Mapping Keys to health wheel in Apex Legends

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Mapping Keys to health wheel in Apex Legends

Postby RandomCitizen » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:56 am

I very limited experience in this and I have this issue with all games that require the use of the wagon wheel to select more options.

I can see that in most games, when I select anything from the wheel, I should be able to use the mouse movement to select the options but it never works, I use the mouse to choose whatever option i want but it doesn't actually select what i choose. Maybe I am doing this all wrong but I don't know any other way.

I have a XIM Apex and Titan 2.

I use both on my PS4 with A Razer Trinity mouse and a Logitech G13 gaming keypad

I use the gamepacks from Titan 2 and the XIM to map all the keys in game

I am wondering if it is possible to map keys on the keyboard to the health wheel in Apex Legends using the Titan 2 with the combo of the Gamepack and Xim Apex?

So to activate the health wheel you need to push the up arrow on the D-PAD.

This brings up a wheel that you use the stick to select your options like syringe and shield restore.

I have to stop playing, pick up the PS4 joy stick, press the up arrow, use the right stick to choose between either syringe or shield , put down the joy stick and then press the up arrow on the keypad to use the selected item.

Would it be possible to map either the syringe or shield to separate keys on the keypad? Or to have the option to map everything in the wheel to buttons on the keypad?

I would like to extend this to all games and use things like "thank you, need medic, need ammo etc" in other games with the various wagon wheel options.
Attachments
Apex Legens Health Wheel.JPG
Apex Legens Health Wheel.JPG (36.5 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
RandomCitizen
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Mapping Keys to health wheel in Apex Legends

Postby alanmcgregor » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:15 am

The Apex Legends Advanced Script has direct keys for syringe, medkit, phoenix, shield etc.

You choose the key on your keyboard or numeric keypad, when press automatically is going to select and use the item. No need to mess with the wheel.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11906

Now if you want the direct keys on your mouse, that's a bit more complicated but it can be done.

You can use my other script Apex Legends Essential Script instead.

In that script has the same functionality but, instead of a direct key, uses a combo of buttons to enable a direct selection, as follows:

HOLD Square|X
PRESS Item Button*
RELEASE Square|X

Item buttons are:

e.g. If you want a syringe the activation sequence is: Hold Square, Press Up D-Pad, Release Square, right?
Well if your mouse supports onboard macros, and you can assign a macro on the buttons in your mouse, record a macro that presses that sequence, matching the mapping you have on XIM Manager.
e.g. XIM manager:
Up D-Pad = UP Arrow key
Square|X = E

If on a button in your mouse you record a macro like:

Press Down E key
Press Down UP Arrow key
- delay of 20 ms -
Press Up Up Arrow key
- delay of 20 ms -
Press Up E key

This way if you press that macro button ,is going to do the sequence for you and activate the direct selection with one button press :smile0517: .

Update I read you have G13 and Razer Trinity, well you can do this on both your mouse or your keypad :)

Credit to glitchbish who shared the combos for the direct selection.
alanmcgregor
Major
Major

Postby RandomCitizen » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:24 am

Thanks for this info, ill definitely try it when i get home.

Can I use this Apex Legends Advanced Script together with the Apex Legends Gamepack?
RandomCitizen
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby RandomCitizen » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Ok I have tested the advanced script, i cant get it to work. Must my G13 be plugged directly into the XIM APEX or Titan 2 port B?

I have tried both and it does not pick up the keys I mapped to the G13 in the advanced script tool.

Am I missing something?
RandomCitizen
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby alanmcgregor » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:43 pm

If you connect the G13 on Titan Two Input B you will need a Input Translator.

Check the first page, there is a guide on how to set up everything.

If you prefer the G13 on your XIM Apex, then I suggest using the macros I explain above with the Essential Script. (more complex)

The easiest way possible, if you want G13 on XIM APEX hub, is getting a numeric keypad and connect it to Titan Two Input B, (you wont need an input translator) then on the script config you pres the Numeric Key Pad preset and all the items will have a direct key, you can change it to your liking.
alanmcgregor
Major
Major

Postby RandomCitizen » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:53 am

Alan thanks for helping me, I am struggling with the Input translator, I tried to download the G13.gph file but I am lost there as well.

I configure the G13 on my PC thinking I have saved a profile, then I plug it into the Titant2 on port B and none of the keys work. The learning curve is steep for me as I have no experience with the scripting.

You mention this: The easiest way possible, if you want G13 on XIM APEX hub, is getting a numeric keypad and connect it to Titan Two Input B, (you wont need an input translator) then on the script config you pres the Numeric Key Pad preset and all the items will have a direct key, you can change it to your liking.

If I do this, I have my XIM APEX plugged into port A, I have the Razer trinity and Logitech G13 plugged into the XIM APEX, I then have a numeric keypad plugged into port B on titan2, I assign the keys using your script. but does that mean I have to take my hand off the G13 while playing and push the buttons on the Numeric Keypad? Or just by having the buttons assigned to the keypad I can somehow control that from the G13?
RandomCitizen
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Titan Two Device