New to this, a question or 2 about Destiny's mouse settings

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

New to this, a question or 2 about Destiny's mouse settings

Postby Wupjak » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi everyone and thanks in advance.

I'm a semi-reformed PC gamer going all the way back to the Ghost Recon days and as such, mouse/keyboard is how I know how to play. I was so fired up to learn about the Titan One and so far it is (really really close to) living up to my expectations. I'm absolute rubbish with any gaming controller. Guess I'm officially an Old.

I bought a PS4 just to give Destiny a go.

I have a couple of small issues that I'm hoping the group can help with. I've managed to work up a usable layout and have downloaded a script that offsets the zoomed in desensitization of the mouse and that also makes the mouse feel pretty natural to me. I'm at work right now or I'd give the author credit for some excellent work.

Issue #1: Sluggish turning around using must the mouse. I've been in a couple of firefights where mobs get behind me and it feels as if it takes 3 or 4 long horizontal swipes with the mouse to get turned around. Very disorienting and, by the time I get turned around I'm down a bunch of health from that Thrall gnawing on my back. Is this just something I'll have to live with or is there a solution out there?

Issue #2: Zoomed in fine-tuning of aim. When I'm zoomed in and trying to nudge my aim to get a headshot, I find that the zoomed in adjustments to aim are really coarse. I'm using an old Logitech mouse that tops out at 1600 dpi. Could that be an issue or is it something else at work?

Sorry for the long post. As I said I'm very new to this but thankfully the hardware and software made getting up and running very simple. Now I'm just trying to get it a little more dialed in.
Wupjak
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: New to this, a question or 2 about Destiny's mouse setti

Postby Wupjak » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:43 am

Solved #1 by bumping up the 'look speed' in Destiny's settings. There are 10 settings, 1-10. Default is 3, I moved it to 6 and the mouse feel is much better.

Looks like I'm pretty much set.
Wupjak
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:35 am

Very nice you got #1 solved. Regarding Issue #2, based in your description, looks like your Deadzone settings are too high, or the deadzone shape is wrong (circle/square).
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Wupjak » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:59 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll take a look at that. Much appreciated.
Wupjak
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support