Why do people use Titan two & XIM?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Why do people use Titan two & XIM?

Postby what2be » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:21 pm

Obviously im missing something here because I see alot of people using the titan with xim. But I dont know why. Dont they both do the same thing, ie, give you the ability to use a mouse/keyboard with a console game? What does one do the other doesent?
what2be
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Why do people use Titan two & XIM?

Postby antithesis » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:50 am

Xim for mouse. Titan Two for macros.

Titan Two does offer m/kb support, however it's not as plug and play as a Xim. Xim creates input translators tailored to each individual game, whereas you need to do it manually for Titan Two. For games with less than perfect look mechanics, Xim can't be beaten, though T2 has improved significantly.

Given each device costs less than $100, there's no reason not to get both. For me, they go hand in glove as complementary products rather than competitors.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby what2be » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:24 am

yes, that makes sense. I am on the notify list for the XIM Apex but no idea when those are in stock next.

Thanks for explaining it.
what2be
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:06 am

Keep an eye on this thread for advanced notifications - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60637.0

OBsIV has been releasing some units early for the active forum members. By active I just mean checking the above link.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pablosscripts » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:59 pm

Also even if you perfect the aim mechanic on T2 via the editor (which is only really achievable with games that have a great look mechanic like COD or BF)....what happens when the developer changes the look mechanic? You have to rework your T2 curve again. And again. And again.

Some games are notorious for this. Halo 5 has had about 3-4 major changes to its look mechanic. And Rainbow Six Siege has had at least 3 major ones I think.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Titan Two Device