Anti-Recoil Abnormal Move XIM APEX and Titan Two

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Anti-Recoil Abnormal Move XIM APEX and Titan Two

Postby Sillyasskid » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:00 pm

This might have to do with the Apex no longer setting the Right Stick values to 0.00. Like the Xim 4 use to do. So if your resting right stick value is say 6.7 X and 8.3 Y for example. The anitirecoil script wont compensate for this So that extra 8.3 on the Y might be adding to the anti rececoil, giving it a higher multiplier. I notice that when you aim in and out the resting values of the Y, seem to be effected for some odd reason. Like example. my Y value is at 3.2, then I aim in and then my Y value will change to a random number, well within the controllers deadzone, like -4.32, or 1.1. Its not consistent. When I stop aiming its the same issue, with a different resting value for the right stick.

This is something I have noticed with the way the Apex behaves, I have not actually tried any anti recoil scripts, but Thought I might chime in with my my thoughts. If this turns out to be the cause, a very simple script can correct this issue
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby marlborodude » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:45 pm

i have the same problem. I bought the titan two just for antirecoil, but it's not working. Even though i am only using vertical antirecoil values, it's drifting from side to side sometimes. And like Sillyasskid is saying, even the vertical AR is inconsistent. If you go to Device monitor you see the values in right stick x and y is fluctuating a lot. This is both with Controller and the apex. And i have tried ALL of the AR scripts. it is easy to see the drifting if you have no gun equipped and hold the fire button and have a vertical reference point in the background.
marlborodude
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby monty34 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:37 pm

Which setup did you use? I can use the same AR script for Apex>T2 >XB1 as before with the xim4 with no problems. I see above behaviour only if i use mouse >T2 >Apex >XB1. So far i didn't found a solution until now.
monty34
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby marlborodude » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:34 am

Using Apex>T2>PS4. But i have the same problem even when i use Controller>T2>PS4.
marlborodude
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby marlborodude » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:40 pm

ok, so when i use an anti-recoil With my xim4 and titan two it centers my right stick when in resting zone. In device monitor everything is working as intended, only Y value is affected when firing. But when i plug it into my PS4 it always start drifting to the right. I have a small marker painted on my screen so it is easy to see when i hold fire, have no weapon equipped and compare it to a vertical line in the background.
When i Connect my apex or my Controller to the titan two, it drifts randomly to the right and left, it doesn't center the x values (or y for that matters) after using the right stick.
I have no drifting problems when using titan one With my xim4 or Controller.
i was thinking about buying a new controller, but since the values in Device monitor is as they should be with the xim4, i was thinking it could be a problem With the titan two?
Kinda sucks since i upgraded to both the apex and titan two to get slighly better aim, but it got worse and i still have to use my xim4 and titan one..
marlborodude
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Sillyasskid » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:48 pm

Further testing shows the Apex seems to ignore the controllers real resting values for the X and Y for both sticks, instead of automatically centering these values (Like I mentioned above) the apex actually assigns its own values (which seem to be random) for the X and Y when they are inside the controllers resting zone.

I had my Titan 2 connected to the Apex, and the Apex connected to an additional Titan 2, and that Titan 2 connected to My Xbox. I noticed that when I changed the X and Y values manually to 0.00 with a script for the First Titan Two, The device manager showed my changes in effect. But The Second Titan Two did not see any changes in side its Device Manager.

Wondering why the values were not passing through the Apex to the Second TItan Two. Had me manually raising the the X and Y values, for troubleshooting purposes.

I noticed when the X or Y value, (did not matter which), had reached 18.93% in (either direction this also did not matter).
That the values finally got relayed over to the second titan two. Meaning that this is the defined value for the Xim Apex before it actually stop hijacking the controllers sticks when they are within the resting zone, and assigning them random numbers.

Thankfully it appears to be a simple square deadzone that the Apex controls. Only one of the axis's (X, or Y) either one, is actually required too reach 18.93%, and doing so will set both axis fee from the Apexs control.

