Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

Official news and announcements from the ConsoleTuner team.

Re: Titan Two and Gtuner IV - 1.10 BETA Release (PS5 & XSX)

Postby IllumiDaddy » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:23 pm

Do we know what “specialized” controller we can buy that would eliminate having any timeouts?

And currently I have my titan two connected to my ps5 and my xim apex plugged into my titan two. Will that setup allow me to still use both the titan two and xim apex as normal?
IllumiDaddy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby marlborodude » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:32 pm

I guess most flight and fight sticks will work then? https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03 ... cessories/
marlborodude
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby lamego » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:41 pm

Hello

A couple of updates/feedback testing with Titan 2 (both XsX and PS5) v1.10.16:
- For the XsX, my setup is - Titan2 is directly connected to XsX via USB, and Xbox Elite2 is connected via wireless receiver dongle to Titan 2. Generally, all is fine. I can only make the T2 work with the "Xbox One" output type. Choosing Xbox Series X output mode will make the Titan 2 restart loop. Not a concern for me as Xbox One output works exactly perfect. :smile0517:

- For the PS5, my setup is - Titan2 is directly connected to PS5 via USB, and PS5 DualSense is connected via BT to Titan 2. I have tried the scripting and it works fine in-between reconnects. Vibration, sounds, Astro work fine if a DualSense is connected directly to T2.
The disconnect can be game-breaking (I have not tried online play). In the games I have tried: MK11U, Astro, Spiderman all "paused" during the reconfiguration loop. The reconfiguration loop occurs, for me, after around 10 minutes and not 7:40.
I have tried to see if NACON Controller Esports (was my PS4 equivalent to the Elite controller) counts as a "Specialty" controller but that was not the case. My hopes are that this reconfiguration loop can be overcome. Otherwise, I can invest in a Steering wheel or Flight Stick - just as a passive plugged in device - but rather not sink money into it.
Question: is the Hori PlayStation 4 TAC Pro (keypad/mouse) considered a specialty? or does it have to be a steering wheel, arcade stick, or flight stick?
lamego
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby IllumiDaddy » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:56 pm

Unless someone on here has tried it I think I’m just going to buy a flight stick or steering wheel from Walmart. If it doesn’t work I’ll just return it.
IllumiDaddy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Gobot » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:49 pm

So I'm confused, we can use the dualshock with ps5 games using the titan?
Gobot
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Gobot » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:13 pm

J2Kbr wrote:(Dec-07) The 1.10 BETA-16 adds scripting and crossover support for PS5 games (with timeout reset).
We have been working on multiples fronts to add support for PS5 games to the Titan Two. In order to support all new PS5 features, the main and final goal is have the Titan Two emulating the DualSense controller. However, a joint work with XIM Tech demonstrated that is possible to use some PS4 compatible controllers to play PS5 games, provided few requisites are met.

For some reason Sony is allowing "specialized" controllers to work with PS5 games. This beta release (1.10.1.16) emulates a "specialized" controller and can be used to play PS5 game with all Titan Two features supported (scripting, crossover play, input translators, K&M, CV, etc).

In order for the Titan Two correctly reply the console's authentication requests, one of these "specialized" controller must be plugged to the device. We will soon be building a list of controllers that can be used for this purpose. Unfortunately, regular controllers such as DualShock 4, DualSense, Astro, Nacon, Razer, etc does not works.

!IMPORTANT! The Titan Two can still be used to play PS5 games even if there is NO "specialized" controller connected to it. In this case the Titan Two will automatically reconnect to the console every 7 minutes and 30 seconds in order to reset the console's authentication timeout. The reconnection takes 800 milli-seconds and, depending on the game, can barely be noticed (tested with Demon's Souls).

Step-by-step on how to use the Titan Two with PlayStation 5 games:
- On PS5 goto Settings -> Accessories -> Controllers -> Communication Method: USB
- Configure the Titan Two output protocol to "USB PlayStation 5"
- Connect the Titan Two output port to PS5 console
- Optional: Plug the "specialized" controller to any input port of the Titan Two

At this point you should be able to operate the console normally. All Titan Two features will work.

Enjoy this initial support for PS5 games while we are working hard to achieve our main goal. :smile0517:

Excuse my ignorance but all I'm trying to do is play Destiny 2 on the PS5 with my Astro C40 controller. I don't really care about the scripts. Is that a possibility?
Gobot
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby battlelog » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:30 pm

It should work, just put it at a ps4 input device on the T2. I dont think it will work with a Ps5 ds controller??
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Gobot » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:51 pm

battlelog wrote:It should work, just put it at a ps4 input device on the T2. I dont think it will work with a Ps5 ds controller??

I'm completely confused as to how to update it. It did the update but the part of the directions to configure the output has me stumped.

Scratch that I found it but ps5 isn't an option
Gobot
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Gobot » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:02 am

Gobot wrote:
battlelog wrote:It should work, just put it at a ps4 input device on the T2. I dont think it will work with a Ps5 ds controller??

I'm completely confused as to how to update it. It did the update but the part of the directions to configure the output has me stumped.

I must have gone wrong somewhere. I see the output protocol but ps5 isn't an option
Gobot
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby lamego » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:08 am

Gobot wrote:
Gobot wrote:

I must have gone wrong somewhere. I see the output protocol but ps5 isn't an option

You must install the beta. (configure the Gtuner for a beta tester. Then update).
lamego
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements