how to use T2 with dfgt at xbox 360, also PS4 questions

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

Re: how to use T2 with dfgt at xbox 360, also PS4 questions

Postby Turoy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:20 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
Turoy wrote:The driving force GT is wich Logitech exact, 25, or no need to know that?

The driving force GT has its own configuration HID file, it does not run in compatibility mode (i.e. emulating other models such as the G25).

Build in in the Titan 2?

My DFGT is not working right with xbox 360 and Forza 4, Firmware is uptodate, but Button mapping looks incorrect. Sometimes i need to press SQUARE instead of X to produce an A click for the console. Also the pedals work not for acceleration and brakes. I will search for an script, and also i will test the functionality for PS4 and DFGT.
Turoy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention. The Titan Two must be equipped with a SD Card to store the HID configuration files for steering wheels, including the Logitech Driving Force GT. The HID configuration files are copied to the SD Card using the "Configure" button at "Device Configuration", sub-section "Micro-SD Card".
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Turoy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:25 pm

No Problem,
i have different SD cards from 2 GB up to 32 GB.

Where can i find the necessary HID files and how to install them? Only make use of "Configure" button at "Device Configuration", sub-section "Micro-SD Card"?
I wish to use my DFGT with PS3 (no hardware needed), PS4 and xbox 360 (because of the older xbox 360 i was buying the titan two).
I have installed teddy18s script for DFGT and GT Sport (not tested yet).

With installed SD card, gtuner shows some places (1-3 high lighted, 4- little darker).

At 02.13.2018 u wrote at another thread:
J2Kbr wrote:... currently the steering wheel inputs are converted to a regular controller output, so it can be use on any game. In a future update the Titan Two will also be able to output as a "real" steering wheel, on PS4 the output protocol will be the G29. with this implementation the games will identify the wheel as you are expecting.
I thought this was allready done? This was the reason for me to buy the titan two...

Edit:
I've found out to "configure" the SD card, i looks like 2 files was written to the card. After that, i can accelerate and brake with the pedals at Forza 4, but the steering looks useless?
Test for xbox 360 and DFGT: still not good
Test for PS4 and DFGT: also not good: no brakes or acceleration and to much rotation need for the wheel.

Im really unhappy at moment. :ashamed:
Turoy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:53 am

We are almost there, just missing one or two configurations.

Let's start with the wheel responsiveness. The HID configuration file enabled the 900° turning, with that and depending on the game it may be necessarily load a script to adjust the wheel sensitivity.

The script below is an example of how you can adjust the wheel sensitivity parameters, note the value on the defines at the beginning of the code can be tweaked for the best results with the game you are playing.

Code: Select all
#define RESTING_DEADZONE        20.0
#define WHEEL_RESTING_VALUE     0.70
#define WHEEL_SENSITIVITY       3.0

main {
    fix32 wheel_value = get_actual(STICK_2_X) + WHEEL_RESTING_VALUE;
    fix32 direction = (wheel_value >= 0.0) ? 1.0 : -1.0;
    wheel_value = abs(wheel_value);
    if(wheel_value > 2.0) {
        wheel_value *= WHEEL_SENSITIVITY;
        wheel_value += RESTING_DEADZONE;
        set_val(STICK_2_X, clamp(wheel_value, 0.0, 100.0) * direction);
    }
}
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Turoy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:18 pm

OK,

but which values i have to change, and make it bigger or smaller? And why the pedals not work at PS4, wich Steering wheel i have to choose at the settings?

At "slot" 1 i have teddy18s script, but i looks for me, that it makes no difference, using the script or not?
Turoy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:53 am

Turoy wrote:but which values i have to change, and make it bigger or smaller?

The deadzone is to configure how responsive the wheel is for small left/right movement, so if you have to turn the wheel too much for the movement start register in the game the deadzone should be increased. With the sensitivity you can configure how much to turn the wheel to achieve the maximum turn in the game. Bigger the sensitivity value, less turn you should apply in the wheel.

Turoy wrote:And why the pedals not work at PS4, wich Steering wheel i have to choose at the settings?

In the game select a regular PS4 controller (not a steering wheel).
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Turoy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:50 pm

Update:
With the new Gtuner soft- and firmware, the DFGT is useable (without FFB, i need an further look to activate FFB) now with PS4 and xbox 360, using Teddy18s script!
Not like an real steering wheel, but it's useable. For me, little fine tuning is needed, because i feel the deadzone is to big, and the needed "turning" is also little to high. I think that will be fit for me, if i change some values, i will contact Teddy18.

I can't wait the time, that the titan will not longer emulate an controller, but rather it will emulate an steering wheel. Then using an steering wheel is much more like reality then emulate an controller.

Again, sorry for my english. :)

Greetings Turoy
Turoy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:45 pm

Thank you for the update! :) Appreciated.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Turoy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:46 pm

Until there is no real function for Titan Two to use steering wheel as steering wheel, i wish to use my Thrustmaster T150 for PS3+4, because this makes more fun and is more realistic as the old function to emulate an controller.

But what is for xbox360? At actual state, can Titan Two emulate an controller for the xbox 360, in use with Thrustmaster T150 ?

Can i do something to make it better?

I feel i was captured by console tuner because of lying. Before i bought the Titan Two, ive read that steering wheels will act as steering wheel. An adapter who act as an controller, there's no need to pay the price of Titan Two, it gives many older, and cheaper adapters for do this. At moment, im not really happ with console tuners.

Please do this what u tell at internet, use steering wheel as steering wheel. Real FFB at steering wheel is much better then emulate vibrations for.
Turoy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby teddy18 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:16 pm

The Titan Two is still in beta
To use the Titan Two with xbox 360 you have to use a wired xbox 360 Controller in input b
teddy18
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support