MJ FAME's T1 MaxAim Mouse Configs [MEGATHREAD]

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

Re: MJ FAME's T1 MaxAim Mouse Configs [MEGATHREAD]

Postby bonefisher » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:07 am

Great Work!!!!! :smile0517:
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby mjfame » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:51 am

bonefisher wrote:Great Work!!!!! :smile0517:

Likewise :smile0517:
Kolibri King | https://tinyurl.com/BF1KK

I take pride in the fact that I achieved this the honorable way. With an unmodded official XB1 controller.. Without the help of any other foreign device. Grind, well, spent.

mjfame
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby mdart83 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:45 am

Any chance you could do a Fortnite setting?
mdart83
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby mjfame » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:17 pm

mdart83 wrote:Any chance you could do a Fortnite setting?

it's on my to-do list.

i've been busy hashing out the bungie model over this last month. i've actually drastically improved on the configs that are currently up on this thread. the aim assist really does feel non-existent now and all negative acceleration has been corrected. free-aim and targeting just glides and it's so effortless. best of all you only need 2 profiles. 1 for 343i and another for BUNGiE.

i'll see what io can do about fortnite.

I take pride in the fact that I achieved this the honorable way. With an unmodded official XB1 controller.. Without the help of any other foreign device. Grind, well, spent.

mjfame
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby LE5BLOCK » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:43 pm

when can u do that division config
LE5BLOCK
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby mdart83 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:04 pm

mjfame wrote:
mdart83 wrote:Any chance you could do a Fortnite setting?

it's on my to-do list.

i've been busy hashing out the bungie model over this last month. i've actually drastically improved on the configs that are currently up on this thread. the aim assist really does feel non-existent now and all negative acceleration has been corrected. free-aim and targeting just glides and it's so effortless. best of all you only need 2 profiles. 1 for 343i and another for BUNGiE.

i'll see what io can do about fortnite.

Any other profile that you recommend trying out as i have titan one for almost 2 weeks now and it is frustrating :( i tried a few combination but can't get it right. I will also get XIM but the release date is still not known and want to make this usable till then.
mdart83
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby mjfame » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:45 pm

LE5BLOCK wrote:when can u do that division config

i'lll try and work it out tonight. i've got a new mouse and the calibration isn't the same so idk how helpful any of these really are for you guys but i will get to work on the division for you.

mjfame
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

STATUS ALERT:

Postby mjfame » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:23 am

STATUS ALERT:

Update frequency has been stalled due to recent hardware changes.. This, indirectly, led to me testing an adaptation of a well-documented method for achieving higher precision with PC games. Ultra-High DPI configured hardware plus ultra-low in-game sensitivity.

Why? Because raw mouse data should be the dominant factor and if you're mouse can properly handle a ridiculously high DPI resolution then this is the way to go. Since analog sticks are velocity-driven, it is the most precise way to emulate analog velocity. This, effectively, eliminates unpredictability & jerkiness (pixel-skipping) caused by -but not limited to- high sens multipliers , negative acceleration , incorrect deadzones etc..

Even if a mouse config using the traditional formula is 100% perfect, it will not perform as accurately or as smoothly. Breaks in performance become even more apparent with games that do not allow the user to disable aim-assist. By the way, when a game allows you to disable aim-assist, slowdown bubble around your target, typically, remains.

High DPI is better for handling velocity than lower DPI but I believe that our current approach of mapping hardware and MaxAim DPI to 1:1 is inferior to what I'm about to share with you.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------

My mouse is configured for 16,000DPI at the hardware-level:
MaxAim doesn't even go higher than 8k, lol.. but that is irrelevant for this purpose.
hw_settings.png
16kDPI
hw_settings.png (43.5 KiB) Viewed 10013 times

The beauty of this method is that one could, actually, just set in-game sens to MAX, the acceleration to 1.0, Sensitivity Multiplier to .001 & use correct deadzone values. Sensitivity scaling is performed via the Mouse DPI field. My mouse is configured for 16kDPI and that is where it will remain throughout the demonstration..

