NEW Overwatch(PS4) in game settings Vs MaxAim mouse settings

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

NEW Overwatch(PS4) in game settings Vs MaxAim mouse settings

Postby glacius » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:55 am

Today Blizzard introduced two new features for console players for in game settings.
They are: Aim Smoothing and Linear Ramp.
I am familiar with Smoothing as I have played around with it on the MaxAim plugin. Now the question is, do I match my smoothness setting (20) and apply it to the same smoothness for the console version?

Lastly I wanted to know what linear ramp does compared to my dual zone setting. I read elsewhere this:

"Basically, Blizzard have kind of screwed up this smoothing option because although it lets you reduce smoothing, it also — for some bizarre reason — increases acceleration. So if you set aim smoothing to 0 and use Linear Ramp, what you get is full speed all the time, and that's no good.

Linear ramp minimises the deadzone and flattens acceleration, as it should do. So that's your starting point.
Smoothing is actually the balance of smoothing vs acceleration. Other games treat these as separate things, but I guess Overwatch isn't. So that control is a balancing act. You're never going to get it perfect.

Now, with linear ramp and less smoothing, your sensitivity is going to feel too high. So be prepared to tone that down. Even if you keep smoothing at full, the nature of the linear ramp means that your sensitivity will feel too fast. Basically linear ramp is giving you more direct control, so whereas before your sensitivity 'masked' the terrible exponential ramp/dual zone sluggishness, now there's nothing to compensate for."

Can anyone else shed some light for these new settings?
glacius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: NEW Overwatch(PS4) in game settings Vs MaxAim mouse sett

Postby antithesis » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:08 am

Linear Ramp is complete turd for console m/kb. Exponential Ramp plus zero Smoothness is by far the best setting for Xim4. I'm not sure how that translates to MaxAim.

Smoothing is what causes the slow turn speed and velocity jump on console.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby TriggerHappy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:48 am

Today blizzard released a patch adding a new in game setting called aim ease in. This has negatively affected my max aim settings if anyone could recommend some new in game and max aim settings I would appreciate it.
TriggerHappy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:50 pm

This new setting "aim easy" can be turned off? if yes, it restore the aiming mechanics as previously?
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby TriggerHappy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:43 pm

Thanks, that cleared it up I just had to set aim ease in to zero. However I have recently ran into a new problem where my reticle will randomly drift without me moving my mouse. This could be because my laptop is old but if you have any trouble shooting ideas I would love to hear them.
TriggerHappy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:33 pm

you can try reduce the deadzone in the Mouse Settings to check if it helps with the unintentional drift movement.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby creedkiller » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:45 am

antithesis wrote:Linear Ramp is complete turd for console m/kb. Exponential Ramp plus zero Smoothness is by far the best setting for Xim4. I'm not sure how that translates to MaxAim.

Smoothing is what causes the slow turn speed and velocity jump on console.

sorry for the thread necrophilia, would love to know the rest of your overwatch in-game settings for your xim setup, namely the Aim Assist Strength and Aim Assist Window Size
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support