Gtuner IV and Titan Two 1.08 BETA Release

Official news and announcements from the ConsoleTuner team.

Re: Gtuner IV and Titan Two 1.08 BETA Release

Postby Buffy » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:59 pm

antithesis wrote:
J2Kbr wrote:Definitively, this feature is something we can be improving in future updates. :smile0517: Currently this feature allows extend the maximum size of a script by splitting it in several parts. For example, by coding a script file for each character of a fighting game and then dynamically load the character bytecode according the users choice.

Wait, what :shocked: ...we talked about this years ago, it's finally happening :smile0208:

So it'll be possible to say have a class selection menu in Battlefield, then load a different GBC file, depending on class?

Likewise, this would cover the weapon packs we discussed with Scachi for games like Destiny 2. Pick a Primary, Secondary and Heavy from menus and get weapon-specific rapid-fire, recoil etc. This was already possible, but we hit the bytecode limit.

This exponentially increases the size and quantity of mods we can use and should be posted on a giant neon sign!

CV combined with an easier way to install GBC (used to have to manually eject the sd and install with an adapter) will make scripts bigger and better, especially for your case :joia:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || Discord || Custom Scripts
Buffy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:01 pm

Scachi wrote:But I missed the option to bundle multiple .gbc files into a single download and an automated install for those kind of scripts with all included gbc files to sd. I think it is still not possible to have those automatically installed onto the sd or bundled into a single download ?

Buffy wrote:CV combined with an easier way to install GBC (used to have to manually eject the sd and install with an adapter) will make scripts bigger and better, especially for your case :joia:

Feature implemented. Gtuner IV 1.08B-1 already available for testing. :smile0517:

All bytecode files referred by script_load() are now included when publishing a work.

If the user drag-and-drop the work from Online Resources to a memory slot, the additional bytecode files are stored in the Micro-SD Card automatically.

If the user choose to download the work to local disk, then each bytecode file must be loaded to the Micro-SD Card manually.

For publishing, each additional bytecode must be first generated via menu Compiler -> Build Bytecode...

Code: Select all
* Publishing: Include bytecode files referred by script_load() when publishing scripts {GitHub#286}
* File Explorer: Added icon, enabled listing and install operation of bytecode files (*.gbc)
* Online Resources: Support for works containing GBC files to be stored in the Micro-SD Card
* Memory Slot: Accept drop of bytecode files to be stored into the  Micro-SD Card of Titan Two
* Memory Slot: Support drop of works containing GBC files to be stored in the Micro-SD Card
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:02 pm

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:Jefferson, It has truly been wonderful watching the development of the software and hardware. Congratulations and great job. Terry

Thank you very much. :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby antithesis » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:27 am

J2Kbr wrote:Feature implemented. Gtuner IV 1.08B-1 already available for testing. :smile0517:

All bytecode files referred by script_load() are now included when publishing a work.

If the user drag-and-drop the work from Online Resources to a memory slot, the additional bytecode files are stored in the Micro-SD Card automatically.

If the user choose to download the work to local disk, then each bytecode file must be loaded to the Micro-SD Card manually.

:shocked: ...speechless.

I have held back on writing new scripts for maybe 2 years until I could do exactly what I wanted using half-baked, unoptimised code. 32GB of micro-SD storage means my time has come :a1chill_angry1:

Being forced to stay indoors 24/7 is working out pretty well for all of us :innocent_smile_1:

Brilliant work J2K, this is a hefty kick in the nuts for Zen in terms of script size and bytecode limits.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby TrayDay » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:12 am

antithesis wrote:
J2Kbr wrote:Feature implemented. Gtuner IV 1.08B-1 already available for testing. :smile0517:

:shocked: ...speechless.

I have held back on writing new scripts for maybe 2 years until I could do exactly what I wanted using half-baked, unoptimised code. 32GB of micro-SD storage means my time has come :a1chill_angry1:

Being forced to stay indoors 24/7 is working out pretty well for all of us :innocent_smile_1:

Brilliant work J2K, this is a hefty kick in the nuts for Zen in terms of script size and bytecode limits.

Jeff done opened up a can of worms with this one. Lol.
Thank you for this update!
TrayDay
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:38 pm

Thank you antithesis and TrayDay. There is more to come in this field (yet in this beta period). :wink:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Scachi » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:23 pm

J2Kbr wrote:-- UPDATE April 25th --
Input Translator Editor: The user can now select console based labels for the IO identifiers.
io_labeling.png

GPC Scripting: Input Translators files can now be directly added to a script source code with preprocessor directive #import "<filename>", example:
#import "#03-temp.git"

init {
    remapper(_03_temp_cmap);
    keymapping(_03_temp_kmap);
    mousemapping(_03_temp_mmap);
    mxyconverter(_03_temp_mxyc);
}
More details here: https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... =t2:import

This one is so cool. Its now possible to use multiple mappings in code while still being able to use the git editor to do the adjustments.
Is it possible to free up parts that I don't need to save scriptsize ?
For example here I am using 4 files but only use specific parts of them:
#import "z__default.git"   //mm_hip        kmap_hip        mxyc_hip (default) mxyc_ads (alternate)
#import "z_ads.git"        //mm_ads        kmap_ads
#import "z_inventory.git"  //mm_inventory  kmap_inventory
#import "z_softaim.git"    //mm_softaim    kmap_softaim

Compiling it give me this:
GPC: Unreferenced: z__default_cmap, z_ads_cmap, z_ads_mxyc, z_inventory_cmap, z_inventory_mxyc, z_softaim_cmap, z_softaim_mxyc

Can I free those up to save scriptcode, like doing "#del z__default_cmap"
or can they be automatically removed when a script isn't using them ?
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:09 pm

Scachi wrote:or can they be automatically removed when a script isn't using them ?

Automatic remove unreferenced/unused symbols is an optimization that for long I am planning to do. Will try get done before the 1.08 public release. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Scachi » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:34 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
Scachi wrote:or can they be automatically removed when a script isn't using them ?

Automatic remove unreferenced/unused symbols is an optimization that for long I am planning to do. Will try get done before the 1.08 public release. :smile0517:

Oh sweet :smile0517:
Github: https://github.com/J2Kbr/GtunerIV/issues/377 :wink:
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:11 pm

Scachi wrote:
J2Kbr wrote:

Oh sweet :smile0517:
Github: https://github.com/J2Kbr/GtunerIV/issues/377 :wink:

Released :joia: :smile0517:
Gtuner IV 1.08B Revision 2 changelog:
* Code Editor: File handles are kept closed, so other apps can have write access {GitHub#375}
* GPC Compiler: Implemented garbage collection of unused variables, functions, combos {GitHub#377}
* GPC Compiler: Updated xb1.gph header file to include XB1_SYNC define (BUTTON_21)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements