Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

Tutorials, How-tos and FAQs for the Titan One device.

Re: Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X

Postby Max10 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:04 am

Mad wrote:
Max10 wrote:you only need to connect the Dualshock 4 to USB - B?

Correct. :smile0517:

This connection scheme, Titan Two + Dualsenses USB - A, Dualshock USB - B, works on the PlayStation 4 pro. But, if you connect Titan Two via Prog to Gtuner IV, then after a while Dualsenses stops working, a temporary disconnection occurs and again the connection is permanent, if you disconnect Dualsenses everything works, it turns out that through Gtuner IV there is no stable connection with Dualsenses, maybe I something- What is wrong with Gtuner IV?
User avatar
Max10
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:04 am

Re: Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:19 am

Please check, while you have the Titan Two connected to both PS4 and computer, what is the current power source. This info can be found on the Device Configuration panel and should ready:

Power Source: PROG port
-- or --
Power Source: OUTPUT port

Please note the Titan Two have an power control IC to automatic select the "best" power source, OUTPUT port or PROG port, based on the highest voltage. The OUTPUT port have preference, but if the VCC on PROG is greater than the VCC from OUTPUT, the PROG is used.

However, longer USB cables to connect the Titan Two to the computer or console may cause issue, as longer cables will have more voltage drop when more current is draw (ie when controller rumbles is activated, or the controller battery is charging), which can cause the Titan Two indefinitely loop switch between power the two power sources.

To test if this is the case, please check if the disconnection also happens if having the Titan Two connected to only computer and then to only the PS4 (with both controllers plugged).

Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
User avatar
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army
 
Posts: 20176
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Re: Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X

Postby Max10 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:39 am

J2Kbr wrote:Please check, while you have the Titan Two connected to both PS4 and computer, what is the current power source. This info can be found on the Device Configuration panel and should ready:

Power Source: PROG port
-- or --
Power Source: OUTPUT port

Please note the Titan Two have an power control IC to automatic select the "best" power source, OUTPUT port or PROG port, based on the highest voltage. The OUTPUT port have preference, but if the VCC on PROG is greater than the VCC from OUTPUT, the PROG is used.

However, longer USB cables to connect the Titan Two to the computer or console may cause issue, as longer cables will have more voltage drop when more current is draw (ie when controller rumbles is activated, or the controller battery is charging), which can cause the Titan Two indefinitely loop switch between power the two power sources.

To test if this is the case, please check if the disconnection also happens if having the Titan Two connected to only computer and then to only the PS4 (with both controllers plugged).

Thanks.

Yes of course thanks, I'll come back from work and check. After I will write the result in the topic. Thank you very much again for your advice and help.
User avatar
Max10
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:04 am

Re: Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X

Postby Boris » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:21 pm

Hello guys, i have ps5 + dualsense + DualShock PS4 + titan two. What should i do to play warzone with g-tuner scripts on ps5 with One of the 2 joypads without the 8 min disconnection? Please help me. After the firmware update nothing works.
User avatar
Boris
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:28 am

Re: Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X

Postby flyersrule » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:13 pm

Boris wrote:Hello guys, i have ps5 + dualsense + DualShock PS4 + titan two. What should i do to play warzone with g-tuner scripts on ps5 with One of the 2 joypads without the 8 min disconnection? Please help me. After the firmware update nothing works.



im using DS4/hori mini with no time out ps5 controller/ hori still times out idk why
put output protocol to Ps5 (bottom right of console tuner) hope this helps
User avatar
flyersrule
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:12 pm

Re: Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X

Postby Mad » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 pm

flyersrule wrote:im using DS4/hori mini with no time out ps5 controller/ hori still times out idk why
put output protocol to Ps5 (bottom right of console tuner) hope this helps

Try this:
- Connect the Titan Two output port to the PS5 console;
- Connect a PS4 third-party controller to Input-B, wait couple seconds;
- Connect the controller you wish to use at Input-A of the Titan Two.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || Discord || YouTube || Twitter
Mad
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 2956
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 5:39 am

Re: Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X

Postby Max10 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:54 am

J2Kbr wrote:Please check, while you have the Titan Two connected to both PS4 and computer, what is the current power source. This info can be found on the Device Configuration panel and should ready:

Power Source: PROG port
-- or --
Power Source: OUTPUT port

Please note the Titan Two have an power control IC to automatic select the "best" power source, OUTPUT port or PROG port, based on the highest voltage. The OUTPUT port have preference, but if the VCC on PROG is greater than the VCC from OUTPUT, the PROG is used.