About the anti recoil
I don't really care for anti recoil scripts, so I never bothered to even make one, but now that I understand the way the Apex handles the the sticks in the resting positions. And the noticeable effect it has with current anti recoil scripts, this kind of makes be interested in making a anti recoil script. [GPC of course :a1chill_angry1: ]

In regards to this static or dynamic anti recoil discussion, I do want to give my 2 cents, and say
A dynamic approach towards this script is definitely possible, and should be implemented as so, especially for Anti-Recoil when using a mouse, as there are a lot more variables that need to be assessed In order to have this sort of script work as intended.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby Squadwipe2020 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:47 pm

I am having this same issue, interested to see if this will be fixed with the next firmware update? As always appreciate the feedback from moderators and users alike. You guys are awesome!
Squadwipe2020
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:30 am

I believe the random deadzone changes on the resting stick position of the Apex are intentional. It's not a problem with the Titan Two and it's not J2K's issue to fix.

It sounds like we need to neutralise the deadzone before applying anti-recoil. That'll likely be the case for all current Gamepacks and scripts.

I've actually been doing this in my T2 scripts from day dot to knock off minor stick noise that has always existed on a Xim, but to a much smaller degree.

Ignoring all stick movement below 18.93 appears to be the magic number. That makes sense as I think the smallest deadzone of a Xim ST is 20, at least in all of the testing I've ever done with AR code.

This might work (original code thanks to bonefisher) -

Code: Select all

// DEADZONE REMOVER
    // Remove stick noise
    if(abs(get_actual(STICK_1_X)) < 18.93) { set_val(STICK_1_X, 0.0); }
    if(abs(get_actual(STICK_1_Y)) < 18.93) { set_val(STICK_1_Y, 0.0); }
    if(abs(get_actual(STICK_2_X)) < 18.93) { set_val(STICK_2_X, 0.0); }
    if(abs(get_actual(STICK_2_Y)) < 18.93) { set_val(STICK_2_Y, 0.0); }

I haven't tested this with recent Apex firmware, but anti-recoil should then work as per normal with the deadzone code added to a script, and anti-recoil values may need to be adjusted.

Test it out and post an update if it works or not. The concern will be if this affects micro-aim, so it should probably be applied within the anti-recoil combo.

I also don't think this will work if your setup is T2 > Apex rather than Apex > T2 as the T2 won't have a chance to filter the Apex output.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tatsumakii Chan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:19 pm

I'm kinda new to how scripts work and was wondering how would you add this to your latest anti recoil script.
Tatsumakii Chan
Private
Private

Postby antithesis » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:05 am

How are you seeing the Apex threshold of 18.93 sillyasskid?

The best I can register after flicking the sticks to get a new random Apex value is 4.31. I'm pretty sure that's closer to the intended resting value range.

I've updated the antithesis Antirecoil script in the Online Resources section of Gtuner IV to add a new StickNoise variable and some Deadzone Remover code. It's been set to 4.31 to knock out the maximum DZ value I could trigger via the Apex, but you may need to tweak it to your individual setups.

What StickNoise does is neutralise the random starting resting value created by the Apex and applies the correct anti-recoil values set in the script.

Script added here for convenience -
Code: Select all

#pragma METAINFO("antithesis Antirecoil", 1, 01, "antithesis")

fix32 RECOIL_V = 30.0;
fix32 RECOIL_H = 0.0;
fix32 RY;
fix32 RX;

fix32 StickNoise = 4.32;

main {

// DEADZONE REMOVER
    if(abs(get_actual(STICK_1_X)) < StickNoise) { set_val(STICK_1_X, 0.0); }
    if(abs(get_actual(STICK_1_Y)) < StickNoise) { set_val(STICK_1_Y, 0.0); }
    if(abs(get_actual(STICK_2_X)) < StickNoise) { set_val(STICK_2_X, 0.0); }
    if(abs(get_actual(STICK_2_Y)) < StickNoise) { set_val(STICK_2_Y, 0.0); }

// ANTI-RECOIL
    if (get_val (BUTTON_5))
    {   
        AntiRecoil(STICK_1_Y,RECOIL_V);
        AntiRecoil(STICK_1_X,RECOIL_H);
    }

}

void AntiRecoil (uint8 axis, fix32 recoil)
{

RY = get_actual(STICK_1_Y);
     RX = get_actual(STICK_1_X);

if (get_val(BUTTON_5) && (sqrt(RX*RX + RY*RY)) <= abs(recoil))
    {
        if(abs(RY) <= abs(recoil))
        {
            set_val(axis,(recoil * (100.0 - abs(get_val(axis)))) / 100.0 + get_val(axis));
        }
    }
}

Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device