Switch PS4 on through API?

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Switch PS4 on through API?

Postby chv » Tue May 21, 2019 1:13 am

Topic.

So far I have been unsuccessful. I have send short and long PS button presses, but if the PS4 is off, then nothing happens.

So, is it possible to switch the PS4 on through the API?
chv
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Switch PS4 on through API?

Postby J2Kbr » Tue May 21, 2019 12:00 pm

With the Titan Two connected to the console over USB connection is not possible power on the console using the controller, as the USB protocol does not provides such feature (with exception of XB1 that has a proprietary API for that).

If the connection with the console is over Bluetooth, power on the console (including the PS4) with controller + Titan Two is possible.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby chv » Tue May 21, 2019 1:28 pm

I have the Titan One. I guess it's the same for that one, right?
chv
Corporal
Corporal

Postby chv » Tue May 21, 2019 1:32 pm

One more thought: The controller is connected to the Titan One, which is plugged into the PS4. When I press the PS button on the controller, then I can power on the PS4. Am I right that all button presses from the controller are processed by the micro controller in the Titan One? So, why is it not possible to imitate the long button press or the PS button and do the same purely through software?
chv
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Tue May 21, 2019 3:44 pm

chv wrote:Am I right that all button presses from the controller are processed by the micro controller in the Titan One?

This assumption is correct.

chv wrote:So, why is it not possible to imitate the long button press or the PS button and do the same purely through software?

The PS4 controller, even when plugged to the console via USB cable, first connects over Bluetooth to power the PS4 on. Only after that the Bluetooth connection is closed and the data communication is performed exclusively over USB.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby chv » Tue May 21, 2019 4:57 pm

Darn. That explains it.

My problem is that the PS4 is completely if a short power outage occurs. When this happens while I am on a business trip, then my AutoGrinder software (Thats's a software I wrote to automatically grind through Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 (autogrinder.weebly.com)) can't get the PS4 up and running again.

So I guess that I have to so something physically.
chv
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Titan One Device