[TUTORIAL] How to Setup Bluetooth on a DualShock 4

Tutorials, How-tos and FAQs for the Titan One device.

[TUTORIAL] How to Setup Bluetooth on a DualShock 4

Postby perfecthuntr » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:25 pm

When you are initially setting up bluetooth on the DS4 controller, you must pair it to the bluetooth dongle. This process is done as follows:
1) Connect the Titan One to your PC through the PC PROG port.
2) Connect your bluetooth dongle to the INPUT on the Titan One.
3) Open GTuner and open the Titan One device options.
4) Check the box that says enable bluetooth searching and hit OK to close the device options.
5) Your DS4 should be turned off before beginning this step. Press and hold the SHARE and PS buttons until the LED bar is blinking white. Release the buttons.
6) After a few seconds, the LED bar should turn blue. If it does not, then repeat step 5 after the LED bar turns off.
7) You can now disable bluetooth searching, hit OK to close device options, and disconnect the Titan One from your PC.
8) Plug the Titan One into your PS4 and turn on the PS4 manually with the power button near the disk drive
9) When the LED screen on the Titan One flashes A U, turn on the DS4 by pressing the PS button (like you would normally do).
10) Since the DS4 is now paired to the bluetooth on the Titan One, it should connect and display one of the memory slot numbers on the Titan One display.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Re: [TUTORIAL] How to Setup Bluetooth on a DualShock 4

Postby UK_Wildcats » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:45 pm

Good reference post
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby WheelDeal » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:36 pm

... is this DS4 bluetooth-connection "stable" over time, or does it need the re-authentication stuff ?
WheelDeal
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby perfecthuntr » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:45 pm

This bluetooth connection should be stable. The only time you have issues with re-authentication is when plugged into the PS4. But if you're using the DS4, there is no need for re-authentication since it's the native controller.
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby undagroundrican » Thu May 28, 2015 11:49 pm

hi, im stuck at authentication. so in other words i need to get a bluetooth dongle for the titan to work on ps4? do you have any suggestions on which dongle to get? i have one but it doesnt work. i cant even get it to work wired......... it either says 0 when i plug the control in or if i push the button on the titan it shows 1 and a purple light but no mods. there is a slight purple flicker on the ds4 but the light doesnt stay on. i tried pressing share and x button as indicated on the gamepack to no avail.
undagroundrican
Private
Private

Postby perfecthuntr » Fri May 29, 2015 11:59 pm

I have both the ASUS BT-400 and the SMK Link 4.0 dongles. I prefer the SMK Link http://www.amazon.com/SMK-Link-Nano-Don ... B0093HNIBO

When you plug your controller in and the Titan One says "0", that means that no scripts or gamepacks are loaded. The controller should function as if it were directly plugged into your console. When you push the button and "1" shows up, that means that it has loaded the script or gamepack that your programmed onto slot 1. It should allow you to use your controller and play games with the mods installed in that slot. You said it doesn't work, but from your description, that is exactly how it should work. Can you play games and navigate through your menu while on Slot 0?
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby Reverend2100 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:52 pm

I'm having some issues with this procedure...

I can get the DS4 and T1 to link up perfectly well after turning on the PS4. I get the '0' on the display with no dot, and they work fine...

But after 5 - 10 seconds, the dot will flash a couple times, very briefly, and then A,U will appear non the display again. At this stage the only thing I can do is power down the controller, disconnect the T1 from the PS4 and reconnect it. Then turn on the DS4 again. Again, it'll stay connected for a few seconds - like, long enough for me to press start to begin a game, and then it'll go back to A,U.

Any advice for me?
Reverend2100
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby perfecthuntr » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Try 2 things: 1) First, reset your DS4 controller. There's a button on the back of it that will do this. Most likely this will solve your problem. 2) Disable bluetooth searching on the Titan One via the Device Options area.
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby Reverend2100 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:39 pm

A bit of googling and I found out my BT adapter is 2.0 (had it in a drawer for years) ... could that be an issue?

And thanks, I'll try the troller reset when I get home.

Cheers!
Reverend2100
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby perfecthuntr » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:46 pm

I don't think that will be any issue. Please reset your controller and see if that works. There have been a handful of users experiencing bluetooth connection problems, and resetting the controller has fixed that issue.
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Next

Return to Tutorials and FAQs