ELGATO HD60 ALL VERSIONS COMPUTER VISION SETUP TUTORIAL

GCV scripting for Gtuner IV and Titan Two. Configuration, examples, questions.

ELGATO HD60 ALL VERSIONS COMPUTER VISION SETUP TUTORIAL

Postby bmpt guard » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:37 pm

I had trouble setting up so I thought I would write a tutorial with pictures best way I can explain.
this might help out alot of people.

METHOD REQUIREMENTS:
Two displays (monitor and second monitor will be for Xbox or PS4 but will be used for PC too)
PC
Elgato HD60
Titan Two ( fully download and updated firmware )
| make sure to see pictures to check your progression in this tutorial |

step 1: open Gtuner IV, go to tools>preferences.
preferences to get to.png
preferences to get to.png (138.77 KiB) Viewed 8062 times

step 1a: now with preferences open click computer vision.
step 1b/1c: 1b Install web x86 64, as for 1c opencv click copy button on site and enter by right clicking in command prompt with admin rights (see cmd prompt picture).
cmd install opencv.png
cmd install opencv.png (52.49 KiB) Viewed 8062 times

follow picture if you need visual to install python and opencv
python download1.png
python download1.png (178.52 KiB) Viewed 8062 times

step 1d: browse to python folder found at this location in your pc just add your user over replace with your user C:\Users\replace with your user\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38

now monitor setup:
keep not what display is what main and second, just make sure you select the correct monitor for editing resolution.
right click on desktop> goto display settings
display settings.png
display settings.png (17.32 KiB) Viewed 8062 times

this is example console and pc monitor shared.
this is example main monitor seperate.

this is obs setup
please note when you folow picture and get to part to right click your obs picture to preview source in the shared monitor pc/console.

back to gtuner iv computer vision
in gtuner iv select at top view>computer vision.
in computer vision window
select and hold left mouse click on plus.
select display capture, then detect (make sure your selecting the shared monitor pc and console use.
resolution should already be set if not 1920x1080.
once its created just select it on left box
right box you dont need to select your gcv script, since when you load gcv example object detection from resources and it downloads and opens in ide just hit green play ide button it then sends to cv window.
note that you may need to add display to cv every time you reopen gtuner iv after closing.
also see picture below to assign folder for scripts if you havent.
browse to directory on your pc then hit the button next to refresh icon after you got your directory.

HUGE THANKS FOR READING MY TUTORIAL!!!
THANKS TO ALL WHO PUT INTO THIS COMMUNITY AND SUPPORT.
NORGE

quick video but not very detailed but should show how.
https://www.loom.com/share/ce0abe7218e24644abf9cb42f9a03ed1
Last edited by bmpt guard on Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bmpt guard
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: ELGATO HD60 ALL VERSIONS COMPUTER VISION SETUP TUTORIAL

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:33 am

Thank you Norge for this great tutorial and for taking time to make it. Truly appreciated. :)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby GamingScene » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:22 pm

Any video guide on this? Surely you don't need to computer monitors to get this to work? I see a lot of potential with this but I'm so confused on how to get it to work
GamingScene
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby bmpt guard » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:09 pm

GamingScene wrote:Any video guide on this? Surely you don't need to computer monitors to get this to work? I see a lot of potential with this but I'm so confused on how to get it to work

1 monitor and 1 tv or monitor for your console. i believe in tutorial i showed the monitor for console was shared with pc, just how i got it to work for those of us dont want to upgrade to 4k capture
bmpt guard
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby bmpt guard » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:08 pm

GamingScene wrote:Any video guide on this? Surely you don't need to computer monitors to get this to work? I see a lot of potential with this but I'm so confused on how to get it to work

just edited my post check the bottom of the first post to see video, its not detailed but just a quick show what to do. if you need further help let me know
bmpt guard
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby GrandpaMike » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:00 am

i got computer vision running on ps4 remote play just fine.. I was not excited about having to have another play station user logged in then switching to my main user to run my program.. and I was not excited about 15fps... the colors made me think about my age... so i bought a ELGATO HD60S + .. now i did a lot of researched and a lot of hemming and hawing but decided this was the one i needed.. I received it and thought this is simple in out and usb how could i screw that up... plugged it in and got a black screen :shocked: ... went to youtube.. (i hate you tubers that play music...ITS NOT MTV )

realized i needed to make a change to my playstation
you have to turn off the setting in the screen shot below..
HDCP.JPG
HDCP.JPG (117.39 KiB) Viewed 6488 times

if you went to the kitty site (el ... gato.. hehe) and downloaded the 4K utility and see your picture that is great
when you turn on gtuner you might get this error

GCV Error: [ WARN:0] global C:\Users\appveyor\AppData\Local\Temp\1\pip-req-build-kh7iq4w7\opencv\modules\videoio\src\cap_msmf.cpp (372) `anonymous-namespace'::SourceReaderCB::OnReadSample videoio(MSMF): OnReadSample() is called with error status: -2147024865
[ WARN:0] global C:\Users\appveyor\AppData\Local\Temp\1\pip-req-build-kh7iq4w7\opencv\modules\videoio\src\cap_msmf.cpp (384) `anonymous-namespace'::SourceReaderCB::OnReadSample videoio(MSMF): async ReadSample() call is failed with error status: -2147024865
[ WARN:1] global C:\Users\appveyor\AppData\Local\Temp\1\pip-req-build-kh7iq4w7\opencv\modules\videoio\src\cap_msmf.cpp (912) CvCapture_MSMF::grabFrame videoio(MSMF): can't grab frame. Error: -2147024865

That means you need to turn the gato utility OFF gtuner cannot capture the display if you are already using a display capture on the utility... 2 hours... later FML

you do not need a second monitor.. I can play the play station right through gtuner now at 6o fps
GrandpaMike
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Gtuner Computer Vision