Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

Tutorials, How-tos and FAQs for the Titan One device.

Re: Titan Two and Gtuner IV - 1.10 BETA Release (PS5 & XSX)

Postby Maxxgold » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:46 pm

Max10 wrote:Tell me, if I buy a PS5, can I connect the Titan Two + Dualshock 4 to it and play games in this pairing (not using Dualsense)?

You can do that to play any PS4 game, but you can not play any PS5 game. PS5 games can only be played with a Dual Sense controller.
Maxxgold
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Mad » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:15 pm

Series X output with series x controller working flawless. :joia:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby Glamundiator » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:22 pm

The right trigger on the original/first version xbox one elite controller is registering as BUTTON_18 (share/media button) in addition to the correct BUTTON_5 (right trigger). This is not happening with the old first gen xbox one controller or the xbox one s controller. I have tested with two original elite controllers and it’s happening with both of them.
Glamundiator
Corporal
Corporal

Postby DaConsoleKid » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:34 pm

is there a way to play PS5 on PS4 were the PS4 controller can detect the rumble of the controller?
DaConsoleKid
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby battlelog » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:18 am

Hey guys,

I downloaded the beta fw, I connected the t2 to my ps5 and with the new PS5 controller to play BF4. I can play bf4 with the new ps5 controller and the bf4 gamepack works.

The only thing that I have noticed is that on the T2 the screen keeps blinking A,U. I can pick my mods 1 to 9, after I set it to lets say number 3, it goes back to the blinking A,U.

Do I have to do something in device manager to fix the AU or thats how its going to be??

Just wondering?

I will have to adjust the recoil a bit on a few guns but its working.

UPDATE

After about 10 mins the ps5 controller stops working?
In Gtuner, device manager the ps5 controller is set to ps4, the ps5 option is greyed out?

But at least the mods work from what I can tell, very responesive, way better than the ps4 controller.
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Glooper » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:03 am

Maxxgold wrote:I’m obviously not technically aware of how the authentication process works with the Titan Two, but I always thought you just used the controller to authenticate with the console, and that it was more of a pass through process. I guess it is a bit more complicated than just using the controller to authenticate.

I’m just wondering if there is hope, or is this an uphill battle. It looks like Sony doesn’t want you using anything but the Dual Sense controller.

I'd also be really interested in a rough overview of what happens. If you plug in an Xbox pad and press A, that obviously has to report as X coming from the DualSense to the PS5, and if everything coming out of that DS is encrypted then the Titan can't selectively grab what it needs to respond to the PS5's authentication calls.

So with the DS4, is its security extracted by itself to respond to AU calls, leaving all outgoing inputs direct from Port 1? Or is every Port 1 input pulled and forwarded from the DS4 as a complete hardware middleman? I'm guessing the former because it's optimised, but wonder if there's any difference in difficulty between identifying and extracting security and emulating every input.

Once the DualSense PCB's been traced it'll be possible to inject inputs directly via soldering, which is what some people with arcade sticks might do. Maybe in the future J2 might consider a padhack Titan, but that really needs a cheap PCB from something like a Hori that's easy to work on. And Hori's latest Octa pad seems to be exclusive to Series, so it could be that Sony have locked out third-party controllers this time?
Glooper
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Maxxgold » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:18 pm

battlelog wrote:Hey guys,

Do I have to do something in device manager to fix the AU or thats how its going to be??

Just wondering?

I will have to adjust the recoil a bit on a few guns but its working.

UPDATE

After about 10 mins the ps5 controller stops working?
In Gtuner, device manager the ps5 controller is set to ps4, the ps5 option is greyed out?

But at least the mods work from what I can tell, very responesive, way better than the ps4 controller.

You need to use a PS4 controller.
Maxxgold

Postby battlelog » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:16 pm

So if you plung in a Ps4 controller to input B while using a ps5 controller on input A, there is no longer AU showing up on the t2 screen. Also there is no diconnect after 10 mins? I have been playing BF4 for about a hour and no issues mods work.

I really do not care for the hepic feed back or viberation, I always disable those features.
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Mad » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:25 am

battlelog wrote:So if you plung in a Ps4 controller to input B while using a ps5 controller on input A, there is no longer AU showing up on the t2 screen. Also there is no diconnect after 10 mins?

Correct. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby battlelog » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:47 am

Works great like that, its like the old days with the xbox elite controller.
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials and FAQs