SOLVED: Wiimote connection problems with PS4

Wiimote tutorials, configurations and GPC scripts (FPS like in Nintendo Wii/WiiU).

Moderator: OFC-Giorgio

SOLVED: Wiimote connection problems with PS4

Postby ashep49017 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:25 am

Need help. I read through a couple of similar problems by others on the forum but these suggestions did not help.

1st setup: I have the titanone w/dongle plugged into the ps4 with the intent to use the wiimote. (Works fine on ps3 btw) but it won’t authenticate unless I physically plug the ps4 controller into the titanone. Once I do that I can’t get the wiimote to attach to the dongle after unplugging the ps4 controller.

2nd setup: plug titanone into the ps4 w/dongle and connect wiimote. Works for a few seconds until I need to authenticate. (Flashing A/U on titan one) Next I connect ps4 controller wirelessly to ps4 to authenticate. This work for a short while (3-5 min) until it stops supporting the titanone and wiimote is disabled. I try to reconnect but it won’t. I pull titan one and then reinsert.
After trying to reconnect wiimote, all leds just keep flashing. But it still works for a while. (3-5min) then goes offline. (A little weird but accurate)

3rd setup. A combination of the two above trying to get anything to work. Best case is a few minutes connected.

Is the Bluetooth in the ps4 controller interfering with the wiimote Bluetooth trying to connect? I tried to turn off the Bluetooth on my ps4 controller but of course I can’t authenticate. I tried keeping the ps4 controller plugged into the ps4 but this doesn't solve my problem.

Ok a lot said so I hoping I’m not the first using the wiimote on the ps4. LOL.

On the good side when I can get the wiimote working it works pretty well for a few minutes in Advance Warfare.

PS. I notice on the competitor’s product he says the wiimote is not compatible with the ps4. Similar issues maybe.

Thanks ahead of time.
ashep49017
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Wiimote connection problems with PS4

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:32 am

Hi, Try enable the "PS4 Partial Crossover Feature". This option is under the tab "Titan One", in the Options window
(Tools -> Options ...). It forces the Titan One to auto-reconnect on PS4 every 10 minutes, resetting the PS4 authentication timeout and making the PS4 crossover possible. The reconnection procedure takes less than one second.

PS.: Controller MAX are pirates, not a competitor. Please refer to this page for a full information about it.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Support J2K wrote:Hi, Try enable the "PS4 Partial Crossover Feature".

Does the bluetooth adapter connects to the wiimote only or also at the same time to the wireless ds4 controller for authentication? Or do you need to connect the ds4 controller via bluetooth or usb to your pc?

P.S. I am on a PS3 but would like to know the details for PS4 (for possible purchase in the future) and my old wiimote friends who are all on PS4.
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:40 pm

No, the Bluetooth connection is limited to only one controller.

My suggestion is to use the "PS4 Partial Crossover Feature", so the DS4 is not needed.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:10 pm

Cool so I have the PS3 + wiimote working nicely and I am very happy with it but since the Titan dongle now also supports partial PS4 authentication i.e. no pc needed (only every 10 minute a disconnect/autoreconnect for less than a second) I am even tempted to go PS4 + wiimote (although I have to bribe Santa Claus or Sinterklaas or sell my car)
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Wiimote connection problems with PS4 (part. solved)

Postby ashep49017 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:03 am

J2K was spot on. The PS4 Crossover feature solved the problem. Although I still have the new inconvenience that every 10mins the PS4 authentication kicking in and it backs me out for sec and then I add myself back in.(ie hitting the option button) I have gotten use to it but once and while it gets me killed. Small price to pay to Wiimote with nunchuk. Overall, its worth switching to a next gen console with the titan one. The graphics and sound effects are much better in my opinion. Once I took at look at the graphics I couldnt go back and bear to play AW on PS3. ;-)

PS OFC Giorgio...sell the car.
ashep49017
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:00 am

ashep49017 wrote:The graphics and sound effects are much better in my opinion. Once I took at look at the graphics I couldnt go back and bear to play AW on PS3. ;-)

Hey man I come from an atari, commodore 64 and wii. The wiiu was already gorgeous and now the PS3 graphics are beautiful for me.

So the PS4 grass is even more green?

ashep49017 wrote:PS OFC Giorgio...sell the car.

I am negotiating with Sinterklaas :p
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby ashep49017 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:30 am

The PS4 juice is worth the squeeze. I should have come over when the console came out. I still love Madden and little big planet 3 is coming out. Time for me and the kids to play.
ashep49017
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Sheepdog320 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:57 pm

I am a previous Wii u owner and switched to ps4 for advanced ware fare. I am struggling with da controls and would love to be able to use titan one and my trusty wiimote. I have a few questions, is titan one all I need to use the wiimote or is there other hardware I need to purchase? Is there any possibility using titan one will cancel my warranty or can it hurt my system? Will I still be able to use all the new exo suit capabilities with the wiimote? When using the wiimote on ps4 is it similar to wii ( sensitivity of controls and such). That is in advance for any replies!
Sheepdog320
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby ashep49017 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:14 am

First, correct the issue with your name. :-) (I go by Shep-dog, Ashep49017, or shep on line)

So, I have been using the wiimote on PS4 since AW launch. It took about a week to get back to playing to how I played on CoD Ghost on the WII-U. Since the wiimote will not perform exactly the same as when on WII-U there takes some time to update your game play. It took about a month to tweak the Titan One script before I had one I was comfortable with using.(I original used it on the PS3 with no problems) As far as warranty, Its no different than a wireless headset dongle. I can imagine there being any problems with using it on the PS4.( I hope I dont find out the hard-way).

I have a custom script based on OFC-Giorgio and wiimote fuzzy scripts posted in consoletuner.com. If I ever get it cleaned up I will post but again its very customized for how I play since CoD World at War on the wii.

But if you need help both OFC-Giorgio, J2K, and other on the Forum will help with any problems you have. Just be patient when you get your Titan-One and you will back to wiimoting in no time.
ashep49017
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Next

Return to Wiimote, Nunchuk and Sensorbar