Gtuner IV 1.07 PUBLIC RELEASE: Computer Vision

Official news and announcements from the ConsoleTuner team.

Re: [WIN & MAC Feb-25] Gtuner IV 1.07 BETA-20 (Computer Visi

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:58 am

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:The font sizes are all screwed up now. I use 4k resolution on my laptop with font scaled to 175%. Some of the panes (file explorer, code editor) are correct; however, many panes (online library, output) are not sizing correctly. I tried rebooting, using different graphics driver, readjusting display settings, resetting layouts, etc. Unfortunately, none of the things that I tried worked. Any suggestions?

In the Gtuner Preferences, there is now an option to enable scaling for High DPI monitors:
GtunerHighDPIMonitors.png
GtunerHighDPIMonitors.png (18 KiB) Viewed 3954 times
After enabling this option, close Gtuner and launch it again for the scaling take effect.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby boondoggle » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:51 pm

I managed to get a CV script working with Fortnite. The problem I'm experiencing, that I hope someone can help me with is that I can only use it when the game is running in Windowed Fullscreen or Windowed mode. If I select Fullscreen (my preference to avoid lag and get better FPS), the capture stops. I'm running 3 monitors and having Gtuner capture Display #1.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
boondoggle
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:49 pm

boondoggle wrote:I managed to get a CV script working with Fortnite.

Great!! Please consider publish your GCV script on Gtuner's Online Resources. :smile0517:

boondoggle wrote:The problem I'm experiencing, that I hope someone can help me with is that I can only use it when the game is running in Windowed Fullscreen or Windowed mode. If I select Fullscreen (my preference to avoid lag and get better FPS), the capture stops. I'm running 3 monitors and having Gtuner capture Display #1. Any ideas?

The capture stops? or you get just black screen?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby boondoggle » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:56 pm

The capture stops? or you get just black screen?

I have Gtuner on one monitor and my game on another. I can see the CV capture just freeze as soon as I'm in the game. If I tab out of the game, it starts capturing again. But as soon as I put focus back to the game, the capture stops again. Whatever the last frame captured is just frozen in Gtuner. Also... If I go to the device monitor tab, I can see that Gtuner is still reading my controller and my non-CV scripts still work.
boondoggle
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:24 pm

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I still don't know why the display capture "freezes" when the game has focus in full-screen mode. I will be investigating.

When the freeze happens, the FPS counter on Gtuner's CV panel drops to 0?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby UK_Wildcats » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:45 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:The font sizes are all screwed up now. I use 4k resolution on my laptop with font scaled to 175%. Some of the panes (file explorer, code editor) are correct; however, many panes (online library, output) are not sizing correctly. I tried rebooting, using different graphics driver, readjusting display settings, resetting layouts, etc. Unfortunately, none of the things that I tried worked. Any suggestions?

In the Gtuner Preferences, there is now an option to enable scaling for High DPI monitors:
After enabling this option, close Gtuner and launch it again for the scaling take effect.

Thank you.

BTW - I really like the splash screen on startup. This is a great addition considering the startup time for Gtuner.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Gjin Yuko » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:35 pm

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:
J2Kbr wrote:

Thank you.

BTW - I really like the splash screen on startup. This is a great addition considering the startup time for Gtuner.

+1
YouTube /Gjin Yuko
Facebook /Gjin Yuko
Twitter /Gjin Yuko
Discord /Gjin Yuko
Xbox /Gjin Yuko
Playstation Dont have one, Xbox is the better Console :P
Gjin Yuko
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Mad » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:40 pm

boondoggle wrote:I have Gtuner on one monitor and my game on another. I can see the CV capture just freeze as soon as I'm in the game.

I'm assuming your pdxDeveloper from Discord? Is your CPU still sitting at 100%?
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby boondoggle » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:12 pm

Mad wrote:
boondoggle wrote:I have Gtuner on one monitor and my game on another. I can see the CV capture just freeze as soon as I'm in the game.

I'm assuming your pdxDeveloper from Discord? Is your CPU still sitting at 100%?

Yes same person. Well, it isn't quite 100%, but above 90% when running both Windowed Fullscreen and Fullscreen. If I stop CV it drops to 60%. Which would indicate that CV may still be running in Fullscreen mode but I just don't see anything happening.
boondoggle
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:22 pm

For reference, when running the apex_legend GCV script my CPU load is around 23% (Quad Core i7-4770K, 8 threads).
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements