Negative mouse accelration in Last of Us

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

Negative mouse accelration in Last of Us

Postby tOwely » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:27 pm

So I just got my device.
And to get it working was no problem at all.
But the issue is that when i move my mouse fast in Last of Us remastered on PS4, I get a huge negative mouse acceleration.
Ive tried to change different things, but i just cant seem to find out what is wrong.

Im not sure if its the game, and that it maybe have something to do with the fact that its a third person game and not a first person game. And that it works much better in FPS games mainly.
Or if its just me doing something really wrong.
Or perhaps if this is just the way it is always, that you get a huge negative mouse acceleration if you move your mouse to fast?
Or maybe my PC settings are wrong some how, even tho they seem really fine in windows, with no mouse acceleration at all.

Please some one explain whats wrong :/
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Negative mouse accelration in Last of Us

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:52 pm

By negative mouse acceleration you mean the in-game speed slows down when you move the mouse fast?
I strongly believe we can correct it on the MaxAim mouse settings.

First step is find the correct deadzone. (if you didn't yet). And, of course, set the in-game sensitivity at maximum.

Then play just with the acceleration adjustment, until you get a linear movement. Don't worry with the speed right now, the speed you can adjust after, on the sensitivity controls.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby tOwely » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:41 pm

I have found the dead zone, and followed the guide for mouse settings.
And also tried user submitted settings for mouse. But even tho they are perfect for a mouse that is just 100dpi higher then mine, and I've adapted it to my mouse on dpi settings, I still get the same issue. I have no mouseaccelration in windows, and I've tried that out with a program that checks for it.

What is a good starting point for mouse acceleration and sensitivity to find a linear setting then?

And in some other thread i saw you wrote that "mouse acceleration is your sensitivity" or something like that, didn't really get what you meant by that, cos the mouse sensitivity slider is just like it would be on PC right?
And the mouse acceleration slider is for what it says, to counter the built in acceleration of the game?
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:23 am

zOlid wrote:What is a good starting point for mouse acceleration and sensitivity to find a linear setting then? And in some other thread i saw you wrote that "mouse acceleration is your sensitivity" or something like that, didn't really get what you meant by that, cos the mouse sensitivity slider is just like it would be on PC right?And the mouse acceleration slider is for what it says, to counter the built in acceleration of the game?

Totally correct. The mouse acceleration is to counter any in-game acceleration.

Set both the acceleration and sensitivity to 1. Then increase the acceleration counter the in-game "de-acceleration", until you notice the mouse movement is linear. Like, does not matter the speed you move the mouse, it should translate to a same distance in-game, if the mouse distance traveled is the same.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby tOwely » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:08 pm

Support J2K wrote:Totally correct. The mouse acceleration is to counter any in-game acceleration.

Set both the acceleration and sensitivity to 1. Then increase the acceleration counter the in-game "de-acceleration", until you notice the mouse movement is linear. Like, does not matter the speed you move the mouse, it should translate to a same distance in-game, if the mouse distance traveled is the same.

But most play with negative mouse accelration when i look at their settings. I tried this yesterday in Last of us. But ill try again now in BlackLight, since its a FPS

I tried with my other mouse. A Q-Pad 5K mouse.
With 5040dpi
Its still the exact same problem. The slower i move my mouse, the faster it spins.
Ive tried 3 games now, Blacklight, Last of Us and Warframe.

I just dont get what is wrong...
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby tOwely » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Support J2K wrote:Totally correct. The mouse acceleration is to counter any in-game acceleration.

So ive tried moving the mouse accelration slider the other way. And its the same issue.
This is how it is:
When i move slow: it moves slow.
When i move medium: it moves really fast.
When i move fast: it moves really slow instead.
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:17 pm

zOlid wrote:So ive tried moving the mouse accelration slider the other way. And its the same issue.
This is how it is:

Please check the LX and RX values on the Gtuner's Device Monitor. Open MaxAim and press F4, on the Device monitor click on LX and RX (output panel - green). Then enter in capture mode ... this will plot the values send to the console. To make sure the values do not goes down when you move the mouse fast.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby tOwely » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:57 pm

Support J2K wrote:
zOlid wrote:So ive tried moving the mouse accelration slider the other way. And its the same issue.
This is how it is:

Please check the LX and RX values on the Gtuner's Device Monitor. Open MaxAim and press F4, on the Device monitor click on LX and RX (output panel - green). Then enter in capture mode ... this will plot the values send to the console. To make sure the values do not goes down when you move the mouse fast.

Isee a green line going up and down.
Is the graph suppose to be totally like a straight line?
The graph is moving both above the middle line, and below it.
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby tOwely » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:27 pm

Support J2K wrote:Please check the LX and RX values on the Gtuner's Device Monitor. Open MaxAim and press F4, on the Device monitor click on LX and RX (output panel - green). Then enter in capture mode ... this will plot the values send to the console. To make sure the values do not goes down when you move the mouse fast.

Now ive even tried on my laptop, and its the same exact problem and the graphs look the same. Please help me, this really blows tbh :(
When i move the mouse to the left, no matter what speed the graph goes below the middle line, and when i move to the right it goes above it.
If i move a little bit fast it goes all the way to the top and bottom. (so outside the scale in other words)

Best way to describe it is:
When i move the mouse a set distance:
Slow: it moves 180 degrees.
Medium: it moves 360degrees.
Fast: 150degres.

None of those numbers are exact, but its to get an idea what im experienceing.
I Have tried multiple mouse acceleration fixes for windows. And i have none what so ever in windows according to some program that checks that.
I have Windows 8.1
And ive tried it on my laptop now also, but it still wont work as it should.
And ive used 2 different mice, both very good mice with 5000+dpi.
And ive dried running the mice in different polling rates. All from 125-1000.

PLEASE help me.

If some one can do a mouse config that they feel works for BlackLight, please post it.
Its a free FPS for PS4.
So i can test it out.
I have a 5040dpi mouse and a 5700dpi mouse.
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:38 am

zOlid wrote:Now ive even tried on my laptop, and its the same exact problem and the graphs look the same. Please help me, this really blows tbh :( When i move the mouse to the left, no matter what speed the graph goes below the middle line, and when i move to the right it goes above it. If i move a little bit fast it goes all the way to the top and bottom. (so outside the scale in other words)

This is the expected behavior, which is good.

[quote="zOlid"If some one can do a mouse config that they feel works for BlackLight, please post it. Its a free FPS for PS4.
So i can test it out. I have a 5040dpi mouse and a 5700dpi mouse.[/quote]
Do you have BF4? Attache you can find my MaxAim settings to play BF4 on PS4. Please try it.

I'll be downloading the BlackLight this night to test. I keep you posted.
Attachments
Battlefield 4 (PS4).glf
(7.5 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support