Titan Two Firmware 1.05-BETA

Official news and announcements from the ConsoleTuner team.

Re: Titan Two Firmware 1.05-BETA (FEEDBACK NEEDED)

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:50 pm

For Astro C40 owners, I need one more checking:

- Titan Two connected to PS4 via output port.
- And also connected to the computer.
- Gtuner IV running and opened on Device Monitor.

Plug the C40 into Input-A, wait couple seconds.

Based in your previous feedback, the PS4 will not respond to the controllers inputs.

Questions:

1) Does the status LED of Input-A is green? as well as for the output status LED?

2) On Device Monitor is possible see the controller inputs being activated as normal?

Thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby DontAtMe » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:59 pm

Is it normal for the output light to flash orange when pressing the Xbox button, on my Xbox one controller ?

Only the Xbox button can reproduce this, Using a input translator or script to activate BUTTON_1 by other means does not produce the same behaviour.

Is it related to this?
* USB Output: Output LED turns orange to indicate buffering (not synced) is being used for output packets
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby Raptor_Titan2 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:23 pm

J2Kbr wrote:For Astro C40 owners, I need one more checking:

- Titan Two connected to PS4 via output port.
- And also connected to the computer.
- Gtuner IV running and opened on Device Monitor.

Plug the C40 into Input-A, wait couple seconds.

Based in your previous feedback, the PS4 will not respond to the controllers inputs.

Questions:

1) Does the status LED of Input-A is green? as well as for the output status LED?

2) On Device Monitor is possible see the controller inputs being activated as normal?

Thank you.

Answer is yes...
Answer is no while output to ps4 is on but yes when output is off.
But wired mode presses the ps button at full press and holds there true and only that button by its self.
Wireless mode does nothing when output is on. When output is off works as it should.

Ok I checked it out and played around with it all.
Yes both colors are green on A slot and output but when you get to this point the device monitor
Show the ps button being pressed at 100 percent and freezes there.
But if you don't hook up to ps4 with output the device monitor works as it should all buttons work correctly.
I don't know if this is a issue inreguards to the fact you can not turn your ps4 on directly with c40 ps button. But seems weird that when connecting properly device monitor shows ps button being stuck at 100 percent press.

Also the c40 works with otg in program slot but seeks for authorization and times out at 10 minutes with touchpad and share button being swapped..

WIRELESS MODE WITH C40 BLUETOOTH DONGLE BELOW.
Similar results both colors are green but device monitor does nothing it does not show ps button being pressed like
Wired mode does.
Last edited by Raptor_Titan2 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raptor_Titan2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:28 pm

DontAtMe wrote:Is it normal for the output light to flash orange when pressing the Xbox button, on my Xbox one controller ? Only the Xbox button can reproduce this, Using a input translator or script to activate BUTTON_1 by other means does not produce the same behaviour. Is it related to this?
* USB Output: Output LED turns orange to indicate buffering (not synced) is being used for output packets

Correct, it is related with this changelog. In the case you described, what may be happening is, by pressing the Xbox button, the console -for some reason- momentarily stops polling the controller (here the Titan Two), causing the Titan Two to use buffering for the output packets. When this situation is detected, the Titan Two will try re-sync with the console each 128ms, when the re-sync succeed, the output LED goes back to green.

The output synchronization literally turned the Titan Two into a zero lag device, using the controller directly connected to the console, or via the Titan Two results in the same measured frame delay (button press to screen action). I cannot say more at this moment, but this result was verified by third-party/independent personal, including comparison of the Titan Two with just the controller directly plugged on the console and with other devices. The results for the Titan Two were very good and impressive. For example, on PS4 with DS4 controller, if setting both the output and input polling rate to 1000Hz, is possible to reduce 7.5ms from the regular controller frame delay. :shocked: :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:40 pm

Raptor wrote:Ok I checked it out and played around with it all.
Yes both colors are green on A slot and output but when you get to this point the device monitor
Show the ps button being pressed at 100 percent and freezes there.
But if you don't hook up to ps4 with output the device monitor works as it should all buttons work correctly.
I don't know if this is a issue inreguards to the fact you can not turn your ps4 on directly with c40 ps button. But seems weird that when connecting properly device monitor shows ps button being stuck at 100 percent press.

Also the c40 works with otg in program slot but seeks for authorization and times out at 10 minutes with touchpad and share button being swapped..

WIRELESS MODE WITH C40 BLUETOOTH DONGLE BELOW.
Similar results both colors are green but device monitor does nothing it does not show ps button being pressed like
Wired mode does.

Thank you, your inputs will be very helpful for debug this issue. I am working on this.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Mad » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:49 pm

J2Kbr wrote:if setting both the output and input polling rate to 1000Hz, is possible to reduce 7.5ms from the regular controller frame delay. :shocked: :smile0517:

Impressive :joia: :joia:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:28 pm

One more check: can any one verify if the "USB Multi HID Interface" output protocol is causing E4 error (out-of-memory)? Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Raptor_Titan2 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:39 pm

Raptor wrote:
J2Kbr wrote:One more check: can any one verify if the "USB Multi HID Interface" output protocol is causing E4 error (out-of-memory)? Thanks.

Yes its causing the E4 error with my ds4 in b slot and c40 in a slot. It also disconnected my titan 2 with
No device detected.
Raptor_Titan2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:43 pm

Raptor wrote:
Raptor wrote:
J2Kbr wrote:One more check: can any one verify if the "USB Multi HID Interface" output protocol is causing E4 error (out-of-memory)? Thanks.
Yes its causing the E4 error with my ds4 in b slot and c40 in a slot. It also disconnected my titan 2 with No device detected.

Thank you for confirming. The "USB Multi HID Interface" output protocol has 3 endpoints to keep up synced. For optimizations reasons, I skipped an important checking for two of theses endpoints (keyboard and joystick). However, it is clear these checking are needed, going to fix that asap.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:48 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
DontAtMe wrote:Is it normal for the output light to flash orange when pressing the Xbox button, on my Xbox one controller ? Only the Xbox button can reproduce this, Using a input translator or script to activate BUTTON_1 by other means does not produce the same behaviour. Is it related to this?

Correct, it is related with this changelog. In the case you described, what may be happening is, by pressing the Xbox button, the console -for some reason- momentarily stops polling the controller (here the Titan Two), causing the Titan Two to use buffering for the output packets. When this situation is detected, the Titan Two will try re-sync with the console each 128ms, when the re-sync succeed, the output LED goes back to green.

On a second thought, what also can cause output de-sync is a peak of CPU load on the Titan Two. Maybe your script is doing some heavy processing when pressing the Xbox button, causing the Titan Two to miss the opportunity window (approx. 25us) to send the data to the console in time for that USB frame, which ends storing the output data in a buffer to be send in the next USB frame.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements