

After I setup the Titan One via the usb prog cable to a PC once I only need the titan one dongle and the wiimote (so no PC needed) by having the "PS partial cross over support (auto reconnect every 10 minutes)" option enabled. See also topic 09 viewtopic.php?f=14&t=647&p=19163#p19163.

So no PS controller is needed at all. For now every 10 minutes you will notice a brief disconnect/reconnect (takes half a second).

With the new Titan device coming in 2016 Q1 you do need to hook the PS controller into the device and there will no disconnects at all.

Which version number of the firmware do you have?
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Wiimote, Nunchuk and Sensorbar