Magewell Pro Capture Card Compatibility [SOLVED]

GCV scripting for Gtuner IV and Titan Two. Configuration, examples, questions.

Magewell Pro Capture Card Compatibility [SOLVED]

Postby creedkiller » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:37 pm

I have the Magewell Pro Capture HDMI https://www.magewell.com/products/pro-capture-hdmi however I cant seem to get the Computer Vision tab in Gtuner IV to recognize/detect it. I can use the round-about method via OBS to get it working however if there is any process I can follow to get it recognized directly so that I don't need OBS that would indeed be much better, any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Last edited by creedkiller on Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Magewell Pro Capture Card Compatibility

Postby Scachi » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:26 pm

the capture card needs to be UVC compatible for direct support via gtuner iv.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby creedkiller » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:47 pm

Scachi wrote:the capture card needs to be UVC compatible for direct support via gtuner iv.

The U in UVC stands for USB right? Mine is a PCIE card. It seems standard enough, OBS picks it up with no issue. Skype picks it up as a webcam also with no issue.
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Scachi » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:57 pm

uvc protocol compatible doesn't mean it has to be an usb device as the Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro MK.2 works and the manufacturer page states it is uvc compatible.
Known working cards:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15147#p97358

If gtuner doesn't identify your card you can't use it directly in gtuner iv.
OBS is probably using some driver to identify it where gtuner only uses the uvc compatible access.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby creedkiller » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:36 pm

Scachi wrote:uvc protocol compatible doesn't mean it has to be an usb device as the Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro MK.2 works and the manufacturer page states it is uvc compatible.
Known working cards:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15147#p97358

If gtuner doesn't identify your card you can't use it directly in gtuner iv.
OBS is probably using some driver to identify it where gtuner only uses the uvc compatible access.

Thanks for the reply and info mate, good to know.

If however J2Kbr, there is anything I can do to help get my card directly recognized please let me know.
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby creedkiller » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:43 pm

J2Kbr wrote:I have the GC311 and it works. However, I use it to capture consoles. Did not yet test to capture PC, but should work just fine. Here is how I have this capture card configured on Gtuner IV:
The attachment GC311.png is no longer available
The quoted post from J2Kbr (found here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16710#p104997) was the clue I needed, I opened up skype to see what the name of my capture device appeared as, and it showed as "Video (00 Pro Capture HDMI)" so I then opened Gtuner and entered that same name:
2022-01-22_213654.jpg
2022-01-22_213654.jpg (109.09 KiB) Viewed 963 times
And now Gtuner picks it up directly, no OBS workaround required! :innocent_smile_1: hope this helps others who also have cards that automatic detection doesn't pick up
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Magewell Pro Capture Card Compatibility [SOLVED]

Postby Scachi » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:32 am

The name shouldn't matter.
starting obs first probably initiated the device correctly and now gtuner iv can access it via "Video Input Configuration: 0"
that number is what does the access to the device, not the name. you can name it what ever you like.
Have you tried a reboot of you pc and starting gtuner again without starting obs first if it still can access the capture device correctly ?
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Magewell Pro Capture Card Compatibility [SOLVED]

Postby creedkiller » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:21 pm

Scachi wrote:The name shouldn't matter.
starting obs first probably initiated the device correctly and now gtuner iv can access it via "Video Input Configuration: 0"
that number is what does the access to the device, not the name. you can name it what ever you like.
Have you tried a reboot of you pc and starting gtuner again without starting obs first if it still can access the capture device correctly ?

You are right, the number 0 all alone works! I did test it with the full name and without, both persists through reboots. Automatic detection doesnt detect though, if you were wondering that.
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Gtuner Computer Vision