[GCV/GPC] Apex Legends CV Anti-Recoil

GCV scripting for Gtuner IV and Titan Two. Configuration, examples, questions.

Re: [GCV/GPC] Apex Legends CV Anti-Recoil

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:47 am

vanish wrote:Lets say Im on firing range. R99 naked 20 bullet laser from close to long range I do 1 clip all dummies. Same weapon from close to long range but aiming to a wall my vertical recoil is so crazy its almost a line striaght down. So basically as soon I got aimassist kicking and target is not moving its a straight laser.

You are absolutely right. This happens due the aim assist. Unfortunately there is not way for the script to know when the game aims assist is activated or not. One solution is disable the game aim assist. Or, what I did is finetune the GCV script half way between dummies (aim assist) and blue targets (no aim assist) so one will slightly pull up and other slightly pull down which is super easy to compensate with the mouse.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:48 am

Shthappensbro wrote:
J2Kbr wrote:
ganassa wrote:Was there a fix for the xim vertical recoil stiffness in it?

Yes, it is the DEADZONE_SIZE config. :smile0517:

Hmm I'm still getting stiffness . Am I doin something wrong here ?? I tired deadzone 10.60 and 1.00 feels all the same on xim still stiffness

Are you using DATA_SET 1 or 2? The DEADZONE_SIZE only works with DATA_SET=1 and when using the official Gamepack (XIM -> Titan Two -> Console).
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby dan_94 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:56 am

J2Kbr wrote:
vanish wrote:Lets say Im on firing range. R99 naked 20 bullet laser from close to long range I do 1 clip all dummies. Same weapon from close to long range but aiming to a wall my vertical recoil is so crazy its almost a line striaght down. So basically as soon I got aimassist kicking and target is not moving its a straight laser.

You are absolutely right. This happens due the aim assist. Unfortunately there is not way for the script to know when the game aims assist is activated or not. One solution is disable the game aim assist. Or, what I did is finetune the GCV script half way between dummies (aim assist) and blue targets (no aim assist) so one will slightly pull up and other slightly pull down which is super easy to compensate with the mouse.

So could add the hit marker sign when hitting enemies, so if they appear, the script would know that you are hitting a target.
dan_94
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby GGsUK » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:07 am

There’s still something off
I’ve tried pretty much every deadzone in increments of 0.5 from 0 to 10, and it’s not quite right.
This AR is somehow fundamentally different from those by antithesis, Buffy, or aryanx, and I just don’t think it’s going to want to play nice with XIM

Essentially I can shoot at a non aim assist target with no interaction from me, it’s fine. Then an aim assist target with no interaction, it’s fine again.
But if I take it somewhere with no aim assist, and try to move it uniformly left and right while firing, it will automatically start stacking left and right inputs making it jumpy, as well as force it down even with no downward input involved. It makes tracking virtually impossible

This is persistent whether I have deadzone set anywhere from zero to ten
Here’s an example video https://imgur.com/gallery/S1eYSif
GGsUK
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby vanish » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:23 am

J2Kbr wrote:

That’s right,thanks. At least now I’m happy because I thought I did mess something up. So its all about finding SWEETPOINT. Let’s get it!
vanish
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:32 am

RobEngle93 wrote:Essentially I can shoot at a non aim assist target with no interaction from me, it’s fine. Then an aim assist target with no interaction, it’s fine again. But if I take it somewhere with no aim assist, and try to move it uniformly left and right while firing, it will automatically start stacking left and right inputs making it jumpy, as well as force it down even with no downward input involved. It makes tracking virtually impossible

Understood. Devotion have lot horizontal recoil. Does you also noticed same degree of difficult to track a target using, lets say, R99?

I have the mouse directly connected to the Titan Two and I can easily fire and track the moving blue targets with majority of weapons, but the Devotion is more challenging.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby vanish » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:33 am

RobEngle93 wrote:There’s still something off
I’ve tried pretty much every deadzone in increments of 0.5 from 0 to 10, and it’s not quite right.
This AR is somehow fundamentally different from those by antithesis, Buffy, or aryanx, and I just don’t think it’s going to want to play nice with XIM

Essentially I can shoot at a non aim assist target with no interaction from me, it’s fine. Then an aim assist target with no interaction, it’s fine again.
But if I take it somewhere with no aim assist, and try to move it uniformly left and right while firing, it will automatically start stacking left and right inputs making it jumpy, as well as force it down even with no downward input involved. It makes tracking virtually impossible

This is persistent whether I have deadzone set anywhere from zero to ten
Here’s an example video https://imgur.com/gallery/S1eYSif

I did face same issue while testing mouse > XIM. Did try couple of deadzone values. As soon I went close to zero it got very jumpy. If u are tired of testing try raw mouse input. I did test so many things lately and switched always back to raw mouse input which gives me best feeling overall.
vanish
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby GGsUK » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:41 am

J2Kbr wrote:
RobEngle93 wrote:Essentially I can shoot at a non aim assist target with no interaction from me, it’s fine. Then an aim assist target with no interaction, it’s fine again. But if I take it somewhere with no aim assist, and try to move it uniformly left and right while firing, it will automatically start stacking left and right inputs making it jumpy, as well as force it down even with no downward input involved. It makes tracking virtually impossible

Understood. Devotion have lot horizontal recoil. Does you also noticed same degree of difficult to track a target using, lets say, R99?

I have the mouse directly connected to the Titan Two and I can easily fire and track the moving blue targets with majority of weapons, but the Devotion is more challenging.

That’s actually a spitfire, sorry, the skin is a bit deceiving. The issue is there on all weapons, I just picked up the spitfire because it has a large enough magazine so that I can easily show someone what I’m talking about without them trying to catch a 1 second kind of thing with an r99 or something
GGsUK
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:16 pm

Thank you for the clarification. In my setup the Spitfire works very well, I can easily track the moving blue targets while firing.

I mentioned above to have tried the deadzone setting up to 10, please give few more tries with numbers above 10 (e.g 15).

When the anti-recoil script is running, its output values have already the deadzone compensation values included. What the DEADZONE_SIZE does is remove the deadzone compensation from the XIM output to keep only the actual movement.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Shthappensbro » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:17 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you for the clarification. In my setup the Spitfire works very well, I can easily track the moving blue targets while firing.

I mentioned above to have tried the deadzone setting up to 10, please give few more tries with numbers above 10 (e.g 15).

When the anti-recoil script is running, its output values have already the deadzone compensation values included. What the DEADZONE_SIZE does is remove the deadzone compensation from the XIM output to keep only the actual movement.

I found the problem didn't update the script my bad lol is there a way in the script can you make the strafing a justable? Like where I can make it smaller strafing? I think it strafing to wide
Shthappensbro
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner Computer Vision