Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

Tutorials, How-tos and FAQs for the Titan One device.

Re: Titan Two and Gtuner IV - 1.10 BETA Release (PS5 & XSX)

Postby battlelog » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:09 am

So a few questions about this sitiuation.

1. Will the t2 work with the ps5, gamepacks, scripts?

2. Could we use a ps4 controller on the ps5 with the t2, and will it work like it does on the ps4, scripts, gamepacks?

3. To use the t2 on the ps5 do we need to have another ps5 controller to authicate it?

Thanks in advance.
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby DaConsoleKid » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:00 am

battlelog wrote:So a few questions about this sitiuation.

1. Will the t2 work with the ps5, gamepacks, scripts?

2. Could we use a ps4 controller on the ps5 with the t2, and will it work like it does on the ps4, scripts, gamepacks?

3. To use the t2 on the ps5 do we need to have another ps5 controller to authicate it?

Thanks in advance.

Battlelog if I'm not mistaken I believe they are working on a way to get the T2 to work on the PS5. 32Kbr put this out earlier.

J2Kbr wrote:ony implemented a message authentication code (HMCA hash or something similar) to the main HID input report (the one that carries the controller button presses, thumbstick position, touchpad events, motion sensor values, etc). Any attempt to change one or more values from this HID report will cause hash mismatch and, consequently, the HID report to be dropped/ignored by the PS5 system.

At the moment we are working to have a better understanding of this message authentication code, but I can already tell we are in face of a strong cryptographic algorithm and -most likely- not susceptible to bruteforce.

I will keep you guys updated on any news related to this.

We can only wait at this point and see what they come up with I guess
DaConsoleKid
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby battlelog » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:12 am

I hear you man,

I most likey will go get a ps4 controller just in case the t2 will not work with the ps5 controller with the mods??

I think the ps4 controller will work with the ps5, mods and all??
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Mad » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:34 am

battlelog wrote:I think the ps4 controller will work with the ps5, mods and all??

on ps4 games, and you can do this on the current beta. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby battlelog » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:46 am

Cool, cause all I play is bf4!
:smile0202: :smile0203: :joia: :smile0517:
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Glooper » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:39 am

Do you think the only way around this might be piggybacking a licensed PCB, @J2Kbr, which you can't sell in complete kits for legal reasons? I'd be interested in a hobbyist T3 if it goes that way.

You don't sound too hopeful about cracking the digest?
Glooper
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:50 am

Thank you all for the messages, suggestions and support.

To clarify to any new user reading this topic:

Xbox Series X|S:
- Both Titan One and Titan Two can be used without any restriction.

PlayStation 5:
- Both Titan One and Titan Two can be used to play PS4 games on PS5.
- Both Titan One and Titan Two can be used to play PS5 games via PS Remote Play.
- By Sony's imposition, PS5 games can only be played using the DualSense controller. As by today, there is NO device or third-party controller on the market that can be used to play PS5 games on PS5 (except via PS Remote Play).

We are currently working to find a solution to enable the Titan Two device to play PS5 games direct on PS5.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby TinoM » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:39 am

J2Kbr wrote:My PS5 finally got delivered this morning and I had the chance to check the new PS5 controller authentication scheme.

Sony implemented a message authentication code (HMCA hash or something similar) to the main HID input report (the one that carries the controller button presses, thumbstick position, touchpad events, motion sensor values, etc). Any attempt to change one or more values from this HID report will cause hash mismatch and, consequently, the HID report to be dropped/ignored by the PS5 system.

At the moment we are working to have a better understanding of this message authentication code, but I can already tell we are in face of a strong cryptographic algorithm and -most likely- not susceptible to bruteforce.

I will keep you guys updated on any news related to this.

Thank you for the update, fingers crossed you can figure it out. I have have never been a fan of the PS controllers.
The Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing the World He Didn’t Exist.
TinoM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Maxxgold » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:43 pm

I went PS5 to start this generation, because of all those exclusives I have missed out on last generation. Looks like I’m going to have to get an Xbox ASAP.

I’m obviously not technically aware of how the authentication process works with the Titan Two, but I always thought you just used the controller to authenticate with the console, and that it was more of a pass through process. I guess it is a bit more complicated than just using the controller to authenticate.

I’m just wondering if there is hope, or is this an uphill battle. It looks like Sony doesn’t want you using anything but the Dual Sense controller.

As an aside. The Dual Sense controller is the best PlayStation controller I have ever used. It’s a big controller, and my thumbs don’t feel cramped when playing for a long session.
Maxxgold
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Max10 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:29 pm

Tell me, if I buy a PS5, can I connect the Titan Two + Dualshock 4 to it and play games in this pairing (not using Dualsense)?
Max10
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials and FAQs