Connecting TitanOne to Original Xbox

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Connecting TitanOne to Original Xbox

Postby Jbbrack03 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:33 pm

Hi all, I'm stopping in to get some advice. I'm working a project that would potentially allow me to stream my Original Xbox to any device that I want. Here's the idea:

1. Connect the Original Xbox to a Capture Card using HDMI (there are HDMI Cable Adapters available for the OG Xbox)
2. Connect the Original Xbox to a TitanOne via USB, and then connect the TitanOne to my PC.
3. Use a program called Parsec to stream the video output from the Capture Card to any device that I want. TitanOne would pass along the Original Xbox as a Xbox One Controller through the Parsec Program.

In theory this setup should work. The exact same setup works with a Xbox 360. The trick with the original Xbox is getting it connected to the TitanOne and then passed along to Console Tuner as a Xbox One controller. That's the part that I need help with. I saw someone suggest in a random post a few years ago that you could use a OG Xbox to PS2 Adapter connected to a PS2 to PS4 USB Adapter to a PS4 to Xbox One Adapter. In theory this could maybe work, but I'm concerned about compatibility throughout the chain and input latency. Plus those adapters are around $40 each.

So I'm stopping in to see if anyone has a better idea or has tried something like this successfully (even if you've only confirmed that part of the chain works). I'd appreciate any input and advice.
Jbbrack03
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Connecting TitanOne to Original Xbox

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:46 am

Currently the Titan One does not support the original Xbox console. We have plans to add the support for this console on the Titan Two, however this will require an USB adapter for the controller port on the console.

Maybe exists a Xbox360 to Xbox Original adapter, so you don't need chain two adapters. In this case all you will need to do is set the output protocol of the Titan One to XB360.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Connecting TitanOne to Original Xbox

Postby Jbbrack03 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:56 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Currently the Titan One does not support the original Xbox console. We have plans to add the support for this console on the Titan Two, however this will require an USB adapter for the controller port on the console.

Maybe exists a Xbox360 to Xbox Original adapter, so you don't need chain two adapters. In this case all you will need to do is set the output protocol of the Titan One to XB360.

This is exciting news! I already have an OG Xbox to USB Cable. Any idea of when this will be implemented on the Titan Two? I'll definitely grab one once this feature is ready to go.
Jbbrack03
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Titan One Device