5$ workaround, to make 99% of all headsets/chat work on PS4.

Tutorials, How-tos and FAQs for the Titan One device.

Re: 5$ workaround, to make 99% of all headsets/chat work on

Postby Stotty82 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:56 pm

Yeah Sony needs to get their act together for sure. My headset is meant to be totally wireless but not until the ps4 firmware gets updates. Godknows when tthis going to be.

Sorry to hear your having problems with your made for ipod headphones.

Thanks again mate. I'll post on here when I get my setup sorted to let you know how it went.
Stotty82
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Extreme-Mods » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:29 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External- ... sound+card

Would this card work? I don't have a headset available to try it on so if someone could test it out for me that would be great. I can even send you one if needed. Just let me know.

This is a fantastic find btw.
http://www.Extreme-Mods.com is the Official Retailer of the Titan One. Buy yours today!
Worldwide shipping available & FREE Shipping within the USA!
Extreme-Mods
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby l0rdvader » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:05 am

just wanted to confirm this WORKS Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External- ... sound+card in addition http://www.amazon.com/EZOPower-Headset- ... B0046FMRGA thanks guys .. :joia: T1 developers please continue to fix chat support so i dont have all these crazy wires.. :smile0201: Again thanks for this quick temp fix :smile0201: !Update I have the Turtle Beach Call of Duty Tango Sorround sound Headset I just plug the chat cord with the usb sound cad that was reffered here with the audio/mic adapter and Whalla done deal Thanks "Z0lid" :smile0314:
Attachments
T1 usb1.jpg
T1 usb1.jpg (122.85 KiB) Viewed 11424 times
Last edited by l0rdvader on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
l0rdvader
Private
Private

Postby tOwely » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:14 pm

Extreme-Mods wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411054071&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+sound+card

Would this card work? I don't have a headset available to try it on so if someone could test it out for me that would be great. I can even send you one if needed. Just let me know.

This is a fantastic find btw.

Its impossible for me to say 100% that it works, but all ive tried so far works fine, only problem ive had is with the "Made for iPhone" headset.
So that one should work also.
I can help you test it of course, but doubt it would be very economical for you for me to send it back to you again.

I bought the "Goobay" usb card again,and it works fine with my "made for iPhone" headset, but it only worked for like 30min then the card broke totally, nothing works with it. ^^
So either i was unlucky or the cards quality is not so high, that was the reason i bought the ASUS Xonar U3 in the first place, that the quality is high.
But unfortunately it wouldnt work with my "made for iPhone headset".
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Stotty82 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:40 pm

I can now confirm that setup works perfectly on my ps4 with Turtle beach Px51 headsets. Thank you for this excellent post. Now I've just got to setup all my different guns individually Xp
Stotty82
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby tOwely » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Stotty82 wrote:I can now confirm that setup works perfectly on my ps4 with Turtle beach Px51 headsets. Thank you for this excellent post. Now I've just got to setup all my different guns individually Xp

Nice man, good to hear :)
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby gturbo7 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:47 pm

I'm awaiting delivery of my titan one here in uk and hoping to get the setup sorted without any hassle, but interested in the wireless ps4 chat using the titan one which i believe isnt possible or wasn't possible till i read this thread. I own the turtle beach px5 but i'm getting a bit confused with connections from the sound cards and the headset and or transmitters, any chance of a detailed explaination (i'm a bit of a noob) or youtube vid, cheers
gturbo7
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby gturbo7 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:08 am

would this soundcard be ok? wasn't sure because of the disk?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-St ... SSFGKH6CT3
gturbo7
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby tOwely » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:29 am

gturbo7 wrote:I'm awaiting delivery of my titan one here in uk and hoping to get the setup sorted without any hassle, but interested in the wireless ps4 chat using the titan one which i believe isnt possible or wasn't possible till i read this thread. I own the turtle beach px5 but i'm getting a bit confused with connections from the sound cards and the headset and or transmitters, any chance of a detailed explaination (i'm a bit of a noob) or youtube vid, cheers

Well.
You can get your headset working, but it wont be wireless if you want your chat to work.
You need to run a cable to the USB card for the chat to work.

But to be fair, that headset aint 100% wireless even if you dont use a Titan One.
Because, if you want the chat to work, you have to run a cable from the headset to the controller.

So you can get it to work, but you need to run a longer chat cable to the USB soundcard for chat.

The card you linked will probably work but im not sure.
Otherwise i can recomend the "GOOBAY" card.
Im using that right now, and with that one, you dont need any splitter to split the chat and sound in to two cables.
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby pogiman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:15 pm

So I just placed an order for the T1 and read on the forums for a while now. Starting to get how the config works; I initally thought I plug the KB&M to the T1 but I dont. I need to have to plugged to the computer. Anyways, back to the topic. I see many posts talking about wireless headsets, what about wired headsets? I just want to plug my headset to the DS4, which will be plugged to the T1 via usb (e.g no BT dongle). Is chat still supported via this method?
pogiman
Private First Class
Private First Class

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials and FAQs