However, longer USB cables to connect the Titan Two to the computer or console may cause issue, as longer cables will have more voltage drop when more current is draw (ie when controller rumbles is activated, or the controller battery is charging), which can cause the Titan Two indefinitely loop switch between power the two power sources.

To test if this is the case, please check if the disconnection also happens if having the Titan Two connected to only computer and then to only the PS4 (with both controllers plugged).

Thanks.

I tried and Power Source: PROG port
- or -
Power Source: OUTPUT port everywhere there is a delay when playing through Dualsenses, but if you play when power is supplied from Prog, the delay does not occur so often after 15 minutes, there was a moment when the connection with the controller was cut off. But if you play simply by disconnecting TTwo from Gtuner IV, then there are no disconnections and delays. It turns out that if you use the scheme: Titan Two + Dualsenses USB - A + Dualshock USB - B via PlayStation 4 pro, then everything works fine without breaks, and when connected to the Gtuner IV, there are problems and disconnections.
User avatar
Max10
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:04 am

Re: Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:37 am

Max10 wrote:I tried and Power Source: PROG port - or - Power Source: OUTPUT port everywhere there is a delay when playing through Dualsenses, but if you play when power is supplied from Prog, the delay does not occur so often after 15 minutes, there was a moment when the connection with the controller was cut off. But if you play simply by disconnecting TTwo from Gtuner IV, then there are no disconnections and delays. It turns out that if you use the scheme: Titan Two + Dualsenses USB - A + Dualshock USB - B via PlayStation 4 pro, then everything works fine without breaks, and when connected to the Gtuner IV, there are problems and disconnections.

Thanks, based on what you noticed it seems the Titan Two is loop switching between the two power sources. Do you have the Titan Connection Kit? if yes you can use the Data Link Adapter on the PROG cable. This will force the Titan Two to receive power from the OUTPUT port.

Alternatively you can also use an external power supply.

If you don't have the power supply nor the Data Link Adapter, please be sure to fully charge both the DualSock and the DualSense controllers to check if mitigates this issue.

thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
User avatar
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army
 
Posts: 20176
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Re: Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X

Postby Reverend2100 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:38 pm

I was having this issue with the beta FW, and I'd hoped that a reinstall (now that it's production FW) might sort out this weird bug I have, but unfortunately I'm having the same issue...

Using Astro C40 Pro Controller with PS5.

When I turn on the PS5, I am asked which account the controller is for as usual, but the controller doesn't do anything - the PS5 isn't receiving the input, and the T2 is showing the swirling effect on the LED.

I have to go through the following steps to get my Astro C40 Pro to register:
1. Unplug the C40 cable from the T2
2. Unplug the T2 from the PS5
3. Plug the C40 cable to PS5, hit the PS button on the C40, and X to confirm account.
- then I get a message saying this controller won't work with PS5 games...
4. Unplug the C40 from the PS5 and quickly plug in the T2 again
5. Plug the C40 into Port B of the T2

...Then briefly the T2 Input B and Output lights turn red, then green, and I can use the controller as normal. I know J2Kbr uses the same setup as I do, so why am I having this issue? Might I have a fault somewhere?
User avatar
Reverend2100
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:47 pm

Re: Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X

Postby Max10 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:46 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
Max10 wrote:I tried and Power Source: PROG port - or - Power Source: OUTPUT port everywhere there is a delay when playing through Dualsenses, but if you play when power is supplied from Prog, the delay does not occur so often after 15 minutes, there was a moment when the connection with the controller was cut off. But if you play simply by disconnecting TTwo from Gtuner IV, then there are no disconnections and delays. It turns out that if you use the scheme: Titan Two + Dualsenses USB - A + Dualshock USB - B via PlayStation 4 pro, then everything works fine without breaks, and when connected to the Gtuner IV, there are problems and disconnections.

Thanks, based on what you noticed it seems the Titan Two is loop switching between the two power sources. Do you have the Titan Connection Kit? if yes you can use the Data Link Adapter on the PROG cable. This will force the Titan Two to receive power from the OUTPUT port.

Alternatively you can also use an external power supply.

If you don't have the power supply nor the Data Link Adapter, please be sure to fully charge both the DualSock and the DualSense controllers to check if mitigates this issue.

thanks.

unfortunately I don’t have a Titan Connection Kit, but the Data Link itself is on sale here, in the picture below, this is suitable, I correctly understood that it will first need USB - micro in Titan Two - Prog, and already insert a USB cable to USB + Gtuner into the output IV, did I understand correctly? Tell me how to connect this cable to Gtuner IV or PlayStation 4?
Attachments
Screenshot_20210114_172036.jpg
Screenshot_20210114_172036.jpg (8.65 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
User avatar
Max10
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:04 am

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials and FAQs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests