Titan One vs Modded Controller & Some FAQs Answered

Tutorials, How-tos and FAQs for the Titan One device.

Titan One vs Modded Controller & Some FAQs Answered

Postby perfecthuntr » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:49 am

I wanted to copy a post of mine into a sticky so that many people can see this and we can prevent the same questions from being asked over and over. Here, I describe some of the differences between the Titan One and many of the more common modded controllers. Now I know that there are some really great modded controllers that are programmable and have a number of different features that are just not possible with the Titan One. Mainly, I'm referring to the extra paddle buttons on the backs of controllers. Regardless, this should provide you with a detailed understanding of what the Titan One is and how it is different than dropping $150 for a new, modded controller.

What is AUTO AIM?
Let me clarify 1 thing right off the bat: The Titan One as well as ALL other USB devices or controllers CANNOT act like an aim bot (i.e., automatically aiming your weapon at an enemy). Now, to the mods that we refer to as "auto aim". Typically this can mean 1 of 2 things:
  1. The Titan One uses a game's "lock-on" targeting system to snap between targets. This is what happens in the single player campaigns of the Call of Duty games. You can rapid fire your ADS (aim-down-the-sights) button to have your gun snap onto the nearest enemy. The script for this will abuse this system to create the effect of having an aimbot. In this link on IGN, you will see why we call this "auto aim".
  2. In the second sense, this means that the Titan One will do the ADS action for you while you're shooting. Essentially, when the Titan One detects that you're firing a gun (holding RT / R2), it will automatically tell the console that you're also pressing the ADS button (holding LT / L2). This can be useful for people that just want to focus on shooting and not holding down 2 buttons.

What is ANTI RECOIL?
What anti-recoil is as it relates to the Titan One has NOTHING to do with rapid fire. Titan One scripts can programmatically adjust the values that your right analog stick (typically your aiming control) is giving to the console. Most, if not all, modded controllers CANNOT do this. The "anti-recoil" that you may notice from modded controllers is simply due to the fact that guns are being fired with rapid trigger presses rather than with adjustments to the right analog stick.

Imagine that you have a fully automatic machine gun that has an insane amount of recoil. If you decide to hold down the trigger, you're going to need to compensate for the recoil. Without the Titan One, you'll aim down with your controller, and 90% of the time you're going to misjudge how much that needs to be applied. With the Titan One, you don't have to worry about aiming down since the Titan One will do that for you. You can easily use a script that adjusts your aim for you to compensate. The scripts can also account for you needing to aim up at the same time -- Let's pretend you're aiming at someone running up a staircase. You'll need to compensate for the recoil but also track the person while they move vertically on your screen. With the right code, you can easily track this player at the same time as compensating for the recoil. Basically, you aim at the person as if the gun weren't even firing.

Side note here - some guns have random side-to-side recoil. This cannot be predicted or programmatically accounted for with a Titan One or any other type of device.

What can the Titan One do that XYZ's modded controller can't?
When you buy a modded controller, even if they are programmable and can swap buttons and all that good stuff, you're paying for a SINGLE controller. That controller is tied to the system that it was meant to be used on. It is also limited to the features that are shipped with the controller. The Titan One turns literally ANY standard, branded (i.e., Sony or Microsoft) PS3, PS4, XB360, XB1 controller into a fully modded controller that can be used on ANY of those systems. YES!! That means that you can use your Xbox One controller on your friend's PS4.

You want to use your PS3 controller on your XB1? No problem. You want rapid fire? No problem. You want to tune your rapid fire for a particular gun? No problem. Want to do that in-game with button combinations that you select? No problem. You want every single button to have turbo? No problem. You want to swap buttons around? No problem. You want to perform 30+ hit combos on games like Mortal Kombat X with the press of a SINGLE button? No problem. Do you want to setup your game of Destiny to farm while you go to class? NO PROBLEM. The list keeps going, and going, and going... There is not a single modded controller that can do all of those things. ALSO, with the Titan One you're allowing all of those capabilities to be used on ANY standard controller from a modern console. AND, all that same stuff will work with your existing rapid fire controllers.

Side note here -- the controllers that are compatible with the Titan One can be seen listed here.

Tell me about some other cool features of the Titan One.
Controller compatibility:
What are you going to do with your old Xbox 360 based arcade-style fight stick now that you have an Xbox One? Well, with the Titan One, you can simply plug your fight stick up to the Titan One and then plug that into the console and you're now able to use it.
What if I bought a PS4 and want to use my Xbox 360 fight stick? Same story as above. Simply plug it into your Titan One and plug that into your PS4.

Gamepacks:
With our pre-programmed gamepacks, you can easily configure various mods to be used with your games. Add things such as rapid fire or glitches that can make weapons shoot faster. Perhaps you don't want to keep holding pressing the sprint button for your game, so try out the auto-sprint mod.

Custom scripts:
You want to use various features from different scripts or gamepacks in a customized script? Don't know how to program? No problem. Just ask our forum users for help and we will be GLAD to help fulfill your requests. Check out some samples of that here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2213
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2218
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2043
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2242

We can help fix broken controllers:
Check out this satisfied user who has a broken controller that we were able to fix programmatically:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1210

Aiding disabled gamers:
Do you have some sort of accessibility requirement that hinders your ability to use a controller? Let us help you out! Please check out some of the following posts about various requests along these lines:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2235
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1334
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1795

Here are some of the limitations that most people ask about:
  1. You cannot currently use headsets or microphones that require a connection to your controller. This is going to be fixed with an add-on device that is coming soon. Also, you may be able to use this workaround to get your headset to work.
  2. PS4 consoles require your authentic DualShock 4 to re-authenticate roughly every 10 minutes. If you're using a controller OTHER THAN the DS4, you will need to use some special options with your Titan One. You can read up on those settings and procedures here.

If there's anything you guys would like me to add to this, please let me know!!
ConsoleTuner Support Team
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Re: Titan One vs Modded Controller & Some FAQs Answered

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:20 am

:joia: Great! :joia: I couldn't do better! Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby UK_Wildcats » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:37 pm

This is awesome. I was thinking about this after I saw the replies we had on the other topic.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby usuallyunusual » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:32 pm

Great article man!

Seeing Eye to Eye turned into an Eye for an Eye

Now everyones blind!
usuallyunusual
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby basti » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:54 pm

Can some Pro pleas wirte me a Script ?

i am confused....
DAMM COMPUTER
basti
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:33 am

basti wrote:Can some Pro pleas wirte me a Script ? i am confused....DAMM COMPUTER

Please post your script requirements on a new topic in the GPC Script Programming. Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Tutorials and FAQs