Titan Two and XIM Apex .. why? Keyboard/Mouse OEMs?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Titan Two and XIM Apex .. why? Keyboard/Mouse OEMs?

Postby raybro » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:01 pm

bonefisher wrote:The sample of BO4 I put up has the translator built into it so all you would do is load it and test to see if all the buttons are working the way you want!

Ok I’ll give yours a try. So I’m guessing there’s no way to modify the K&M Translator to incorporate the Orbweaver’s key codes as the Keyboard Mapping input choices? I was hoping to use the K&M Tranlsator independently of my scripts so I can tweak it using the K&M GUI without having to code the changes.
raybro
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby raybro » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:18 am

bonefisher wrote:
raybro wrote:On performance APEX vs Titan Two I find no different if setup right which it is a little bit hard at first setting up the Titan 2 but once you find setting it will be a breeze after that.... actually like T2 for KB&M play! I will admit it pissed me off in the beginning and went back to apex many of times till my tinkering got it right!

What DPI and Sensitivity mouse settings do you use for KBM with the T2 alone? I’m using the PUBG KBM Translator and have tried a huge range of DPI and Sensitivity combos with the Translator’s preset X/Y curve and Deadzones and I can’t get the look mechanics in PUBG to respond anywhere close to the XB1 controller mechanics. The response is terribly skewed between the “free look” movement (General Sensitivity in PUBG) which is MUCH faster/more sensitive than the ADS look mechanics, even when changing the in game sensitivity settings to account for this (eg General Sensitivity to “1” and all Scope Settings to “20”). I set the DPI and Translator Sensitivity settings according to the standard DPI test which should allow for 180 degree turn with a 40 cm mouse movement. The problem is that with these settings the ADS options only give you about 30-45 degrees with a 40 cm movement. I’m assuming this has something to do with the game’s interpretation of mouse data but the PUBG Translator definitely doesn’t compensate for this and I can’t figure out any way to overcome this huge difference between free look as ADS mechanics. I’m about ready to just throw in the towel and just get a XIM at this point!! :grumpy:
raybro
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:32 pm

I have not read all the topic. Will just add some comments for using mouse directly plugged into the Titan Two.

For the best results configure your mouse to its highest DPI and be sure the DPI is correctly configured in the device's configuration. I use a G502 mouse at 12000DPI, so In Gtuner IV -> Device Configuration I have 12000 in the Mouse DPI field.

Next step is configure the game settings with the same values the Input Translator was optimized, for example PUBG:

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... figuration

Then download the Input Translator and open in the editor, here you can customize the key mappings and, at the Mouse XY Conversion area, configure ONLY the sensitivity parameter for your preference. Load the Input Translator on the device to test.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Buffy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:35 pm

If your ADS sensitivity is too low, be sure to change your ADS sen in the input translator (click the button circled by pink)

In all honesty, the XIM will provide an easier UI for the user to setup their config, but the overall mouse translation difference will be negligible, and you can use scripts with the T2.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || Discord || Custom Scripts
Buffy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby raybro » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:47 am

J2Kbr wrote:I have not read all the topic. Will just add some comments for using mouse directly plugged into the Titan Two.

For the best results configure your mouse to its highest DPI and be sure the DPI is correctly configured in the device's configuration. I use a G502 mouse at 12000DPI, so In Gtuner IV -> Device Configuration I have 12000 in the Mouse DPI field.

Next step is configure the game settings with the same values the Input Translator was optimized, for example PUBG:

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... figuration

Then download the Input Translator and open in the editor, here you can customize the key mappings and, at the Mouse XY Conversion area, configure ONLY the sensitivity parameter for your preference. Load the Input Translator on the device to test.

I’m using the same Logitech G502 and have already done exactly what you described (DPI at 12000, in-game settings as outlined in the Docs for the Input Translator, etc). . The problem remains that regardless of the Sensitivity setting in the Translator, there is a HUGE difference between the “free look” sensitivity and ADS sensitivity in the game that doesn’t exists when using the XB1 controller analog sticks. It appears impossible to set up the sensitivity to get matching response in both free look and ADS for competitive play. Here is a video outlining how DPI and sensitivity should be set for proper competitive play in an FPS that explains what I’m talking about:

. https://youtu.be/b9d7dFId8t4
raybro
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby raybro » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:13 am

Buffy wrote:If your ADS sensitivity is too low, be sure to change your ADS sen in the input translator (click the button circled by pink)

In all honesty, the XIM will provide an easier UI for the user to setup their config, but the overall mouse translation difference will be negligible, and you can use scripts with the T2.

This ALT setting addresses the issue perfectly - thanks for the tip! :smile0203:

I wasn’t even aware this was built into the Translator, as there is no description of this function in the instructions for this Translator.

J2Kbr - please update the instructions ( “Docs” link) for this PUBG Input Translator to include a couple sentences describing this Alt Sensitivity function for ADS so the next guy won’t have to waste many hours struggling with this issue too!! :grumpy:
raybro
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:30 am

raybro wrote:J2Kbr - please update the instructions ( “Docs” link) for this PUBG Input Translator to include a couple sentences describing this Alt Sensitivity function for ADS so the next guy won’t have to waste many hours struggling with this issue too!! :grumpy:

Definitely. Sorry about that. As it was me that developed the software, some aspects seems to be obvious and I forgot to document properly.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby raybro » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:35 am

J2Kbr wrote:
raybro wrote:J2Kbr - please update the instructions ( “Docs” link) for this PUBG Input Translator to include a couple sentences describing this Alt Sensitivity function for ADS so the next guy won’t have to waste many hours struggling with this issue too!! :grumpy:

Definitely. Sorry about that. As it was me that developed the software, some aspects seems to be obvious and I forgot to document properly.

No apologies necessary - it’s a great Translator and you clearly thought of everything when creating it :smile0517: ... even if you didn’t mention it lol!
raybro
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby raybro » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:58 pm

J2Kbr wrote:

What is the best way to increase the “smoothing” of mouse movements (eg reducing the jerky twitching (but not jitter) due to constant small motions) using this Translator? Increase deadzone amounts? Decrease the T2 and mouse polling rates to 500 Hz? Any other recommendation?

Also, what function does the “DD Factor” amount in this Translator refer to?
raybro
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Buffy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:08 am

raybro wrote:What is the best way to increase the “smoothing” of mouse movements (eg reducing the jerky twitching (but not jitter) due to constant small motions) using this Translator? Increase deadzone amounts? Decrease the T2 and mouse polling rates to 500 Hz? Any other recommendation?

Also, what function does the “DD Factor” amount in this Translator refer to?

Make sure to use the highest DPI your mouse can do (I know this may sound weird, because high DPI is not the best for gaming, but it gives the T2 more information to translate to controller inputs), 4000+ DPI is preferred, and be sure to set the DPI in Gtuner to match.

As for DD factor, and deadzone, do not change theses. These have been changed specifically to match the games settings.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || Discord || Custom Scripts
Buffy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Titan Two Device