T2:Wiimote connection instructions?

Wiimote tutorials, configurations and GPC scripts (FPS like in Nintendo Wii/WiiU).

Moderator: OFC-Giorgio

T2:Wiimote connection instructions?

Postby TopSteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi, I just got my Bluetooth module for my Titan Two in the mail today.
After perusing through the this board and the Titan Two specific board, I don't see any articles explaining how to connect a Wiimote to the Titan Two's Bluetooth module.

Furthermore, in the GTuner IV's Online Resource tab, there are no results for any search terms like "wii" "wiiu" "wiimote" or "wiiremote".

There are some Splatoon scripts under "nintendo" but nothing for the Wii for me to base a new script for the Wii Remote off of. I wonder if it's because GTuner IV is only set to look for Titan 2 scripts, and it can't browse for T1 scripts?

Can anybody please just make sticky post of how to sync a Wiimote with the Titan 2? :whistling:
(It is the device of the future, after all.) :smile0203:

Thank you in advance! :smile0510:
Looking forward to working on a Wii Remote version of my Lucky&Wild script this weekend! :smile0902:
Wheels: :smile0902:
Logitech G29 (released 2015) with Driving Force Shifter
Thrustmaster Ferrari Red Legend Edition (released 2013)
Logitech Driving Force (released 2002)
TopSteer
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: T2:Wiimote connection instructions?

Postby TopSteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:27 am

Oh...for :lipssealed:'s sake...
I knew I had seen the Pairing instructions somewhere before. :oops:

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index.php?id=t2:usage_guides:controllers:wii

Pairing Method A:
Press and hold the UP button on the Titan Two for 2.5 seconds to enter in pairing mode;
Within 20 seconds, press the sync button (RED) localized at the back of controller;
The LEDs on the controller will start flashing and after few seconds it should be paired with the Titan Two.
Pairing Method B:
Connect the Titan Two PROG port to the computer using the provided Micro-USB cable;
Open Gtuner IV, go to the Device Configuration pane and click the Pair Controller Wirelessly button;
Within 20 seconds, press the sync button (RED) localized at the back of controller;
The LEDs on the controller will start flashing and after few seconds it should be paired with the Titan Two.
Regular Usage
Press the power button on the controller to start wireless connection with the Titan Two.
1) , 2) The Bluetooth Module + Micro-SD Card Bundle is sold separately.

So now that I found it and answered my own question, maybe it can be made into a sticky? The module does not come with this in the printed instructions.
TopSteer
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:31 am

Glad you found the pairing instructions for the Wiimote. :)

I agree, we need find a way to make such information more visible.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby TopSteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Pairing Method A:
Press and hold the UP button on the Titan Two for 2.5 seconds to enter in pairing mode;

Is there supposed to be any way to tell when the Titan Two has entered pairing mode?
I tried holding the upbutton for 2.5 seconds, but neither the indicator light nor the digital display showed any activity.
I even have the Device Lightbar setting in Device Configuration set to "Bluetooth Module Status"

Still, I was able to get Pairing Method B to work :smile0517: , so it's not a major issue right now.
TopSteer
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:06 am

TopSteer wrote:Is there supposed to be any way to tell when the Titan Two has entered pairing mode?

While in pairing mode the device's display will show the horizontal segments going from bottom to top. This can be triggered by pressing and holding the UP button for 2.5 seconds. Once the pairing mode indication starts you can release the UP button.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Wiimote, Nunchuk and Sensorbar