5$ workaround, to make 99% of all headsets/chat work on PS4.

Tutorials and Video Tutorials for Titan One device. Configurations, Console and Controller connections, Gamepacks settings, etc...

Re: 5$ workaround, to make 99% of all headsets/chat work on

Postby tOwely » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:27 pm

Stotty82 wrote:Not sure if the ASUS will work as it has a separate install disc.

I ended up buying these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005 ... UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008 ... UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002 ... UTF8&psc=1

Hopefully this will work

I also decided to buy this due to lack of USB ports:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KELUX-PS4-USB-E ... s4+USB+hub


Yeah the ASUS got a installation CD, but its not needed to make it work, at least not the basic functions for sound out and in.
I also looked at the Creative usb soundcard you ordered. It also seems like a good buy.

I would be extremely surprised if it don't work for you, with those parts.
User avatar
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:32 pm

Re: 5$ workaround, to make 99% of all headsets/chat work on

Postby tOwely » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:08 pm

Stotty82 wrote:Not sure if the ASUS will work as it has a separate install disc.

I ended up buying these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005 ... UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008 ... UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002 ... UTF8&psc=1

Hopefully this will work

I also decided to buy this due to lack of USB ports:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KELUX-PS4-USB-E ... s4+USB+hub


So good news :)
The Xonar U3 works great.

So your Creative should work fine also.
User avatar
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:32 pm

Re: 5$ workaround, to make 99% of all headsets/chat work on

Postby Stotty82 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:41 pm

I'll let you know when it all arrives. I live in the UK and my parcel is currently in erlanger. Should be here the end of this week or middle of next.
Stotty82
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Re: 5$ workaround, to make 99% of all headsets/chat work on

Postby Hey24sheep » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:13 am

Nice work bro, But I m already using this way lol, never thought to post it here cuz this a temporary way. :) But, its good that you have posted it nicely it will be good if some people can get benefit of it. :)
User avatar
Hey24sheep
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:10 am

Re: 5$ workaround, to make 99% of all headsets/chat work on

Postby tOwely » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:30 pm

Stotty82 wrote:I'll let you know when it all arrives. I live in the UK and my parcel is currently in erlanger. Should be here the end of this week or middle of next.


Something ive noticed tho with my ASUS Xonar U3, is that my "Made for iPhone" headset wont work as it should.
It wouldn't work on the PC either untill i installed the drivers. My headset thats not specificly made for iphone works fine tho.

Ive also tried with an adapter for the 4 pole switch for older devices, and it wont work anyway.

Im not sure if this has to do with the ASUS Xonar U3 specifically tho.

I think it can have something to do with its "Toslink" extra feature on the mic. So when im connecting a iPhone headset, it goes to that default for some reason.
Really strange tbh.

So ill probably have to return my ASUS Xonar U3 unfortunately, at least if i want my "Made for iPhone" earphones to work. :/
And i really do want them to work, since i just bought a pari of Sony MDR-1R. Totally sick sound in them, and i rather not have a separate cable just for a standalone headset for the mic to work.
User avatar
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:32 pm

Re: 5$ workaround, to make 99% of all headsets/chat work on

Postby tOwely » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:31 pm

Hey24sheep wrote:Nice work bro, But I m already using this way lol, never thought to post it here cuz this a temporary way. :) But, its good that you have posted it nicely it will be good if some people can get benefit of it. :)

Really?
I had no idea this worked, havnt seen any information about it on this forum.
So thought it was news, but now when you say it and i google it. Aparently people have been using this USB sound card for a long while on other forums ^^

But anyway, good for more to know :)
User avatar
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:32 pm

Re: 5$ workaround, to make 99% of all headsets/chat work on

Postby tOwely » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Stotty82 wrote:I'll let you know when it all arrives. I live in the UK and my parcel is currently in erlanger. Should be here the end of this week or middle of next.


