Help needed with G27 on XB1

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

Help needed with G27 on XB1

Postby creepscore » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:04 pm

Have got it working almost perfectly. The Only problem I am haveing is that when I let off the gas, the engine cuts out so it won't engine brake. Also, I really have to step on it to make it work. Any suggestions?
creepscore
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Help needed with G27 on XB1

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Please let me know if you are using the MaxAim profile and script of the tutorial linked below. If you have a customized profile and script, please post here so we can check.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1216
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby creepscore » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:02 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Please let me know if you are using the MaxAim profile and script of the tutorial linked below. If you have a customized profile and script, please post here so we can check.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1216

I am using this exact script and MaxAim DI, don't think I have done anything to it.
Attachments
G27_Xbox_maxaim_di.gpc
(8.58 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
G27 (Forza w Clutch).glf
(7.5 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
creepscore
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:03 pm

Thanks for the information. I quick checked the code and didn't find any obviously which could explain the issue you described.

By "let off the gas, the engine cuts out so it won't engine brake." you mean the clutch pedal is activated when let off the gas? so the engine runs "free" and does not engine break.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby creepscore » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Yes, so when I give it small amounts of gas it just revs like the clutch is still on. And when I give it more gas the revs jump back to where they should be like I never gave it any gas in the first place. Also, I have not jet set the turning radius of the wheel to 200, could that be the cause? I am trying to play Forza Horizons 2, and I have set the controller layout to 10.

PS: It seems that I have to give it 50% gas before it starts taking, i.e. IY on DI Settings has to become negative.
creepscore
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:07 am

The issue seems to be something related with the script. Unfortunately I don't have a G27 to test myself. I will ask fbmrider86 to give his input here.

In addition, I don't believe the wheel to 200 is causing that, as 200° is the correct configuration.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby creepscore » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:25 pm

So you guys found any errors yet, or is this a lost case? Any additional info I can contribute with?
Thx again btw
creepscore
Corporal
Corporal

Postby fbmrider86 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:27 am

creepscore wrote:So you guys found any errors yet, or is this a lost case? Any additional info I can contribute with?
Thx again btw

Sorry, I'm not on these forums very often and just noticed this.Taking this from another thread from someone having similar issues (granted, we never heard back from them, so we don't know if they ever got it working)...

Best thing to do is activate the Telemetry option in Forza (using Layout 10 in FH2 you hold Down on the D-Pad until it comes up), then watch your inputs and see what they're doing at what stages (gas/brake/clutch/steering are all visible on this screen). Once you do this report back and let us know exactly what is working and what isn't. From the sound of it there's either a setting in Forza or the G27 drivers in Windows that are mis-configured.

To add to what J2Kbr was saying you can't have the values screen open in MaxAim DI when running my script or it will act funky. You can use it to monitor the inputs on the controller itself but they won't translate to the game properly.

Finally, check your Profiler settings (in the Logitech Profiler, click 'Options' > 'Global Device Settings'). Make sure the 'Report Combined Pedals' box isn't checked, as this will cause the pedals to be on a single axis, which will not work (and sounds kinda like the problem you're facing).
fbmrider86
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby creepscore » Mon May 02, 2016 4:06 pm

fbmrider86 wrote:
creepscore wrote:So you guys found any errors yet, or is this a lost case? Any additional info I can contribute with?
Thx again btw

Sorry, I'm not on these forums very often and just noticed this.Taking this from another thread from someone having similar issues (granted, we never heard back from them, so we don't know if they ever got it working)...

Best thing to do is activate the Telemetry option in Forza (using Layout 10 in FH2 you hold Down on the D-Pad until it comes up), then watch your inputs and see what they're doing at what stages (gas/brake/clutch/steering are all visible on this screen). Once you do this report back and let us know exactly what is working and what isn't. From the sound of it there's either a setting in Forza or the G27 drivers in Windows that are mis-configured.

To add to what J2Kbr was saying you can't have the values screen open in MaxAim DI when running my script or it will act funky. You can use it to monitor the inputs on the controller itself but they won't translate to the game properly.

Finally, check your Profiler settings (in the Logitech Profiler, click 'Options' > 'Global Device Settings'). Make sure the 'Report Combined Pedals' box isn't checked, as this will cause the pedals to be on a single axis, which will not work (and sounds kinda like the problem you're facing).

Thx so much. Found the problem. When I am off the gas, or on the brake, the clutch is engaged. The clutch is at 99.8 % when off the gas, and goes slowly down to 0, as I gas to about 50 %. Tried checking global settings, but the box was already unchecked. Also, the clutch doesn't seem to be doing much. If I keep the clutch in while giving gas, the clutch will be at 44 %.
creepscore
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support