Titan Two Firmware 1.05-BETA

Official news and announcements from the ConsoleTuner team.

Re: Titan Two Firmware 1.05-BETA (FEEDBACK NEEDED)

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:49 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
Raptor wrote:Yes its causing the E4 error with my ds4 in b slot and c40 in a slot. It also disconnected my titan 2 with No device detected.
Thank you for confirming. The "USB Multi HID Interface" output protocol has 3 endpoints to keep up synced. For optimizations reasons, I skipped an important checking for two of theses endpoints (keyboard and joystick). However, it is clear these checking are needed, going to fix that asap.

I have just released revision 1 of the 1.05-beta fixing this issue, could you please check if solved the E4 error? Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby DontAtMe » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:53 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
J2Kbr wrote:Correct, it is related with this changelog. In the case you described, what may be happening is, by pressing the Xbox button, the console -for some reason- momentarily stops polling the controller (here the Titan Two), causing the Titan Two to use buffering for the output packets. When this situation is detected, the Titan Two will try re-sync with the console each 128ms, when the re-sync succeed, the output LED goes back to green.

On a second thought, what also can cause output de-sync is a peak of CPU load on the Titan Two. Maybe your script is doing some heavy processing when pressing the Xbox button, causing the Titan Two to miss the opportunity window (approx. 25us) to send the data to the console in time for that USB frame, which ends storing the output data in a buffer to be send in the next USB frame.

This is without any scripts running,

I also don't think this is isolated to me, as I can reproduce the same behaviour on another Titan Two.

This happens even when my Xbox Controllers are in Bluetooth mode.

I also find it weird how the input translator does not trigger the orange light when activating BUTTON_1 with my keyboard.
As this should have the same effect as actually pressing the Xbox button.

If its worth mentioning, The Output does a single flash from green to orange upon pressing the Xbox Button, and once again when I release the Xbox Button,

The only thing that does not cause the output to flash orange when pressing the Xbox button, is when I change slots with the controller which requires you to actually press the Xbox Button.

I have not experienced any disconnections from the orange light, I just wanted know know if it was normal behaviour. This is very simple for me to reproduce, Do you need a video,

Oh, also this does not happen in any other output besides Xbox One,
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:20 pm

DontAtMe wrote:If its worth mentioning, The Output does a single flash from green to orange upon pressing the Xbox Button, and once again when I release the Xbox Button

You are absolutely right. The Xbox button is reported to the XB1 using a dedicated data packet (it is not part of the regular buttons/triggers/sticks data packet). This is what is happening: when the Xbox button is pressed, it generates its own data packet which utilizes a USB frame to be send to the console. The Titan Two unsuccessfully try send the regular data packet on this same USB frame, which causes buffering and triggers the orange LED. There is nothing to worry, this situation is automatically recovered within 128ms. Also, it is important to say that buffering were being used since day one, so you will not have any detrimental impact on performance (compared with previous firmware) when the output LED is orange.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby DontAtMe » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:39 pm

Okay, well now I just came across an issue,

When changing slots, some times BUTTON_1 will become active. The only thing that turns it off is pressing either of the shoulder buttons, but as soon as I release the shoulder button BUTTON_1 stays active. Resetting the Titan Two is required to fix this issue.

Also, when this happens, The orange light will now be triggered with the press of either shoulder button, from there on words as well.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:57 pm

DontAtMe wrote:Okay, well now I just came across an issue, When changing slots, some times BUTTON_1 will become active. The only thing that turns it off is pressing either of the shoulder buttons, but as soon as I release the shoulder button BUTTON_1 stays active. Resetting the Titan Two is required to fix this issue. Also, when this happens, The orange light will now be triggered with the press of either shoulder button, from there on words as well.

Please try with beta revision 2 just made available. It should fix the described issue as well as prevent orange LED when pressing the Xbox button.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby DontAtMe » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:02 am

works great, thanks. :smile0517:
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:40 am

DontAtMe wrote:works great, thanks. :smile0517:

Great. :) This is what I did: If a Xbox button packet is send, the Titan Two does not tries send the regular data packet in the same USB frame (therefore, waiting for the next frame for that), keeping the output synchronization.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby jelly44 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:38 am

J2Kbr wrote:Basically 3 points:

1) everything is working expected?
2) can be noticed (for good or bad) any difference on performance/response time/lag/cpu load?
3) any controller that before was not working, is now working?

Thanks.

My Feedback, not that it is going to provide you with anything extraordinary :D

Current Setup:
DS4 to T2 and T2 to PS4 Pro all via Bluetooth
Mouse to Input A
Keyboard via KMG capture

1) Yes, output and input pulling rate at 1000 Hz - no issues noted
2) I believe it improved the CPU load for the BFV script I was running last night. It was almost always below 2%. Other then that I am not sure I've noticed anything. It was smooth for me before
3) n/a

I'll keep the beta till the final version is released - if that is not a problem of course - just so I know I'm finally using my mouse at 1000 Hz :D
- My recommendation for learning C programming: 'C Programming Absolute Beginner's Guide'
- Create your own scripts with GPC2 Scripting
jelly44
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:54 am

Thank you jelly44 for the feedback. :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Scachi » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:37 am

No issues recognized, usage time: ~3 hours

FW: 1.5.1.2
Setup: DS4v1.bluetooth->T2.usb->PS4pro
Config:
  • Output Protocol: USB Automatic
  • Output Polling Rate: 1000Hz (1ms)
  • Input Polling Rate: 1000Hz (1ms)

Does the Input Polling Rate settings apply (and has an effect) to all types of connections (usb/bluetooth/Input-A,Input-B, OTG) or only for specific ones ?
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements