Driving Force GT problems

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

Driving Force GT problems

Postby H.Kojima83 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi, i buy Titan One and usit it with Driveclub and PS4.
I configured it with DFGT and Max Aim DI.
At the first time i think it works very well, but after few hours of gaming i noticed there are some problems. I try to explain.
It seems the Dead Zone of the wheel is too high (i set it to 0 in Max Aim DI menu but the problem is not solved) and car not responds promtly.
The pedals instead are not "sensitive" like Dualshock's trigger. It seems like the triggers accelerate and brake from 0 to 100% and the pedals of DFGT from 0 to 85/90%... I don't know the reasons.
The result of this problems is a complete inability to compete using the steering wheel.
I try a time trial race and with my steering wheel i lose more than 30 seconds against the Dualshock.
Why this? What is wrong with my configuration?

Another problem: why in Direct input menu "Force Feedback" is gray and i can't activate it?
Sorry for my english, help me please... :(
H.Kojima83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Driving Force GT problems

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:02 am

H.Kojima83 wrote:It seems the Dead Zone of the wheel is too high (i set it to 0 in Max Aim DI menu but the problem is not solved) and car not responds promtly.

The game also has a deadzone that you need get hid of ... the only way to do that is loading a GPC script into MaxAim DI. Here is a example for Forza 5 (I don't have Drive Club to test the deadzone).

Code: Select all
define GAME_DEADZONE = 23;

main {
    if(abs(get_val(PS4_LX)) <= 1) set_val(PS4_LX, 0);
    deadzone(PS4_LX, PS4_LY, GAME_DEADZONE, 0);
}

You can change the value 23 to increase or decrease the deadzone!

To load a GPC Script into a MaxAim DI Layout:

(1) On Gtuner, create a empty file (menu File -> New -> Empty File or Ctrl+N)
(2) Copy and paste the script on Gtuner's compiler editor.
(3) Open MaxAim DI.
(4) In the MaxAim menu, click on "Layout Option -> Load GPC Script", or Ctrl+G

H.Kojima83 wrote:The pedals instead are not "sensitive" like Dualshock's trigger. It seems like the triggers accelerate and brake from 0 to 100% and the pedals of DFGT from 0 to 85/90%... I don't know the reasons.

Please check on the Gtuner's Device monitor how the pedals are reacting (fields XB1_LS and XB1_RS). With MaxAim DI running, press F4, it should open the Device Monitor. Please let me know if you can see the value going from 0 to 100 as you press the pedals.

If not, export your MaxAim layout and post in this topic, so I can check if the configurations were correct.

H.Kojima83 wrote:Another problem: why in Direct input menu "Force Feedback" is gray and i can't activate it?

The FFB is not yet available for Direct Input controllers (only for XInput).
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby H.Kojima83 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:50 pm

Hello!
I want you to know that i made some testing while waiting your answer and i discovered how to resolve any problem.
Simply load the Official Logitech drivers of DFGT in GTuner and MaxAim DI and now all seems to work fine.
Sorry but i really don't know it can be possible,i'm a beginner user and every day i discover new functions of this fantastic device. :joia:

Can i ask you something else?
In your answer i don't understand what is Xinput?
Which are the diffenrences about Xinput and Direct Input?
Can i use DFGT with Xinput?
In a future update FFback will be implemented in Direct Input?

Another separate question... Can i run MaxAim DI like a stand alone program without opening GTuner?
Sorry if i bored you with my basic questions.... :ashamed:
H.Kojima83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:18 am

H.Kojima83 wrote:In your answer i don't understand what is Xinput? Which are the diffenrences about Xinput and Direct Input? Can i use DFGT with Xinput?

Both DirectInput and XInput are APIs to access controllers. DirectInput is older and much more flexible, XIpunt only works with Xbox compatible controllers. The answer for you second question is no, the GFGT can't be used with XInput.

H.Kojima83 wrote:In a future update FFback will be implemented in Direct Input?

Sure, this is something that we will be releasing soon, with a MaxAim DI update.

H.Kojima83 wrote:Can i run MaxAim DI like a stand alone program without opening GTuner?

Yes you can, download the standalone version from here. Unzip and place the files in the same folder of MaxAimDI.dll; The folder is the "Working Dir" shown in the output area of the GPC Compiler panel, right after Gtuner is launched.

H.Kojima83 wrote:Sorry if i bored you with my basic questions.... :ashamed:

No need to be sorry!! :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby comicbookjerk » Sun May 14, 2017 6:49 am

I noticed this thread was kinda old but I notieced the force feedback is still greyed out...Any word on releasing an update with Force Feedback?
comicbookjerk
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Tue May 16, 2017 10:46 pm

Please subscribe to this post:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1480

I will update there when the ffb is available. Thanks :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support