Gtuner Air: the smartphone/tablet App for the Titan Two

Gtuner Air Mobile App general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: Gtuner Air: the smartphone/tablet App for the Titan Two

Postby hammer » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:44 pm

Squidward wrote:Why iOS first? I've heard it's easier and faster to publish on the Play Store than it is on the App Store.

Also, I play on Xbox. Will I need the T2 Bluetooth Module in order to use the app?

Yes, ofc you will need that module
hammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby AhmedEgg » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:18 pm

you should add support for wired connection, cause id like to edit my titan two with my phone quickly instead of having to power on my pc everytime just to download a script or edit one

like is it possible?
AhmedEgg
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby antithesis » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:27 pm

No, the mobile apps require BlueTooth. If you want a wired connection, use the PC or Mac app.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pablosscripts » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:40 am

Oh. My. God. How I've been waiting for this. I'm hyped!
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:57 am

Squidward wrote:Why iOS first? I've heard it's easier and faster to publish on the Play Store than it is on the App Store.

Also, I play on Xbox. Will I need the T2 Bluetooth Module in order to use the app?

I can explain this. I am in the process of releasing my own app on both stores so I have some perspective into the thought process.

Firstly, let's assume J2Kbr wants a simultaneous release. This was very important to me, because you don't want to go out there and promote your app with a big caveat "*oh but the other one isn't done yet..."

So under the assumption a simultaneous release is important, the reason you'll want to go with Apple first is because releasing something on the App Store is much harder. When I initiated the beta / Testflight program for my app, they were asking me...who is this for? What is the use case? Why was I using copyrighted placeholder images? I was floored - it's a BETA, who cares? And who cares if it literally doesn't even work, that's what beta's are for. But no it needed to be tested, verified and approved before I could even beta test it, let alone release it properly. Once I went to release it, it got rejected 4 times. Twice because of some serious bugs. Meanwhile, the Android version just got released in a buggy state. The Android one in contrast could have been filled with spyware or bugs and Google would have never known. The approvals process is lighting fast, so it's great for a developer, but terrible for consumers. Seeing the difference between the two stores has now made me paranoid about downloading apps from the Play Store now!

Anyway since Apple has higher standards you'll find yourself fixing and tweaking stuff, which you'll want to apply retroactively to your Android version. This is another reason to go iOS first.

So yeah, this is probably why iOS is first. It's a much more drawn out and lengthy process so if you want a simultaneous release you don't want to go Android first and then hit the Apple roadblock and wait god knows how long it might be.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Squidward » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:05 am

pablosscripts wrote:

I can explain this. I am in the process of releasing my own app on both stores so I have some perspective into the thought process.

Firstly, let's assume J2Kbr wants a simultaneous release. This was very important to me, because you don't want to go out there and promote your app with a big caveat "*oh but the other one isn't done yet..."

So under the assumption a simultaneous release is important, the reason you'll want to go with Apple first is because releasing something on the App Store is much harder. When I initiated the beta / Testflight program for my app, they were asking me...who is this for? What is the use case? Why was I using copyrighted placeholder images? I was floored - it's a BETA, who cares? And who cares if it literally doesn't even work, that's what beta's are for. But no it needed to be tested, verified and approved before I could even beta test it, let alone release it properly. Once I went to release it, it got rejected 4 times. Twice because of some serious bugs. Meanwhile, the Android version just got released in a buggy state. The Android one in contrast could have been filled with spyware or bugs and Google would have never known. The approvals process is lighting fast, so it's great for a developer, but terrible for consumers. Seeing the difference between the two stores has now made me paranoid about downloading apps from the Play Store now!

Anyway since Apple has higher standards you'll find yourself fixing and tweaking stuff, which you'll want to apply retroactively to your Android version. This is another reason to go iOS first.

So yeah, this is probably why iOS is first. It's a much more drawn out and lengthy process so if you want a simultaneous release you don't want to go Android first and then hit the Apple roadblock and wait god knows how long it might be.

Great explanation. I appreciate it.
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby pablosscripts » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:14 am

Ok after studying those screenshots I have a bunch of questions:

1) The "Save and Run" button seems to be in an awkward spot? Especially given how big phones are getting these days, it's literally in the furtherest spot from your thumb!

2) Does this support notification badges? It would be really cool if users could be notified when script updates are available.

3) Script config - I notice there's no way to restore defaults? When I'm playing around with scripts I will often tinker them like crazy and need to reset back to default at least a few times.

4) Is there a way to view what's in each slot? And also manage what's in each slot? Or does this app only allow you to configure what's in the currently loaded slot? I didn't see an interface with every slot in it so that kind of got me wondering.

5) Is there a way to make the "Device Control" screen your default view? It seems like Online Resources is the default view which I don't think is right, because once you've found your script you'll spend more time configuring rather than browsing.

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:05 pm

Thank you all for the nice comments.

@pablosscripts --
pablosscripts wrote:1) The "Save and Run" button seems to be in an awkward spot? Especially given how big phones are getting these days, it's literally in the furtherest spot from your thumb!

With the configuration interface opened the "Load and Run" button is placed at the top-left corner. However, from my experience using the App, while making the configurations naturally both hands are used, so the button placement is not a issue.

When no configuration is needed, the button is placed at the center of the screen, very easy to access with one hand:

pablosscripts wrote:2) Does this support notification badges? It would be really cool if users could be notified when script updates are available.

Not yet, we can consider this for a future update. :smile0517:

pablosscripts wrote:3) Script config - I notice there's no way to restore defaults? When I'm playing around with scripts I will often tinker them like crazy and need to reset back to default at least a few times.

Restore Defaults is available, the button can be accessed by scrolling the Configuration Interface up to the end.

pablosscripts wrote:4) Is there a way to view what's in each slot? And also manage what's in each slot? Or does this app only allow you to configure what's in the currently loaded slot? I didn't see an interface with every slot in it so that kind of got me wondering.

Is possible to navigate between the memory slots and see the meta information of the script that is running. However, the management of the Memory Slots is not part of this App. The Local Library works similarly as the memory slots, where you can have your scripts and configurations loaded and running with two taps. In addition to that, you can choose a memory slot number to store the last used script, so next time the device is used this memory slot can be loaded to continue playing the game without needing the App.

pablosscripts wrote:5) Is there a way to make the "Device Control" screen your default view? It seems like Online Resources is the default view which I don't think is right, because once you've found your script you'll spend more time configuring rather than browsing.

The Device Control screen can be accessed anytime by tapping the menu button at the top-right corner. :smile0517: The App also remembers what was the last panel opened, so it defaults to it on the next use.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Great thanks for the replies.

My only other piece of feedback would be (and this applies to the desktop app too) that I think it's time to rethink the "up vote" interface. Once you go beyond 10 it loses its meaning and it also takes up too much screen real estate. This is a quick mockup of an alternative view:

The current design of 13 / 2236 will be very confusing for new users. It makes it look like there's a quota of 2236 stock!

That being said mine is a mockup only, I probably wouldn't go with the down arrow to indicate number of downloads...this might be confused for a download button. I'm not sure what other iconography would work. But hopefully it gets my point across.

EDIT 1: also on the login page you forgot to add a link for users who don't have an account to sign up for one

EDIT 2: and you're missing spaces here:

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Baby Cham » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:54 pm

Great job Jeff! :smile0203:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
Baby Cham
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

PreviousNext