How to make my own recoil-pattern?

GCV scripting for Gtuner IV and Titan Two. Configuration, examples, questions.

How to make my own recoil-pattern?

Postby Giga20 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi,

i use CV (Apex Legends) and now, in S6 there are some changed weapons and the old CV-Script didnt work good anymore (with some weapons).

The thing is, i use the enhanced look controlls in Apex Legends, in addition to that i have changed all sens of the Scopes individually...

Now i asked myself: How can i make recoil-pattern for every weapon to use in the CV-Script?
How does the "prozess" works of finding all that numbers that are defined there?

If there a software for that, or a other script that collects these data?

Thanks for helping!
Giga
Giga20
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: How to make my own recoil-pattern?

Postby Giga20 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:39 am

Nobody knows the answer?

The thing is, if you are using advanced look controls in Apex Legends (ingame), the patterns are slightly different to "standard-settings".

I would "build" my own patterns if i would know how to do it...
Giga20
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Scachi » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:57 am

I think J2kbr mentioned that he had used a computer vision script to collect the recoil pattern of the weapons.
Each one multiples times to get good values.
He hasn't released that script or more information about that script and I don't think it is that easy to use.
So you best chance is to wait for J2kbr to update the script for the new/changed weapons and keep the default settings the patterns/recoil data was created for/with.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby zvandross » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:41 am

I come up with a solution but it will take a lot of effort for trial-and-error.
You may use the Macro Editor to record your analog stick movement until you perform a better anti-recoil pattern.Then turn your Macro into a Combo and fine-tune your script to get better results.
zvandross
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:49 pm

In essence, what I did was CV script that first detects when the each bullet is fired (by analyzing the bullets counter at bottom-right corner), then keep tracking of the cross-hair position on the screen to determine the dx and dy movement between each fired bullet (this part runs at least 5 times, averaging the dx and dy values). After that, the script applies the obtained values to compensate the recoil and checks if any adjustments is needed, if yes, the values are updated according. This is the "self-learning" part, where most of the time is spend.

This process has lot of automation, but still requires user input for positioning the character, firing, as well as get more ammo when needed. Each weapon takes from 30min to 1:10min to complete.

As you can imagine, I've been receiving a lot of requests to share this script. Would not be fair release to one and not to the other, so I decided keep it private for now. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner Computer Vision