Black Ops 4 rapidfire based on current weapon (just a query)

GCV scripting for Gtuner IV and Titan Two. Configuration, examples, questions.

Black Ops 4 rapidfire based on current weapon (just a query)

Postby TheBruhhh » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:37 am

So I've never used CV, but if this was something I could get set up I'd definitely have a go since I have a good PC and capture card already.

Black Ops 4 HUD from what I've read would be perfect for weapon detection. Both the name of the current weapon and an image of it display in the bottom right hand corner, the text plain white on a completely opaque black background.

How easy would it be for someone with no experience in coding CV like myself (and some extremely basic GPC scripting knowledge) to get a script on the go where rapidfire was turned on and off based on what weapon I'm currently using? Maybe also adding a different anti-recoil profile to each weapon individually as a bonus but the rapidfire is my primary concern.

Thanks for any advice, or if there was someone I could just pay to make it for me if I worked with them where necessary, I'd be totally up for that :smile0517:
Last edited by TheBruhhh on Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBruhhh
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: Black Ops 4 rapidfire based on current weapon (just a qu

Postby Tahsin » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:01 am

I'm not CV coder but i thing you can use Apex script and modify it to bo4 i have asked qustions but i thing there is no one ready to give us the info or even the basic detection
Tahsin
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby TheBruhhh » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:17 pm

Tahsin wrote:I'm not CV coder but i thing you can use Apex script and modify it to bo4 i have asked qustions but i thing there is no one ready to give us the info or even the basic detection

Apex from what I gather has been one of the go-to's in since the HUD elements are nice and distinguished and easy to read, and all this stuff is still pretty new and it's a current game that's good to experiment on. Other games may be worked on in time if their HUD layout is suitable. BO4 is very suitable as, like Apex, the HUD elements are very distinguished from everything else, though it's a few year old game and isn't current so I can't see a bunch of people working on it but I'd still love a guiding hand in getting something done with it.
TheBruhhh
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:47 pm

If you are just looking for simple rapid fire on/off (same timing for all weapons) its easly done with using a rapid fire script that enables rapid fire on a double tap. so you just have to fire twice and keep holding down and you have rapid fire on.
For full auto weapons just keep fire button pressed down and you shoot without rapid fire.

Without any experience in coding python/gpc/c/anything it is very hard to do something then simple edits of existing scripts.

with plain white text and fully opaque black background its a very good candidate for doing it the same way apex_antirecoi.py is done.
Thing to check first:
Do all game modes have the same hud layout and hud colors and weapon texts shown to be suitable for this approach ?
Without that you may end up requiring different scripts for different game modes.

The detection preparation is basically like this, doing it manually or having scripts helping with this:
getting a .png export via Gtuner CV from the games HUD of every available weapon.
get the text from the same position, same width/height for each .png exported and put them into a single list like apex_antirecoil.png is done.
for each position in the png file have an python list that maps to that weapons rapid fire and anti recoil setting.
When that weapon is detected send the matching data to the T2 script.
Its a lot of work.

Alternative way is trying text recognition software to read the weapons name and send the data..this save you from doing all the screenshots of the weapons but also requires preparation as you need to create a list of weapons names, check against what the reader reads and so one. But it is more load on the cpu in general.
The image approach is lighter most of the time but increases with the amount of weapons. where the ocr approach almost stays at the same load no matter how many weapons are used.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Gtuner Computer Vision