A MaxAim Mouse DPI of 1 would expect 1 DPI of resolution (1:1) from the mouse but it's really getting 16kDPI per 1 value (16k:1).

So, a MaxAim DPI of 1 is the most sensitive setting and would receive the highest resolution to use for analog emulation. The goal is to keep the acceleration slider at 1 and use the lowest possible sens multiplier in order to input the highest possible amount of raw mouse data into the analog stick emulation. You may still wish to tweak the acceleration slider however the adjustments will be minor (somewhere in the .8 - 1.0 range)

Your only limiting factor is the actual DPI that your hardware is capable off.. So, if your mouse can only output a max DPI of 4k then it is likely that you would need to manipulate the sens sliders to some degree.

Same game , 3 examples (Works properly with Aim Assist ON/OFF)

fig_1a.png
fig_1a.png (23.18 KiB) Viewed 10013 times

fig_1b.png
fig_1b.png (32.88 KiB) Viewed 10013 times

fig_1c.png
fig_1c.png (23.98 KiB) Viewed 10013 times

UPDATE:

This isn't the whole story however it should provide enough insight in order to use this approach when translating console games. This enables the user to tune a config in ways beyond the limitations in the traditional sense. Using multipliers on the positive side of the scale means that you'll be sacrificing translation accuracy but working from the negative side produces the opposite outcome. Liquid smooth output like smoothing on steroids and without the added latency.. and what I'm discovering is that it might be best to set your mouse DPI on the hardware side to it's maximum, set MaxAim DPI to 1 and then it's business as usual as you should then manipulate the acceleration and deadzone sliders, accordingly.

Check out this Halo config that I've been messing with over the last few hrs. Finally, I am able to get the acceleration cancelling much lower than possible using the regular translation method, freeing up the targeting friction to virtually zero without breaking auto-rotation. It seems to me that by using this method you should not need to use ADS compensation-type scripts, either. It's amazing.

HALO_test.png
HALO_test.png (69.72 KiB) Viewed 10003 times

https://youtu.be/1iX5vGCLBdg

HALO_testmatch01.jpg
HALO_testmatch01.jpg (124.34 KiB) Viewed 10003 times

Halo_test.png
halo test_config-v2
Halo_test.png (24.34 KiB) Viewed 9974 times

https://youtu.be/h9Lj3rw8_CQ

The quest for the perfect flick-shot through the aim-assist continues.. 343i Halo titles seem to be a great medium in order to determine if a config is slightly off. their titles don't seem to smooth the vertical and horizontal center axis. made a few adjustments on H4 & H2A then plugged the acceleration & sensitivity values into the Bungie configs. i've been reluctant to utilize smoothing to avoid added latency but the additional velocity smoothing would be beneficial in order to deal with sniping through the aim-assist bubble. considering the fact that my mouse DPI is set for 16k but MaxAim set for 1 i decided to give it a go. Threw up a value of 70 as a start-point. Video contains the results of the initial testing.

https://youtu.be/GVIYd7s-kNY

Flick-shot smoothing test.png
Flick-shot smoothing test.png (27.27 KiB) Viewed 9966 times

At this time, I'm uncertain as to when I will begin adding new configs. I urge you to experiment using this method, for now. I feel that you will be pleasantly surprised to find that this method of translation is a significantly easier and more forgiving process to work through.
Last edited by mjfame on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mjfame
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:01 pm

I really need incorporate to Maxaim DI everything I learned while implementing mouse support on the Titan Two.

The most important changes would be:

1) Replace the "stickize" with Diagonal Dampening; and
2) Make the deadzone independent from the other parameter.

Those changes would make your work in finding the best configs much easier.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby mjfame » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:05 am

J2Kbr wrote:I really need incorporate to Maxaim DI everything I learned while implementing mouse support on the Titan Two.

The most important changes would be:

1) Replace the "stickize" with Diagonal Dampening; and
2) Make the deadzone independent from the other parameter.

Those changes would make your work in finding the best configs much easier.

that would be great because i've never tested so many configs for any other game, lol.

mjfame
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support