Ive read up abit on your headset, because i noticed that you needed to have the headset sound connected to the USB device also and not only mic to be able to hear the chat. (at least i think so)
So when you do your connection with your PX51, you first need to download the uppdate from the Turtle beach home page.
This is probably because this reason to get the chat sound.
And when you connect your headphones, i think you need to connect both the sound and the mic line to the USB card. Because they have probably set it up so they send the chat audio trough that cable after the update.
And in settings on the PS4 you need to do this:

Image

But instead of connecting it to your controller you connect it to the USB card.

It should work, im 99% sure, but i since your case is kind of special, i cant be 100%.
Because when i tried it with the PX4, i made sure the mic worked, but i dont remember if i actually heard the chat sound also, because i didnt test it with anyone. I think i did, in the settings page, but im sitting here wondering if im remembering wrong or not.

But as i understand all Turtle beach work this way, to hear the chat sound you need this cable, not only the mic.
User avatar
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:32 pm

Re: 5$ workaround, to make 99% of all headsets/chat work on

Postby Hey24sheep » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:02 am

zOlid wrote:
Hey24sheep wrote:Nice work bro, But I m already using this way lol, never thought to post it here cuz this a temporary way. :) But, its good that you have posted it nicely it will be good if some people can get benefit of it. :)

Really?
I had no idea this worked, havnt seen any information about it on this forum
So thought it was news, but now when you say it and i google it. Aparently people have been using this USB sound card for a long while on other forums ^^

But anyway, good for more to know :)


Yup, I have been using it myself for a very long time and even on ps3. But never made a post cuz i thought it might not be useful as it is not a complete solution. But, You made one so its good if it helps people.

On ps4 hardly anyone talks everybody talks in the party chat so I hate that thing :icon_frown: and i dont use my headsets anymore on ps4. So, Audio is somewhat useless to me.
User avatar
Hey24sheep
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:10 am

Re: 5$ workaround, to make 99% of all headsets/chat work on

Postby Stotty82 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:43 am

Thanks for the in depth look into my headset mate, it's appreciated you spending time tryingto help me out .

I updated my firmware when I first got the headset, it has a dedicated playstation 4 mode. The settings on psn are already setup as above to.

This headset was originally made for ps3. It originally was totally wireless, using Bluetooth for chat and the hub for the audio out using an optical cable. The problem is there's an issue with Bluetooth connectivity on the ps4 for chat, so the wire is required into the control from the headset. I'm hoping this will be fixed in an update from Sony at some point but don't know when this will be.

My titan one is now in transit over to the UK so shouldn't be too long now.
Stotty82
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Re: 5$ workaround, to make 99% of all headsets/chat work on

Postby tOwely » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:36 am

Stotty82 wrote:Thanks for the in depth look into my headset mate, it's appreciated you spending time tryingto help me out .

I updated my firmware when I first got the headset, it has a dedicated playstation 4 mode. The settings on psn are already setup as above to.

This headset was originally made for ps3. It originally was totally wireless, using Bluetooth for chat and the hub for the audio out using an optical cable. The problem is there's an issue with Bluetooth connectivity on the ps4 for chat, so the wire is required into the control from the headset. I'm hoping this will be fixed in an update from Sony at some point but don't know when this will be.

My titan one is now in transit over to the UK so shouldn't be too long now.


No problem, I just wanted to make sure i wherent saying something wrong in your case, since its very different from mine. Wouldnt feel good to recomend something and then notice that it actually didnt work out for you.
But like i said im 99% sure it will work for you.

There really should be an update to fix this and for the PS4 to support more headsets.
But it really depends on the amount of "greed" they apply to their practices :)
But some newer turtle beach headsets are 100% wireless. So its not impossible that their will be some updates that fixes it for the older ones.

But until then, at least this works :)


For me how ever, i need to return my Xonar U3. :(
It works flawlessly with a normal headset for mobile phones.
But my "Made for iPhone" headsets wont work :/
And it was the same in windows, until i installed the driver. So probably its because when it auto installs it wont recognize the iPhone headsets the right way for some reason. Ive even tried with an adapter for the 4 pole cable that switches the "ground" to another pole. But it didnt work either.

And i really want my totally imba "Sony MDR 1R" headset to work, with out having to run a separate cord just for a mic.
User avatar
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:32 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials and Video Tutorials

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests