Any plans to support the Scuf Vantage?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Any plans to support the Scuf Vantage?

Postby XxUnkn0wnxX » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:31 am

ye i noticed vantage uses its own firmware rather then of a standard ps4 controllers. i needed to pair it via the bluetooth function manually to get wireless mode to work. as it does not auto pair like the normal ps4 controllers do.

does this controller work with titan two? because i was considering getting one..
XxUnkn0wnxX
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:52 am

XxUnkn0wnxX wrote:ye i noticed vantage uses its own firmware rather then of a standard ps4 controllers. i needed to pair it via the bluetooth function manually to get wireless mode to work. as it does not auto pair like the normal ps4 controllers do. does this controller work with titan two? because i was considering getting one..

Correct. the Vantage needs a special initialization procedure in order to work (just adding the corresponding VID:PID to the firmware was not enough). Early next year I will be purchasing one to debug the protocol.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby ReaLife7 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:26 pm

Happy Holidays!

XxUnkn0wnxX wrote: i needed to pair it via the bluetooth function manually to get wireless mode to work. as it does not auto pair like the normal ps4 controllers do.

How would I go about doing this? I have the Titan Two w/ Bluetooth Module and I am trying to connect it to the Scuf Vantage wirelessly to the PS4. It's okay if I have to do it manually for the exact time being.

Thanks!
ReaLife7
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:14 am

ReaLife7 wrote:How would I go about doing this? I have the Titan Two w/ Bluetooth Module and I am trying to connect it to the Scuf Vantage wirelessly to the PS4. It's okay if I have to do it manually for the exact time being.!

Hello, please note the wireless support for the Vantage is not yet available. We expect release an update adding this feature very early next year.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby finlogue38 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:27 am

So is scuf vantage support only available with the titan two or should it work with the titan one as well?
finlogue38
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:11 am

finlogue38 wrote:So is scuf vantage support only available with the titan two or should it work with the titan one as well?

We will also work to add support for the Vantage on the Titan One. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby finlogue38 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:51 am

So is there already support for the vantage with the titan two. If so are there any additional updates/downloads to make it work.
finlogue38
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:18 pm

Partially, the VID:PID of the Vantage was already added to the Titan Two firmware, however this was not enough to make the controller fully work with the device. I will be getting the Vantage early next year for further check the controller's requirements.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby finlogue38 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:47 am

If I wanted to use my vantage on my Xbox would that work fine with the titan two. I have no interest in modding, all I want is cross compatibility with the controller.
finlogue38
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:30 am

finlogue38 wrote:If I wanted to use my vantage on my Xbox would that work fine with the titan two. I have no interest in modding, all I want is cross compatibility with the controller.

Correct, you can expect this to work as soon as the support for the Vantage is added on the Titan Two.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device