[XBOX ONE] Problems with other controllers? - FIX INSIDE!!

Tutorials, How-tos and FAQs for the Titan One device.

[XBOX ONE] Problems with other controllers? - FIX INSIDE!!

Postby perfecthuntr » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:44 am

Here is a post that was made by @J2Kbr regarding the recent problems we've been seeing with Titan One users that are using the Xbox One *console* with any controllers other than the official Xbox One controller (e.g., DualShock 4 or Xbox 360). The most recent update to the Xbox One made some changes to the way that the controllers interact with the console. This causes the Xbox One controller to automatically re-authenticate with the Xbox One right after the Titan One authentication. The solution is to make sure your Xbox One controller is powered down after it authenticates the Titan One. @J2Kbr is working on a more elegant solution to this!

The best way to fix this issue is to remove the batteries from your Xbox One controller before using it for authentication!

J2Kbr wrote:Confirmed. the latest XB1 update changed how the connection controller/console is handled. I'm investigating it and working to fix.

As a temporary workaround make sure to turn off the XB1 controller before unplug it from the Titan One. It can be done using the Device Monitor or by the script below (pressing A after the authentication).

Code: Select all
main {
    if(event_press(XB1_A)) {
        turn_off();
    }
}

EDIT: Another solution would be remove the battery from the XBox One controller, doing so the controller can not connect to the console wirelessy.

The problem happens when the controller detects the usb cable was disconnected and try connect to the console wirelessly. Before the update this was not a problem because the USB connection had higher priority, but seems the update changed that, favoring the wireless connection over the usb connection.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Re: [XBOX ONE] Problems with other controllers? - FIX INSIDE

Postby UK_Wildcats » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:11 pm

Good thinking
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:18 pm

Thanks perfecthuntr for clarify this issue. I couldn't do better!! :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby mindchamber » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:50 pm

so is essentially the same problems I was having with the PS4 is now happening with the Xbone?
mindchamber
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:39 pm

mindchamber wrote:so is essentially the same problems I was having with the PS4 is now happening with the Xbone?

no, definitively it is not related ... your PS4 problem was solved?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby samurailjackson » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:17 am

Thank you for offering a fix, I just got my titan one today and I'm having issues with getting the menu, change view and guide buttons being mapped to the start, select and guide buttons on my Xbox 360 fight stick can anyone help with this?
samurailjackson
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:44 pm

samurailjackson wrote:Thank you for offering a fix, I just got my titan one today and I'm having issues with getting the menu, change view and guide buttons being mapped to the start, select and guide buttons on my Xbox 360 fight stick can anyone help with this?

Hello, could you please post your request in the 'GPC Script Programming' section? so we can keep the subjects separately. Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby samurailjackson » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:27 pm

will do thanks!
samurailjackson
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Delta101 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:11 pm

So Iv tried taking the battery's out then unplug and cut controller back on and nothing. I have the X1 also and I don't know what else to do to be honest. It just will. Not act right for me.
Delta101
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:03 pm

Delta101 wrote:So Iv tried taking the battery's out then unplug and cut controller back on and nothing. I have the X1 also and I don't know what else to do to be honest. It just will. Not act right for me.

After you unplug the XB1 controller and connected the controller you wanna use, what is showing in the Titan One's display? (including if the top and bottom dots are on or off) - Thanks
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Tutorials and FAQs