Xbox Series X | S: Controller Update

Titan Two Gamepacks support. Operation, questions, updates and requests.

Xbox Series X | S: Controller Update

Postby Mad » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:40 pm

When doing controller firmware updates plug the controller directly into the console (no Titan Two)

For those of you on the Series X or S who get the constant update prompt for your controller simply change your output protocol to USB XBOX One in Gtuner>Device Configuration.

Protocols for both console and controller remained the same so you will have no issues doing this.

If you still get the update prompt on xbox one protocol you can roll back your firmware: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbo ... 9951b7c109
After rolling back you can update the controller again just make sure the controller is directly wired to the console and do not update via the Titan Two.

x1.png
x1.png (19.01 KiB) Viewed 123594 times
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Re: Xbox Series X | S: Controller Update

Postby DrS1ck » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:10 am

I am currently using usb automatic as I use both ps5 and xbox sx, if I change to this will still be able to plug in to ps5 or do I have to change device config each time
DrS1ck
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Mad » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:27 am

DrS1ck wrote:I am currently using usb automatic as I use both ps5 and xbox sx, if I change to this will still be able to plug in to ps5 or do I have to change device config each time

You'll need to change it.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby DrS1ck » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:37 am

Mad wrote:
DrS1ck wrote:I am currently using usb automatic as I use both ps5 and xbox sx, if I change to this will still be able to plug in to ps5 or do I have to change device config each time

You'll need to change it.

thanks
DrS1ck
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby artyriaboy » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:04 pm

I have a xbox series x controller, do I have to connect them via USB or can I also connect via Bluetooth?
artyriaboy
Private
Private

Postby Mad » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:24 pm

artyriaboy wrote:I have a xbox series x controller, do I have to connect them via USB or can I also connect via Bluetooth?

Bluetooth isn't supported for the X/S controllers. You can use the xbox wireless adapter for wireless connectivity.
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby papa2sweet » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:02 pm

I have licenced Microsoft bluetooth dongle two of them it doesnt work for the xbox series x or s with the titan two it used to. I would like to use my controller wirelessly what is the work around.
papa2sweet
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby victor11 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:47 am

Mad wrote:
artyriaboy wrote:I have a xbox series x controller, do I have to connect them via USB or can I also connect via Bluetooth?

Bluetooth isn't supported for the X/S controllers. You can use the xbox wireless adapter for wireless connectivity.

Are you sure about that? AFAIK it is supported
victor11
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Mad » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:37 am

victor11 wrote:Are you sure about that? AFAIK it is supported

The controller has bluetooth but it is not supported by the Titan Two at this stage.
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby fullerorb7 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:58 pm

Microsoft disabled controller downgrades. They offered me a free exchange of same model controller.
Those of us who accidentally update are kinda f'd on binding macros to our paddles,, until gtuner gets a new update,

EDIT
turns out they are only disabled on the xbox app from a xbox console, not on windows
You can download the accessories app on windows store
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/har ... t%20update.

On console we get a new popup(sorry, your controller is already upgraded)
fullerorb7
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to Gamepack Support