Titan Two mobile app - prototype

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: Titan Two mobile app - prototype

Postby pablosscripts » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:34 am

Naoki95957 wrote:I appreciate the extra 5 sentences of response you gave me this time.

Well, I didn't have anything to add. He's already built the whole ecosystem around QT so it's kind of pointless exploring other technologies at this point. So as I said, I had nothing further to comment.

I've already mentioned my thoughts earlier in this thread so I didn't want to repeat them, but here goes:

Gtuner IV is a beast. It's deep, feature rich, complicated...and incredibly daunting for the average Joe Gamer. So in my opinion the mobile app should be the polar opposite of this - it should be task oriented, simple, and dumbed down. I work in IT...yet even I held off from buying a Titan One many years ago because I saw the Gtuner app and thought holy crap, this is too complicated, I just want to plug and play like a XIM (on a side note, I believe simplicity is one of the key reasons why XIM is by far the market leader in the soft-mod market). If I opened an app and saw it had a million options and was as deep as the ocean, I'd be scared away too.

Everyone here is entitled to their opinions, and my replies to you were short because I didn't want to reiterate what I've already said in this thread cause it then gets kind of boring. Sorry if that came across as dismissive.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Buffy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:58 pm

pablosscripts wrote:
Naoki95957 wrote:I appreciate the extra 5 sentences of response you gave me this time.

Well, I didn't have anything to add. He's already built the whole ecosystem around QT so it's kind of pointless exploring other technologies at this point. So as I said, I had nothing further to comment.

I've already mentioned my thoughts earlier in this thread so I didn't want to repeat them, but here goes:

Gtuner IV is a beast. It's deep, feature rich, complicated...and incredibly daunting for the average Joe Gamer. So in my opinion the mobile app should be the polar opposite of this - it should be task oriented, simple, and dumbed down. I work in IT...yet even I held off from buying a Titan One many years ago because I saw the Gtuner app and thought holy crap, this is too complicated, I just want to plug and play like a XIM (on a side note, I believe simplicity is one of the key reasons why XIM is by far the market leader in the soft-mod market). If I opened an app and saw it had a million options and was as deep as the ocean, I'd be scared away too.

Everyone here is entitled to their opinions, and my replies to you were short because I didn't want to reiterate what I've already said in this thread cause it then gets kind of boring. Sorry if that came across as dismissive.

One thing the T2 could do to compete with the XIM would be to port all the current XIM configs over to T2 translators. I asked a friend for his XIM4 config for a game (he gave me all the coordinates for the curve he used), and it worked perfectly on the T2.

In a way, this would be "stealing" from the XIM, but we could further this by pushing scripts with the input translators to make the games even more PC-like.

Another thing, currently Gtuner just displays a big list of scripts and resources in the Online Resources tab. It'd probably be more convenient if it was all sorted "By Game" in the Tab. This would also reduce the number of questions people ask whether or not a game has any scripts/files.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || Discord || Custom Scripts
Buffy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Naoki95957 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:27 pm

Buffy wrote:It'd probably be more convenient if it was all sorted "By Game" in the Tab. This would also reduce the number of questions people ask whether or not a game has any scripts/files.

I think in this vane there is potential to have a script/game request. This would help take 2 birds with 1 stone. People who don't want to script or don't know how may still get what they are looking for either by game or requested for a game. This website oddly has ranks for users and may be a great way to compete constructively with each other. This ideally wouldn't require anymore complication than making a post as we are now.
Naoki95957
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Naoki95957 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:39 pm

pablosscripts wrote:

It's fine, I don't believe that there was any wrong doing in how that went. I'm only seeking improvement. If anything there wouldn't be any harm in making more apps.
Naoki95957
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Walkative » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:49 pm

The only thing that's keeping me from getting Titan 2 is that I'd need a PC in order to set up the macros and stuff but I don't have access to one. Android release of the app hopefully allows to use just your android to set it up. Once the app releases, I'll definitely be buying the titan 2.
Walkative
Private
Private

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:32 am

Walkative wrote:The only thing that's keeping me from getting Titan 2 is that I'd need a PC in order to set up the macros and stuff but I don't have access to one. Android release of the app hopefully allows to use just your android to set it up. Once the app releases, I'll definitely be buying the titan 2.

Gtuner IV is also available for Mac. :smile0517:

https://www.consoletuner.com/titan-two-downloads/

Thank you for your interest on the Titan Two. I am dedicating most of my time to the app development.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Entropy512 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:21 am

J2Kbr wrote:
Walkative wrote:The only thing that's keeping me from getting Titan 2 is that I'd need a PC in order to set up the macros and stuff but I don't have access to one. Android release of the app hopefully allows to use just your android to set it up. Once the app releases, I'll definitely be buying the titan 2.

Gtuner IV is also available for Mac. :smile0517:

https://www.consoletuner.com/titan-two-downloads/

Thank you for your interest on the Titan Two. I am dedicating most of my time to the app development.

In addition, with recent versions of Wine, it works well under WINE on Linux machines.

One question I did have is: How resilient is your updater/bootloader setup? Does the T2 have an independent bootloader that is rarely if ever written? e.g. if someone tried something crazy (such as doing a T2 firmware update from GTuner running under WINE) and it failed - what are the recovery scenarios/approaches?

Currently I am comfortable changing scripts and loading them via GTuner in WINE - but have not been adventurous enough to do a firmware update yet. This is one of the few reasons I would have any desire for a mobile app.
--------
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1935

The TL;DR - Do not private message me unless your question HAS to be private, please ask questions in a public location. I will not answer PMs that contain non-private questions.
Entropy512
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:50 am

Entropy512 wrote:In addition, with recent versions of Wine, it works well under WINE on Linux machines.

Nice!! :joia: :joia: thanks for let me know.

Entropy512 wrote:One question I did have is: How resilient is your updater/bootloader setup? Does the T2 have an independent bootloader that is rarely if ever written? e.g. if someone tried something crazy (such as doing a T2 firmware update from GTuner running under WINE) and it failed - what are the recovery scenarios/approaches? Currently I am comfortable changing scripts and loading them via GTuner in WINE - but have not been adventurous enough to do a firmware update yet. This is one of the few reasons I would have any desire for a mobile app.

The bootloader is independent and you should be able to recover the device if something goes wrong during the firmware update. In this case, before power up the Titan Two, press and hold both buttons and then connect it to your computer. The device should enter in programming mode (bootloader), showing P on the display, allowing redo the firmware update on Gtuner IV.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby bluedevil » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:31 pm

has there been any further development on this App? when (if at all) will it be released? and how will it be done? still through the link to proto.io that was posted before? sorry for all the rapid fire questions. love the device and love how active the forums are, even more. thanks!
bluedevil
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:59 am

for the past weeks I didn't have time to work on the app project. However, significant progress were made so far. I should be back to this soon.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner IV Support