Playstation 5: Remote Play & Other info.

Official news and announcements from the ConsoleTuner team.

Re: Playstation 5: Remote Play & Other info.

Postby DOA777 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:40 pm

NeoTechni wrote:So this beloader, why does it need to be connected to the network? It's really simulating Remote Play?

That sounds terrible... How well does it work? Cause it's been so long I may just give up and get it

Its ok, once youve got it set up.! ideally you want to connect it all via ethernet to avoid wifi interference, but that is a mess and not very practical; the application to set it up, i found very cumbersome, and bare bones, and not very clear; and there is a number of applications (i suppose for different versions of windows i dont know, you have to have a computer running windows to set it up!) to choose from, i had to download a few untill one worked, took a while (i will say that the support for it online is quite exceptional; a few weeks ago there was a a firmware update for the ps5 that messed with remote play, and the beloader wouldn't work; but they had a fix within the hour!

in regards to wifi and interference, if your router supports it, put it on 5mhz and the beloader to 2.5mhz and that solved a few problems. i live relatively remotely, if you live in an apartment, block of flats, i couldnt tell you how it operates there.

there is slight input lag, (only slight) if you use a script with aim assist setup, it slows it down the shake right down; (there is a script for COD just put up where you can change the the speed of the shake, (which is really good, i imagine set it higher than normal and it might solve the problem.

another oddity! is that i found for certain games it sometimes disconnects, 'stray' for example disconnects frequently (i cant tell you why, i wouldnt have thought it matters what game you play, but for 'stray' it cuts ocasionly (on a game like stray it wont matter) ive had no connection lost while playing cod or BF2042 since i swapped wifi bands.

its gonna depend on your personnel environment; if you can connect everything via ethernet, youll have minimal problems and have neglible input lag if you can connect through ethernet get the beloader pro (it might still be on offer)) for sure; if youre relatively secluded, but cant connect via ethernet, get the basic i reckon!

also to be fair! im pretty sure even after literally years now of promising theyre not gonna update the titan 2 for the ps5; i should have got an xbox and a c r o n u s to be frank! even though the titan 2 is far superior, it just feels like the operation is winding down im afraid!
DOA777
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby jameswoo » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:54 pm

Victrix Pro BFG, a new official licensed 3rd party controller is coming out for ps5, will it help with the titan 2 - ps5 situation?

https://www.victrixpro.com/showroom/victrix-pro-bfg
jameswoo
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby battlelog » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:08 pm

NO. Only remote play, Beloder Pro, or that new program PSRC using Remote Play.
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby acidrock69 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:31 pm

DOA777 wrote:
NeoTechni wrote:So this beloader, why does it need to be connected to the network? It's really simulating Remote Play?

That sounds terrible... How well does it work? Cause it's been so long I may just give up and get it

Its ok, once youve got it set up.! ideally you want to connect it all via ethernet to avoid wifi interference, but that is a mess and not very practical; the application to set it up, i found very cumbersome, and bare bones, and not very clear; and there is a number of applications (i suppose for different versions of windows i dont know, you have to have a computer running windows to set it up!) to choose from, i had to download a few untill one worked, took a while (i will say that the support for it online is quite exceptional; a few weeks ago there was a a firmware update for the ps5 that messed with remote play, and the beloader wouldn't work; but they had a fix within the hour!

in regards to wifi and interference, if your router supports it, put it on 5mhz and the beloader to 2.5mhz and that solved a few problems. i live relatively remotely, if you live in an apartment, block of flats, i couldnt tell you how it operates there.

there is slight input lag, (only slight) if you use a script with aim assist setup, it slows it down the shake right down; (there is a script for COD just put up where you can change the the speed of the shake, (which is really good, i imagine set it higher than normal and it might solve the problem.

another oddity! is that i found for certain games it sometimes disconnects, 'stray' for example disconnects frequently (i cant tell you why, i wouldnt have thought it matters what game you play, but for 'stray' it cuts ocasionly (on a game like stray it wont matter) ive had no connection lost while playing cod or BF2042 since i swapped wifi bands.

its gonna depend on your personnel environment; if you can connect everything via ethernet, youll have minimal problems and have neglible input lag if you can connect through ethernet get the beloader pro (it might still be on offer)) for sure; if youre relatively secluded, but cant connect via ethernet, get the basic i reckon!

also to be fair! im pretty sure even after literally years now of promising theyre not gonna update the titan 2 for the ps5; i should have got an xbox and a c r o n u s to be frank! even though the titan 2 is far superior, it just feels like the operation is winding down im afraid!

I have my PS5 connected to my home theater and pretty sure I can hook up a beloader to the ethernet but I'm trying to really grasp Remote Play. You're still playing on the PS5 but the beloader is tricking the system by acting as the 'remote device'?

I see beloader has a headphone jack. Is the sound still going through to the receiver? I don't want to find out I need headphones lol.
Last edited by acidrock69 on Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
acidrock69
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby acidrock69 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:32 pm

battlelog wrote:NO. Only remote play, Beloder Pro, or that new program PSRC using Remote Play.

Any idea how to get an invite for PSRC? I see you can do it on the XIM forum but I created an account and no matter what I do it won't send me a confirmation email to complete registration.

Edit: I used another email to put in a beta invite on XIM. Stupid question, do you need a XIM to use it?
acidrock69
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby alanmcgregor » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:51 am

No, you don't need XIM to use PSRC
alanmcgregor
Major
Major

Postby kailolo4 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:50 am

MW2 2022 ps5 version does not work with T2 direct connect to ps5.

Although I was able to control my ps5 via Sony’s remote Play software from my Windows OC using mouse n keyboard, the the ps5 controller hooked via T2 hooked to pc usb did not control the ps5. Oddly the ps5 controller did control menu selections on the pc’s settings window, but did not work inside the pc’s remote play window. Wtf.
I dont wanna buy a raspberry.

Is anyone tweaking the t2 to work with mw2?
kailolo4
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Mad » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:28 pm

Play the PS4 version of the game or get a beloader (that requires setup on a pc though) could always set it up at a library or something.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby DOA777 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:50 pm

acidrock69 wrote:
DOA777 wrote:

I have my PS5 connected to my home theater and pretty sure I can hook up a beloader to the ethernet but I'm trying to really grasp Remote Play. You're still playing on the PS5 but the beloader is tricking the system by acting as the 'remote device'?

I see beloader has a headphone jack. Is the sound still going through to the receiver? I don't want to find out I need headphones lol.

i wouldnt say it tricks it, it works the same way as if you had remote play to your pc; the playstation is still running and displaying, it just broadcasts it to the beloader. its a run around essentially, you connect you t2 to the beloader and your input gets transmitted through the beloader to the router, then to the playstation and vice versa. the beloader is only connected to the ps5 usb for the sake of power, you can connect it to a usb plug, and it will work the same.
DOA777
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby DOA777 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:55 pm

Mad wrote:Play the PS4 version of the game or get a beloader (that requires setup on a pc though) could always set it up at a library or something.

'play the ps4 version' is not an adequate alternative, people do not buy a ps5 to play the ps4 version of the game; and the beloader is an admirable attempt to overcome the shortfalls of the T2 (or the T2 firmware) but it is not an appropriate alternative for many people; and arguably not fit for purpose for FPS like call of duty. furthermore not sure how you set it up at a library without lugging the ps5 down there and setting it up, so you can authenticate the code within the time limit!
DOA777
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements