Remember Lucky and Wild? (Namco 1992)

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

Remember Lucky and Wild? (Namco 1992)

Postby TopSteer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:55 am

Does anyone remember this old arcade game?
You were a cop with a steering wheel and an gun.Image
If you had a buddy, he would be your "buddy cop" and he would also have a gun. Image

But for these cops, the rules were made to be broken. So your buddy cop could use your gun too, :smile0314:
while you concentrated on driving.:smile0902: Yeah, dual wield, completely against procedure. :joia: :a1chill_angry1: Image
You have any idea how much damage this game caused? I just got off the phone with the Mayor! The MAYOR!! :grumpy:

***You can see the dashcam footage of their antics here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OOP-1WHSKE

*ahem* :whatever:
It was a classic.
A cross between Chase HQ and Lethal Enforcers. And nobody has made anything like it for 25 years.

So, I have been playing Sleeping Dogs recently, and I was struck by the potential of the missions where you are both driving and shooting out the window.

Okay, so in those screen shots, you're shooting as the passenger, but Hong Kong makes a great setting for this, because the driver can lean his gun arm out the window, while keeping his left hand on the wheel. Notably, Watch Dogs won't let you do this.

So, I am a big fan of steering wheels in free-roaming games. I just uploaded my first version of a Titan Two script for Sleeping Dogs that lets you play with a steering wheel in one hand and a gun in the other. It is a blast and I'll try to upload a demo of me playing it on YouTube before too long here. :whistling:

It's my first upload, and I am planning to add some features, and make it easier to use with a wider variety of hardware.

I just wanted to get some feedback and see if anybody else wanted to play this way. :smile0517:
Wheels: :smile0902:
Logitech G29 (released 2015) with Driving Force Shifter
Thrustmaster Ferrari Red Legend Edition (released 2013)
Logitech Driving Force (released 2002)
TopSteer
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Remember Lucky and Wild? (Namco 1992)

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:40 am

TopSteer wrote:So, I am a big fan of steering wheels in free-roaming games. I just uploaded my first version of a Titan Two script for Sleeping Dogs that lets you play with a steering wheel in one hand and a gun in the other. It is a blast and I'll try to upload a demo of me playing it on YouTube before too long here. :whistling:

Very nice script you created!! :joia: :joia: :joia: just downloaded it to check. Thank you for publishing on Gtuner IV. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support